PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Generations PC - Report Glitch/Bug Thread

Pages : [1] 2

5onic
11-03-2011, 07:46 PM
------
RECENT PATCH UPDATE 11/11/2011
------
Please check the update notes and report back to this thread to further update us if your game works better
------

Hey one point I encounter a graphical missing texture bug during modern sonic for chemical plant. Whether or not its an hardware issue it only happen once and I decided to record it.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80kV-PTSsw8

Updates/patches:
11/11/2011 - http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=71340

%%
Fixed since 11/11/2011:
- USA flag is now correctly displayed in Online Mode.
- Fixed an issue where the Shop menu would become unresponsive at low frame rates.
- More accurate timing clock to 60Hz—may fix some issues with fluctuation frame rates.
- Updated default keyboard layout.
- Keyboard controls now correctly support drift.
- Screen display has been sharpened when AA is disabled.

Notes:
- Users of NVIDIA Optimus graphics cards may experience an issue where the Configuration Tool fails to detect the Optimus card. NVIDIA are working on fixing the problem, and will get an update out shortly, during the next driver release window.

- If you experience any other problems, please contact customersupportuk@sega.co.uk with details. To help us identify and fix the issue, please provide as much information as possible on your PC hardware, and the issue that you’re experiencing.
%%

Fixed Bugs
Online mode crashes or doesn't work - FIX by having under 100 friends on steam. Anything over will crash online, submitted by PGuybrush. OR Try disabling your firewall

Bugs.

Missing Textures happens randomly - Try verifying your steam files, update drivers.
--> Missing Level's Name
--> HUD doesn't display
Configuration tool won't run - Try disabling UAC and run with Admin user
--> Configuration does not allow Optimus Technology - READ ABOVE OR TRY THIS LINK http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2223176
FPS Drop at certain parts of the game, like chemical plant
Customization shop freezes game - quote by MyMultipass, Try this: go to the skill shop and keep pressing your Down button or Accept button. Just keep tapping it/mashing it. You will see that the game eventually responds.
Controls sometimes become unresponsive.
Voices out of sync with cutscene - See if your FPS is high enough during the video
Timer doesn't display on level select online mode
Some countries flags do not display for online rankings
30 second trial takes forever to load
Most game pad controllers for the PC are bugged to have sonic constantly side step, submitted by Valet2, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAfxeVxjlhs

Crashes occur at/when:

Customization shop
Loading your game
Some missions like rouges on seaside hill

Glitches.

1. Classic sonic falling through the floor if you spin dash
2. Invisible wall - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGXHNL3EAus
3. Camera glitches and don't follow its usual cycle
4. Spin dash sometimes makes sonic go reverse
5. Running/Spindashing through bridges sometimes slow sonic down
6. WTF bridge @ green hill zone act 1 sometimes glitches sonic
7. Sonic's spin dash can extend further than where it should go
8. Annoying spin dash fail, sonic trying to spin dash reverse while looking forward

Sources.
http://segmentnext.com/2011/11/04/sonic-generations-crashes-stuttering-fps-freezes-and-fixes/
http://[color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color]/fixing-sonic-generations-pc-crashes-online-mode-errors-freezing-lag-poor-fps-and-graphics-problems/

Help show SEGA the bugs by posting here as well, the official sonic generations forums! Link: http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?385428-Sonic-Generations-PC-Report-Glitch-Bug-Thread

Milkomeda
11-03-2011, 07:47 PM
That would be a hardware error your card would've failed to load it.

TornadoX
11-03-2011, 07:52 PM
For me the configuration tool crashes on "Save & Quit" or just "Close". It's not that bad, because it's still saving the settings. But I always get the "First time setup" when I start the game so the configuration tool comes, again, I click close, it crashed (twice!) and then the game loads without a problem. :D

Windows 7 Pro x64 (German)
HD 4870 with old drivers (I think it's 10.4a)

The cause could be my controller though (didn't check that yet). It's a PS2 controller with a PC adapter.

EDIT: Yes! It was the controller / adapter. I unplugged it and it didn't crash this time. Just plugged it back in, still working. And I'm not getting the "first time setup" anymore! :)

Year_of_the_Fox
11-03-2011, 07:53 PM
The configuration tool won't run. Period. No matter what.

