PDA

View Full Version : Is the "casual" difficulty setting too easy?

quodlibet79
11-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Hi.

Is the "casual" difficulty setting too easy? I just finished the first quest (with the four prisoners in the dungeon), and it was hardly a challenge. My party barely got hurt, and once I get out of battle mode, all health is replenished completely.

Will things get more complicated/difficult as I progress, or is this a good preview of what this difficulty setting will be like for the entire game?

Thanks.

ben583
11-02-2011, 11:00 AM
Difficulty will slowly ramp up, however you wouldn't see much challenge in the casual difficulty at all.

quodlibet79
11-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Difficulty will slowly ramp up, however you wouldn't see much challenge in the casual difficulty at all.

I assumed "casual" to be like the standard "easy" in other games. Can the difficulty setting be changed after a the game has already started and progressed? I really wouldn't want to start from the beginning again. As it is, if you say that difficulty ramps up, that's fine with me. Is it normal for all health to be replenished once I'm out of battle mode?

quodlibet79
11-02-2011, 11:43 AM
Okay, so it seems I was able to change the difficulty back to normal after I loaded a saved game. I'm glad the developer allowed for that! :)

TheGreenLing
01-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Depends on your skill level. I found normal quite easy so I believe the casual setting is best for playing around or maybe doing a 1 char run.