PDA

View Full Version : Wow, the hype for LA Noire PC is pretty much dead.

Bagel CB
11-01-2011, 05:05 AM
I'm very disappointed at the lack of forums for this game despite being available for preorder. No discussions means no hype for this game. Even the game's forum at Gamefaqs is dead silent, and we're how close to release?

Arthur Hucksake
11-01-2011, 07:29 AM
Probably because anyone that was interested in it, already played it on console. If they would of announced a PC version back then, people would have waited.

KubanitoS
11-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Probably because anyone that was interested in it, already played it on console. If they would of announced a PC version back then, people would have waited.

Nah, this is not true. I don't have a console, so I did not know anything about this game. I am very excited, already have it pre-ordered, but it seems Steam doesn't want to advertise this game much, they simply don't care, that is why we don't have a forum for it, which I have asked for before (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2193243), but noone gave a ♥♥♥♥. :/

Austin007
11-01-2011, 03:48 PM
I thought this was strange too, started to doubt my forum searching ability. Why is there no LA Noire section by now, other unreleased games have had sections for a while.

Brings up a few questions: who decides if a game's update details get published in the News section of the site? More than one of my games has had updates in the past 2 weeks with no details posted.

I want LA Noire, no doubt about it. When I buy it is something else.

KubanitoS
11-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Brings up a few questions: who decides if a game's update details get published in the News section of the site?

I think it it works like this: the publisher makes a patch and then uploads it to Valve. Then after a few days Valve adds the patch to Steam then we should see the update news after that.

KubanitoS
11-01-2011, 04:09 PM
It is also notable that LA Noire doesn't show up in my library after the pre-order. I can see it under my games and subscriptions ofc. It doesn't look like Valve wants to advertise this title.

scubs
11-01-2011, 07:24 PM
already played it on console (rented) and would never spend $50 on a console port (this game was fully developed on console then ported). i'll buy it when it's around $10, just like i did with the GTA series.

Rockstar really don't care about PC players and PC market is only their last "last call" to extract a bit of more revenue from the title.

Bagel CB
11-01-2011, 10:09 PM
I never played it on console, so it'll pretty much be a new experience for me.

Pixit
11-03-2011, 04:31 PM
More people find LA Noire to be a boring game. They should have made Red Dead Redemption for PC instead.

erwem576
11-04-2011, 09:45 AM
More people find LA Noire to be a boring game. They should have made Red Dead Redemption for PC instead.

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner.

I bought LA Noire on the PS3 when it came out because I gave into the hype. I didn't fall for the misleading advertising that heavily conveyed the idea of a more GTA like game where you just happen to do detective work.

The reviews and previews were more honest and I went in knowing it was going to be different not just some Mafia 2 clone, either.

The potential here for something new and fresh was huge. I think if they'd spent another 6 months on this game and really ironed some things out it would have been the kind of thing people would have been talking about for a long time and possibly started a new and different kind of franchise.

Instead, it's a fascinating experiment that ultimately falls apart and burns badly. Too bad.

It just bored the holy hell out of me and the gameplay mechanics were very uneven and wonky at times.

Replay value is virtually nonexistent because getting answers ultimately comes down to writing down some notes, memory, and then that's it.

The game's narrative and storyline peak in homicide and then completely fly off the rails after that. Even people that really liked this game concede that point and admit that replay value dies right there if nothing else even for them.

Team Bondi was shut down. Really, that's all you need to know about this.

$45 for this is laughable. I don't care if it has all the DLC or not.

If they'd brought this out on the PC around $20-$25 or so I'd say to people "Go ahead and take a gamble, you might really like it."

Shoot, even I might have halfway considered it just to screw around with.

I can't do it with a straight face or a clear conscience in this case. Wait for the inevitable and frankly rapid price drop that's going to happen after this thing comes out.

Steam sale for $20 or so, sure, take a gamble. Don't be suckers and pay $45 for this. Please?

BlackOps101
11-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Probably because anyone that was interested in it, already played it on console. If they would of announced a PC version back then, people would have waited. Same, I played this awhile ago, loved it! Not sure if I'll get the pc version... Maybe just for kicks..

Austin007
11-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Now I see why, used console copies are going for $25, new are $39.

erwem576
11-05-2011, 09:00 AM
Now I see why, used console copies are going for $25, new are $39.

The price will drop even faster on this. Very fast.

As usual, the price drops will show up on the retail side first but ultimately you'll see this on sale even here probably before too long at half its current asking price where it should be anyways.

Austin007
11-05-2011, 10:06 AM
I hope so, I kinda want to see what it's all about.

hat
11-05-2011, 03:47 PM
$45 for this is laughable. I don't care if it has all the DLC or not.