KingKRool2002
11-03-2011, 07:54 PM
In both Classic & Modern Green Hill 1st stages, there were a lot of times when the actual ground I was running on wasn't there. All I saw was Sonic running on water with a few bits of grass in the water. This even happened during parts where it prompts you to press B to slide under something (I'm assuming it's some kindof low wall or something, but since all I saw was an open area with only water, I have no idea what I was sliding under). Usually, after awhile, the actual ground & all background terrain would appear, but after a bit, it would completely disappear again. I am running the game with anti-aliasing, V-sync on, 1920 x 1280 - 60, and I am using a dual GTX 295 Nividia GeForce video card with @ 1.5 GBs Video RAM, 8 GBs regular RAM, 2.7 GHz dual Pentium proccessor, Windows Vista 64-bit. My PC's rating for games is 5.9 (which is the top rating). I am using an Alienware PC. Is anyone else having this problem?

Mitsukayoi
11-03-2011, 07:56 PM
Only bug I've run into so far was a loop in Green Hill with classic where you fall through the floor if you spin dash.

Sonikku2008

This. Though I'm getting two crashes: one by something Steam is asking for UAC permission to run and one from the config tool itself.

KingKRool2002
Hey one point I encounter a graphical missing texture bug during modern sonic for chemical plant. Whether or not its an hardware issue it only happen once and I decided to record it.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80kV-PTSsw8

I have a similar problem on Green Hill. I am using a 360 wired controller. Sorry for the double post, I didn't realize that you had a similar problem & I wasn't sure how to quote in an edited post.

AwayToHit
11-03-2011, 08:09 PM
Online mode crashes...my only problem with the game so far

LanHikari2000x
11-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Green Hill Zone Act 2, near the end, where a dirt road curves into the background with a jump plate at the end. I missed the boost plate just before the start of the curve, so Boosted instead, and kept going straight instead of turning. I stopped (invisible wall) right about where Sonic would hit the fence if it was an actual 3D segment, and had to back up to the boost to get it to work right.

5onic
11-03-2011, 08:48 PM
Thank you guys for your contribution, I'll try to keep a list updated and make this an unofficial bugs/glitch topic. But as for right now I'm enjoying the game. Hope you guys are enjoying it as well.

SonicChrono
11-03-2011, 08:52 PM
Metal Sonic, after defeating him with one last hit, the crash occured when I press the button to go to the hub world select after skipping the rankings.

Cervidanti
11-03-2011, 08:54 PM
I can't even get into the game. :) Black screen instead of Sega logo, nothing happens on-screen after screen with sonic and retro sonic.

I can get to a level after mashing some buttons but there is literally no HUD whatsoever.

7thHanyou
11-03-2011, 08:56 PM
I have a Dell XPSL502X, and an Nvidia graphics card with Optimus. Optimus switches to an integrated card when a game is not running.

I've tried everything to make Optimus run for every program, and specifically Generations, but the configuration utility only seems to recognize the integrated card. I think it's keeping the game from running.

I'd like a way around this.

5onic
11-03-2011, 09:01 PM
New bug, rescue scene voice over didn't appear when rescuing ESPIO as modern sonic.

TheOGB
11-03-2011, 09:07 PM
Sometimes when pausing the game will freeze. I hit the Windows button to come back to the desktop and then go back to the game and it'll be unfrozen, but the visuals are gray or something; the pause menu is fine. When I unpause, everything "blooms" back to normal.

Solveable, but I can't help but feel this wouldn't be as bad with a window option. Maybe that's just me complaining. But windowed mode is needed.

Also playing with a Power A Pro EX controller. Recognized and works most of the time, but occasionally the shoulder buttons freak out, i.e. quick stepping randomly and drift not working.

Ro9ge
11-03-2011, 09:08 PM

Also having this problem.

toastandjam
11-03-2011, 09:11 PM
Minor detail but uh, levels don't have titles\names on the loading screen, it just says :confused: in their place

TheOGB
11-03-2011, 09:19 PM
Minor detail but uh, levels don't have titles\names on the loading screen, it just says :confused: in their place
That's just how the game is. You learn the name of the stage after you play through it the first time.

