PDA

View Full Version : Interact with brother

jeywhy
11-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Well I have tried this as I progress through career mode but as yet I have not managed to find the hot spot.

I presume you look at the brother and press "Alt" which would then show a hot spot to click on. A bit like the action for inspecting the helicopters?

If there is a hot spot without pressing "Alt" that does not show either.

Anyone able to help me out on this one?

Jedra
11-03-2011, 05:10 PM
Point the cursor at your brother, you should get an on screen prompt. When you see it, you should just be able to click on him.

meercat
11-03-2011, 06:59 PM
Yes I've had this trouble too.

Sometimes when in Joe's office (those interludes at the heliport between missions) the activation 'hot-spot' on Joe is not present.

I think this usually occurs after having completed a side mission (government/private) and/or free flight.

I have found this can be resolved by taking a little walk to the hanger and/or outside to the helipads and back again.
When you walk back into the office I was then able to interact with Joe (and the guy in the other office - I forget his name).

jeywhy
11-03-2011, 07:00 PM
That is what I thought should happen but it does not.

When I point my cursor at my brother it stays as a cross. I have tried left clicking the mouse button but no effect.

I have tried pressing the Alt button and left clicking, no effect.

Puzzling?

meercat
11-03-2011, 07:13 PM
Try going to one of the 'Upgrade Helicopter' workbenches in the hangar. 'Enter' and then 'exit' this and then try Joe again.

Or maybe even just exit out of career mode entirely and then continue.

I don't know. I've defenitely had the issue myself but it just seems to go away after doing other things.

jeywhy
11-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Yes I've had this trouble too.

I have found this can be resolved by taking a little walk to the hanger and/or outside to the helipads and back again.
When you walk back into the office I was then able to interact with Joe (and the guy in the other office - I forget his name).

Yes this worked for me all the way up to the mercenary training mission. Having completed that mission and not been able to interact I have tried : 1) going for a flight; 2) Going for a drive; 3) Checking out the faults on the heavy helicopter; 4) Taking it for a flight despite it having minor faults; 5) Re running a previous scenario in career mode; and 6) going for a free flight.

Still cannot interact with my brother. This has stopped me from progressing my career :confused:

Thanks for the advice anyway , I am glad that it is not only me that has had the problem.

jeywhy
11-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Try going to one of the 'Upgrade Helicopter' workbenches in the hangar. 'Enter' and then 'exit' this and then try Joe again.

Or maybe even just exit out of career mode entirely and then continue.

I don't know. I've defenitely had the issue myself but it just seems to go away after doing other things.

Will do, I'll let you know the result.

jeywhy
11-03-2011, 07:32 PM
OK I have resolved the problem for now.

I went to the external body view and clicked in an area way above Joe's head in the green vertical cladding area of the building above the window looking out onto the heli landing pads. The click spot was hidden up there and flashed briefly as I clicked away like a mad man.

I will try your suggestion about the upgrades bench if in future I cannot find the hidden click spot.

Cheers

jeywhy

Jedra
11-04-2011, 12:59 AM
OK I have resolved the problem for now.

I went to the external body view and clicked in an area way above Joe's head in the green vertical cladding area of the building above the window looking out onto the heli landing pads. The click spot was hidden up there and flashed briefly as I clicked away like a mad man.

I will try your suggestion about the upgrades bench if in future I cannot find the hidden click spot.

Cheers

jeywhy

How weird. This may be worth a post in the BI Forums as it does sound like a bit of a bug. Not come across it myself, but maybe the devs over there have some suggestions.

jeywhy
11-04-2011, 05:09 AM
How weird. This may be worth a post in the BI Forums as it does sound like a bit of a bug. Not come across it myself, but maybe the devs over there have some suggestions.

Hi Jedra

I tried posting the query over there at the same time as here, but for some reason the post did not show.

I will try again now with the solution.

Thank you to all who replied in helping to resolve my problem.

Cheers

Jeywhy:D