It's $80.99 in Australia, and that is marked down from its usual $89.99. :eek:

DashAnimal
11-06-2011, 02:35 AM
I'll throw this out there:

I'm very interested in the game, but I have no REAL interest in discussing it (other than maybe reading threads on it occasionally). The game isn't multiplayer so I don't really have any questions about gameplay. Instead, the game sounds story-intensive and I don't want missions or plot-points ruined and I'd like to go in fresh.. so I have nothing to ask.

Secondly, there are video reviews everywhere which I've been watching, since the game has been out for months on consoles. So there is no waiting period for reviews coming in, waiting to see how it fares, waiting to see pros-cons. I already know this is a game I'll enjoy from the reviews.

So yeah. I imagine there are many more like me. The hype is there, and it would probably be visible if there were a forum, but I'm still excited to play this game.

KubanitoS
11-06-2011, 03:26 AM
I'll throw this out there:

I'm very interested in the game, but I have no REAL interest in discussing it (other than maybe reading threads on it occasionally). The game isn't multiplayer so I don't really have any questions about gameplay. Instead, the game sounds story-intensive and I don't want missions or plot-points ruined and I'd like to go in fresh.. so I have nothing to ask.

Secondly, there are video reviews everywhere which I've been watching, since the game has been out for months on consoles. So there is no waiting period for reviews coming in, waiting to see how it fares, waiting to see pros-cons. I already know this is a game I'll enjoy from the reviews.

So yeah. I imagine there are many more like me. The hype is there, and it would probably be visible if there were a forum, but I'm still excited to play this game.

Indeed.

The reviews also say this is a good game. The PC version has improved textures and every DLC that is avaliable. I can't understand why ppl come here to rant not to purchase this game. It is okay ff they don't like the style or the game overall, but spamming ♥♥♥♥ about it is really unnecessary.

erwem576
11-06-2011, 08:06 AM
Since when do professionally paid reviews represent the gospel truth?

Now if someone goes into this knowing what to expect and they know what that is and they know that's what they want, then more power to them. They should enjoy the game...at least until they leave homicide. That's when the narrative completely goes to pot and that's even mentioned in some of those paid for professional reviews btw.

Alienmen1
11-11-2011, 03:31 PM
I cant even play the game...

and its the same thing for a lot of Nvidia forum user of Nvidia forum.

La Noire forums are not dead, they are quite alive. Especially when they write about the fact that they can't play the game...

Hitaro9
11-11-2011, 03:45 PM
I can't play the game either. =(

KubanitoS
11-11-2011, 04:04 PM
TO EVERYONE WHO CAN'T PLAY THE GAME:

Close Steam and start it as an admin. Right click on steam.exe and select run as administrator. This worked for me.

Have to love, that there still isn't a topic for this game.

MADDOGGE
11-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Already played and enjoyed it on the 360 so no rush now. Now RS will have to wait til it's fully patched and it's $5 or less before I pick it up for the PC. My main rig is trashed anyway with no replacement in sight and I doubt seriously if it would play well anyway on my backup P4.

bad09
11-14-2011, 10:41 AM
Rockstar really made a rod for their back with LA Noire PC.

1. They are releasing their first game since alienating a great deal of their fans on PC with the RDR snub.

2. By doing their normal "no, no PC version" then months later "OK, we lied there is a PC version" meant a lot of sales would be lost on console.

3. By doing their normal "no, no PC version" then months later "OK, we lied there is a PC version" meant those of use who didn't get a console version have had plenty of time to hear how disappointed console players were.

unusingur
12-18-2011, 11:15 AM
Rockstar really made a rod for their back with LA Noire PC.

1. They are releasing their first game since alienating a great deal of their fans on PC with the RDR snub.

2. By doing their normal "no, no PC version" then months later "OK, we lied there is a PC version" meant a lot of sales would be lost on console.

3. By doing their normal "no, no PC version" then months later "OK, we lied there is a PC version" meant those of use who didn't get a console version have had plenty of time to hear how disappointed console players were.

i guess RDR is a tough lesson to learn: boycot console games to force developers to bring them to pc!

POOTDISPENSER
12-26-2011, 10:52 PM
I was actually looking forward to the PC version (still am) but I'm worried about the port being as bad as GTA IV as they say.

And do we have to play it on GFWL? I actually consider the price a steal now. So I'm considering whether to buy it. And now I can't even log in my GFWL client.

pragzor
12-31-2011, 11:04 AM
Lmfao. 75% off.

Jack Pipsam
02-05-2012, 01:42 AM
I lost the heart to play it once the developers of the game shutdown.