CI254
11-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Online crashes on me every single time I attempt to connect to it.

AwayToHit
11-03-2011, 10:23 PM
Online crashes on me every single time I attempt to connect to it.

same :( but everything else is top notch though :D

Leox001
11-03-2011, 10:49 PM
my problem with the config application is that when exiting it crashes. It works though, idk if some people here can't even make it work..

The game also does a 'first time setup' everytime I open it, asks for UAC and opens the config app, then closing the config app crashes it. After that the game launches with no problem, using the settings saved from the config app despite the fact that it crashed.:confused:

in the end the game works and that's good I guess

XSFOX
11-03-2011, 11:02 PM
Well I'm getting Odd problems, first time I played the first enemy I killed crashed my game, restarted then it was fine, then I went to the customization shop and it seems to read my controller inputs there about 25% of the time ONLY there. :|

Then finally I try to look at the online leaderboards, doing this crashes my game every single time.

MalachiGenesis
11-03-2011, 11:06 PM
I've only encountered one.

*SPOILER*

I ended up falling through the second to last boss on 1 out of 4 attempts to hit him in the wall jumping phase when his reticle was supposed to appear and didn't (so I just vanished off screen till he smashed me and continued on)

Ryozaku
11-03-2011, 11:36 PM
How can I set it to my NVIDIA graphics card :/

CI254
11-04-2011, 12:02 AM
Game crashed as soon as I,
cleared Green Hill Act 2 as Super Sonic for the achievement.

Keirnoth
11-04-2011, 04:45 AM
my problem with the config application is that when exiting it crashes. It works though, idk if some people here can't even make it work..

The game also does a 'first time setup' everytime I open it, asks for UAC and opens the config app, then closing the config app crashes it. After that the game launches with no problem, using the settings saved from the config app despite the fact that it crashed.:confused:

in the end the game works and that's good I guess

As someone pointed out, this happens if you use a USB controller that's not the X360 controller for Windows. To resolve the configuration tool crashing issue:

1) Disable the controller from the Device Manager or unplug the controller (I would suggest just disabling it - unplugging it will cause you to lose your controller's configuration settings, if you're using the controller I THINK you're using)
2) Load the Configuration Tool. Hit Save and Quit. You'll notice it doesn't crash anymore.
3) Quit out of the game (if necessary).
4) Plug the controller back in or reenable the controller.
4) Load the Configuration Tool again and try hitting Save and Quit again.

The crashes should stop.

Xatory
11-04-2011, 05:52 AM
I used configuration tool to set key binding to odd than default.
In game key bindings is defaults, but in configuration tool they still how i configured it before.
Change bindings to another, checking game hash, deleting config files - nothing of it doesn't help to fix this issue.
Note that all others config (graphics, sound etc) saves and affects game as it must.
I have no idea how fix it.

Jibece
11-04-2011, 06:11 AM
I went to the customization shop and it seems to read my controller inputs there about 25% of the time ONLY there. :|
Same here :(
But it's ok with a keyboard (a keyboard? for Sonic? seriously?)

edit: I don't know why, but it's look ok on my 19" monitor (1440*900), and not with my 32" HDTV (1920*1080) :/

dOnUt!?
11-04-2011, 06:51 AM
I can't even get into the game. :) Black screen instead of Sega logo, nothing happens on-screen after screen with sonic and retro sonic.

I can get to a level after mashing some buttons but there is literally no HUD whatsoever.

THIS IS EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM I'M HAVING!

Cool_Al
11-04-2011, 07:00 AM
The game will not run on laptops with modern nVidia graphics (with Optimus technology).

The following 'Critical Error!' is displayed.

'The detected configuration does not match your current hardware. Please re-run the configuration tool.'

The problem is that the configuration tool only detects the Intel graphics. If you force the game to run on integrated graphics in the nVidia control panel, then it works, but with severely reduced performance.

I am now downloading the latest drivers which were released a couple of weeks ago to see if they help. EDIT: No effect.

Also, maybe editing GraphicsConfig.cfg in the game's directory will help. But I have tried editing the first line to 'NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M' and it doesn't help. Maybe it is to do with the three lines at the bottom.

