PDA

View Full Version : Steam Support is trash

poordude1089
11-02-2011, 01:53 PM
I'm going to preface this by saying that I'm mad right now, but I think I have a right to be.

I woke up Friday, and noticed that it was the day TF2's Halloween update went up. I decide to play it, only to find that I'm not able to log in to my Steam account with my username and password. A bit concerned, I click the link to retrieve a lost account, only to realize that what I thought my secret question's answer was, was not. I set up this account 3 years ago, so it's not exactly important information at this stage. Now worried about losing access to all of my games, I set up a ticket with Steam Support. This was Friday. This was all done in the space of an hour.

Saturday. Nothing.

Sunday. Nothing

Monday. I finally recieve a message back from support, asking for confirmation via my payment method (nothing that could cause worry about identity theft, but enough to prove I'm the accounts owner). I enter said information and send it along. That was Monday.

Tuesday. Nothing

It's now Wednesday afternoon. The Halloween update is gone. I think I got to play 2 games before trying to log into my account from my browser made me notice my password was not what I thought it was, and I found the only way to change it was to log out of Steam (the application, not the website). I'm not sure how many times I would have wanted to play the halloween map, but it was sure as hell more than 2.

What exactly is Steam Support doing while I wait for them to reply? I'm not he type to expect miracles, but resetting a password should be a simple act, taking up no more than a few hours time.

I've never had a reason to use Steam Support before this, but I'm going to avoid them like the plague from now on. In the mean time, I'll keep waiting, and hopefully I'll be able to buy Bastion before the sale is gone.

cnnoi33
11-02-2011, 01:56 PM
I know...
It took 3 months to unban my account

theblk
11-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Friend, we are in the same situation. The only answer I got from support was asking me on Sunday and then no response even more. If you want to take a look at my problem, follow the topic I just created:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2217665

The support really leaves much to be desired.

Nick_N
11-02-2011, 02:05 PM
What exactly is Steam Support doing while I wait for them to reply?.

They are busy assisting the many many many other users who submitted updated tickets before you and when they finally get back to yours they have to confirm the information you provided them.

DarkShard25
11-02-2011, 02:07 PM
The Steam Support team is very small. Though I do find it aggravating to wait 3+ days to get a simple automated response that does not help me.

Pitbulit
11-02-2011, 02:10 PM
Cant they just hire more people for Steam Support?

Resident-Seven
11-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Pretty sure Steam support is just the 1 spambot. Judging from the encounters I've had.

Weeks to solve problems, ask the same question over and over, give "solutions" that you've already said don't work.

Atwooooood
11-02-2011, 02:15 PM
This makes me glad I've never had to use support in the 4 years I've been using steam.

Although I do understand you can only help so many people with limited staff.

poordude1089
11-02-2011, 02:19 PM
The Steam Support team is very small. Though I do find it aggravating to wait 3+ days to get a simple automated response that does not help me.

How small is small?

Cant they just hire more people for Steam Support?

Exactly my thoughts. You'd think with Valve being so good with their service and more or less being "the good guys" as far as their customers are concerned, they'd have a better support system in place for when something does go wrong.

Weeks to solve problems, ask the same question over and over, give "solutions" that you've already said don't work.

That's actually a common thing in tech support. Blame etiquette, not the person you're talking to. They're usually given specific lines they have to go through to get obvious stuff out of the way, and to make sure you're not offended.

poordude1089
11-02-2011, 02:24 PM
OH FOR GODSAKE!

I just got an email from support that my password has been changed. Like 5 minutes ago. Talk about timing.

Fire2box
11-02-2011, 02:26 PM
OH FOR GODSAKE!

I just got an email from support that my password has been changed. Like 5 minutes ago. Talk about timing.

Oh no, they finally did what you wanted. The horror, how dare they!

Atwooooood
11-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Well atleast you got it worked out, despite the amount of time it took.

Silicon Vampire
11-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Looks like we are done here...

BurtonJ
11-02-2011, 02:30 PM
poordude1089,

My apologies - we should have resolved the issue on our initial response instead of asking for further proof of ownership. Fortunately, you should now be good-to-go.