5onic
11-04-2011, 09:48 AM
Try running the game under an admin account and disable UAC. UAC is always the problem to me when I game.

P.S updated list.

Ro9ge
11-04-2011, 09:59 AM
I've already tried that, and it doesn't work. Still can't get the configuration tool to run. I'll try borrowing the tool from a friend whose game works fine. That's the only option left that I can think of.

5onic
11-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Hmm what about verifying the game's files on steam?

Ro9ge
11-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Already done that. Here's a list of stuff somebody else has done. I've done everything but update the .net framework and re-installing steam.

I've tried everything I can think of. I've reinstalled the game, the .net framework both 3.5 and 4.0, restarted my computer, verified the integrity of the game cache multiple times, deleted the ConfigTool application and verified the integrity of the game cache, ran the ConfigTool in compatibility mode, regular mode AND Admin Mode straight from the program files folder, reinstalled steam, tried to run the game before running the ConfigTool and I got nothing.

kaimeldil
11-04-2011, 10:26 AM
Rooftop Run:
For some reason or another, right around the part where the spiked barrels start rolling down stairs, the game begins to stutter a whole lot, once at the top of the steps, around the large aerial platforming section, nothing loads visibly. I can still run along the invisible platforms, but everything save for enemies and stuff like springs, rings and ballons is invisible/doesn't load.

ChozoLore
11-04-2011, 10:26 AM
Its just flat out not working for me. My system more than meets the require but notta.

ChozoLore
11-04-2011, 10:38 AM
Already done that. Here's a list of stuff somebody else has done. I've done everything but update the .net framework and re-installing steam.

I've tried everything I can think of. I've reinstalled the game, the .net framework both 3.5 and 4.0, restarted my computer, verified the integrity of the game cache multiple times, deleted the ConfigTool application and verified the integrity of the game cache, ran the ConfigTool in compatibility mode, regular mode AND Admin Mode straight from the program files folder, reinstalled steam, tried to run the game before running the ConfigTool and I got nothing.

This is the same problem I'm having. And forget contacting Sega. That's a laugh. Steam tech support lacks real interface as well. Come on guys. I'm ready to play already.

Doctor_Hades
11-04-2011, 10:41 AM
I've already tried that, and it doesn't work. Still can't get the configuration tool to run. I'll try borrowing the tool from a friend whose game works fine. That's the only option left that I can think of.

I can't remember where I saw it, might have been on the official Sonic Generations forum, but I was Google-ing earlier on and I found a potential fix for the issue you describe. It claimed that the problem was caused by using a non-Xbox 360 controller and that the solution was to DISABLE the controller before loading the configuration tool and RE-ENABLE it once it is running. You can then set your settings and Save/Quit the tool. It was something like that anyway.

I'll see if I can find the link.

Ro9ge
11-04-2011, 10:46 AM
Yeah, I've already heard that also. Thing is, I don't have any controller. I tried disconnecting my mouse (the only thing attached to my computer) but that didn't have any effect.

I hope that doesn't mean I need to have an Xbox controller, no way am I buying one just for this.

Lodan
11-04-2011, 10:48 AM
>.> im wonder if sega will support this game with updates, i have the sonic adventure dx from sega dreamcast collect the game config is super bugged, the sonic all stars racing crashs all time in split screen races... etc etc etc i always brought the games i liked but i felt like everytime i support the sega games i got back-stabbed

Doctor_Hades
11-04-2011, 10:48 AM
I'm sorry that didn't help, Ro9ge. I can only imagine how frustrated you must be that you can't play the game you've just bought.

Doctor_Hades
11-04-2011, 10:50 AM
Is this any help: http://segmentnext.com/2011/11/04/sonic-generations-crashes-stuttering-fps-freezes-and-fixes/

5onic
11-04-2011, 10:56 AM
^Thanks for the link

ChozoLore
11-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Is this any help: http://segmentnext.com/2011/11/04/sonic-generations-crashes-stuttering-fps-freezes-and-fixes/

I just tried using a method from this site and my machine crashed.

ChozoLore
11-04-2011, 11:08 AM
Does anyone have a working Config tool that those of us having issues can try?

ChimneySwift11
11-04-2011, 11:57 AM
This thread needs to be a sticky on this forum...looks like a lot of people are having issues. Mine is when I start it up I get a black screen with "Critical Error" followed by:

"The detection configuration does not match your current hardware. Please re-run the configuration tool."

I have no clue what to do...I guess just wait for a patch?

ChozoLore
11-04-2011, 12:01 PM
I guess there is nothing left but to wait. I'm sure they'll fix it some way, some how. I'm sick of waiting around. I've been trying to get this to work since last night, and I can't fight with it anymore. I hope beyond hope they are reading all of our posts and seeing there is are major issues with this game.

5onic
11-04-2011, 01:15 PM
Bump, please don't create multiple threads, try to keep it minimum like posting your bug here.

Gouitsu
11-04-2011, 01:22 PM
So im getting a dropping FPS issue. So I start with the game running at a nice 60 fps but during a level runthrough my fps creeps down. By the end of the level my game is running at 9 - 11 fps. Ive tried Green Hill Act1 and 2, Chemical Plant A1 and A2 and Sky sanctuary Act1. Without fail on each of these levels by the time ive finished im running at 15 or low fps.

My specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.40GHZ
4GB Ram
Nvidia Geforce GTX 470
Windows 7 Ultimate
1 TB HDD

I should not be having fps problems with this game.
I ran BF3 smooth as butter last night on Ultra.

5onic
11-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Try running the game on low res/settings because even if you have the qualified hardware, the engine itself may be buggy.

MeoTis
11-04-2011, 02:05 PM
Also playing with a Power A Pro EX controller. Recognized and works most of the time, but occasionally the shoulder buttons freak out, i.e. quick stepping randomly and drift not working.

Same here. Drifting doesn't work at all :(
But I dont have any problems with freezes, controlling-issues or something else. Just can't drift...

Gouitsu
11-04-2011, 02:05 PM
So I halfed my resolution to 1280x720, turned all graphical settings off, shadows,vsync,AA and reflections. The drop didnt feel as bad as previous but by the end of the level I was still around 15 FPS.

t0mt0m666
11-04-2011, 02:35 PM
During act 2 on the sky sanctuary zone, the floor disappears halfway through and when i eventually fall, the entire game crashes, any way of fixing this?

Ged123
11-04-2011, 03:00 PM
I complete the first level with modern and classic but when i try and load my game it crashes.

Edit: Just tried new game, now it seems to crash every time i enter the level select area.

Leox001
11-04-2011, 03:20 PM
Gamepads slow down the game?

After reading that the config utility crashed if you had an USB gamepad plugged, I tried to run the game without any game device connected.
To my surprise I got a boost in performance around 10 fps more than I used to have.
I was surprised that the game recognized my USB gamepad and even implemented force feedback, but it seems it was too good to be true, non 360 gamepads slow down the game.

DaSpaidarPIG
11-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Need help, having the same issue, is there any way to edit the graphicsconfig by myself? (i know this can be done, but i don't know how)

MyMultipass
11-04-2011, 04:13 PM
For skill shop freezing, try the solution posted here:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2221224

Razeruk
11-04-2011, 04:17 PM
controls bug out like, while in 3d run i will sidestep left, messing up my speed runs

MyMultipass
11-04-2011, 04:29 PM
controls bug out like, while in 3d run i will sidestep left, messing up my speed runs

I've noticed this as well. Buttons trigger by themselves in game, and sometimes Sonic walks by himself. Though the last part may be a simple analog-stick deadzone issue. Buttons pressing by themselves is the bigger issue.

Mainly it's the L-trigger constantly activating by itself.
I have a Logitech Dual Action gamepad.

Sometimes game input stops working completely.

Another bug I have is that the configuration tool sometimes detects the wrong key being pressed. Like I want Jump to be a certain key, so I press it, but it then registers another key.

I don't think it's a controller issue because I use my controller for other games, and this never happened before.

5onic
11-04-2011, 06:06 PM
I notice the unresponsive controls too. Sometimes it feel like your keyboard key is stuck and can never be pulled back up. While that is happening, its spamming the key in game... but yeah the unresponsive controls happen in SG.

Also I notice... drifting doesn't work on the keyboard. And yes, I have a gaming keyboard. Does anyone else have this problem?
Source: http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?385489-Impossible-to-drift-on-PC-version-using-keyboard

P.S, this was before the patch. I will try to drift with the new patch soon.

EDIT: I'll allow like it if this gets sticty to lower all of the bug threads. I'll make an updated bug list soon. Still need to find solutions though.

MyEntirety
11-04-2011, 07:00 PM
I've got a weird one. In Classic City Escape, the cars that the GUN truck runs over when you're first chased by it don't animate. They just turn into the 'broken' models and stay there, clipping through the truck.

j00seif00d0
11-04-2011, 07:05 PM
Every once in a while, the game just freezes on one frame and my controller starts randomly rumbling nonstop until I start the game again. This happens the most on Planet Wist and Green Hill.

Cantisque
11-04-2011, 07:08 PM
If it's laggy controls you're getting, turn off vsync and try again.

j00seif00d0
11-04-2011, 07:13 PM
If it's laggy controls you're getting, turn off vsync and try again.

It's not lag, it's a complete freeze that forces me to restart the game.
And vsync is off.

KingKRool2002
11-04-2011, 07:19 PM
I have now done 6 stages & any stage that has a chase part in it (i.e. Truck in the Escape From The City level) doesn't have any of the actual ground and background terrain during these parts. All I see is the sky & enemies, there is no way to tell where the ground is, nor is there any way to know if I am walking into a bottomless pit (since there is no ground at all in these parts). This has happened on several stages & it always happens at the same part (even when replaying the same level again). It also sometimes occurs when I speed boost a lot, but this doesn't occur all the time. I didn't try the game with the new patch yet, so hopefully, it fixes this problem. I think that the problem may be caused by the game not loading certain parts of the level in-sync with each other, since standing still for a little while sometimes fixes this problem temporarily. Unfortuantely, it is basically impossible to just stand still for awhile during Chase parts. Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing this problem?

rsyasuda
11-04-2011, 08:24 PM
BUG: If I plug in my bluetooth headset, even if I configure it to use the system default audio, it only works the first time I open the game. Next time you open the game it'll go back to the speakers, even when the system default is the bluetooth headset.

A_Microwave
11-04-2011, 09:15 PM
The sound and voice over for the cutscenes is way out of sync for me.

5onic
11-04-2011, 09:39 PM
What FPS is your game running at microwave? Use a program like FRAPS.

EDIT: Updated list.

jack5mikemotown
11-04-2011, 09:45 PM
Maybe someone can confirm this but for me, getting the 7th S Rank doesn't get you the Blazing Meteor achievement but instead gives you the exact same notification as getting the 6th S rank. This also happens for all S ranks after 7.

ZackV93
11-04-2011, 09:56 PM
Another one for the config tool.

I have a Geforce 7800 GT, which has >= specs than the requirements according to what I've seen and no graphics options show up when I open the config, leading to an unplayable game. How unfortunate.

Slothsberry
11-04-2011, 10:00 PM
I can run the config fine, run the game fine, but as soon as i finish the second level, the game returns me to the overworld, my game crashes.

EDIT: I should also note that playing through the first two levels in a new game didn't have any effect.

FireflyPoi
11-04-2011, 10:14 PM
I can run the config fine, run the game fine, but as soon as i finish the second level, the game returns me to the overworld, my game crashes.

Same as above, crashes upon completing second level and getting your score, every time. Tried 3 times and getting the same crash every time.

Game IS running in admin mode etc, my pc is more than capable of playing the game, no other problems with the game whatsoever, just the random crash when returning to level select from completing Level 2.

Verified game cache etc, all files validated successfully, blah blah, random crash insert stereotypical complaint.

jack5mikemotown
11-04-2011, 10:37 PM
Maybe someone can confirm this but for me, getting the 7th S Rank doesn't get you the Blazing Meteor achievement but instead gives you the exact same notification as getting the 6th S rank. This also happens for all S ranks after 7.

I got the achievement after doing Speed Highway. I'm thinking maybe it shows the achivement when you get an S rank on a challenge but only counts it on one of the 9 main levels.

5onic
11-05-2011, 08:26 AM
bump5

GravenX
11-05-2011, 08:40 AM
Has anyone with the "no valid graphics configuration file" issue managed to fix it? I'm desperately looking at google, checking this and sega forums for a solution, but i can't find anything to fix it. Is there anyway to contact sega or something?

Apparently, in this case, it's just the configuration tool that does not operate properly.

xX760Xx
11-05-2011, 09:01 AM
Ugh I wanna play this game so bad, but the configuration tool won't recognize my NVIDIA, just my Integrated =/.

For those that want to know, I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M.

Cantisque
11-05-2011, 09:02 AM
Has anyone with the "no valid graphics configuration file" issue managed to fix it? I'm desperately looking at google, checking this and sega forums for a solution, but i can't find anything to fix it. Is there anyway to contact sega or something?

Apparently, in this case, it's just the configuration tool that does not operate properly.

I know someone with the issue. From what I can tell, it's just a configuration issue with the system. They have a 3rd party driver listed as their main display adapter which seems to throw the game off.
Check your device manager under control panel and make sure the correct video device is showing under display adapters.

KillerClownUK
11-05-2011, 09:09 AM
If you have a missing Hud change the video mode from Widescreen to Letter Box. It worked for me :D

Neoko
11-05-2011, 09:24 AM
My game keeps crashing half way through the Sky Sanctuary. Every time, tried restarting my PC but nothing seems to work.

ezodagrom
11-05-2011, 09:35 AM
A really minor bug that, if I'm not mistaken, appeared after the patch. The quick step sound effect isn't working.

How to fix: Enter classic Sonic City Escape Challenge 2, catch the lightning shield, double jump, exit the stage, now the quick step sound effect will work until you exit the game.

GravenX
11-05-2011, 09:35 AM
I know someone with the issue. From what I can tell, it's just a configuration issue with the system. They have a 3rd party driver listed as their main display adapter which seems to throw the game off.
Check your device manager under control panel and make sure the correct video device is showing under display adapters.

The only "device manager" option i can find is the one that is located, if you click the "My computer" with the right button>properties >Hardware>device manager. I went there and at the display adapters section, it's showing my Geforce GTX 460 which is my current VGA,there is nothing wrong as far as i can tell.

edit: Just checked on google, and found out you can get there by the control panel as well. Anyway, the issue still stands.

5onic
11-05-2011, 11:45 AM
Bump5

Pachi
11-05-2011, 12:04 PM
I'm not sure if this is a glitch or what, but in the Knuckles Race challenge in Green Hill Zone, I got to a part where Classic Sonic literally got stuck on a loop. I forgot to boost before the loop and he fell off before making the curve, but then he would immediately flip around in mid-air and start trying to climb it again, only to fall off again. And I couldn't jump away from it! The two animations of falling off the loop and jumping onto it were stuck together and the only thing I could do was restart the challenge. It was kind of funny, actually. So, just be careful if you approach a loop too slow - you could get stuck, haha.

Ghift
11-05-2011, 12:24 PM
Suffered from the Config crashing due to a USB PS2 controller adapter, took it out and the config didn't crash, however regardless of if I use the controller this happens without fail in the exact same spot.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ghift/screenshot/594701250450358183?tab=public

The second I try to go around that corner using the keyboard or my controller, it crashes with this error: http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab200/ghiftshop/songencrash.png

squidgy617
11-05-2011, 12:33 PM
Modern Seaside Hill's Rouge challenge freezes all the time. I literally cannot finish the mission. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Ghift
11-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Updated my graphic drivers, crashes as soon as I load the game now. :|

Pigueroto
11-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Modern Seaside Hill's Rouge challenge freezes all the time. I literally cannot finish the mission. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Same happening here, i got realy close to finishing it but crashed when i was climbing the last boxes to get the finish ring

Johnny Joestar
11-05-2011, 09:06 PM
My game crashes whenever I try to view my Chemical Plant Act 2 time on the leaderboards.

brian5470
11-05-2011, 09:58 PM
my system locks up always at the end of act 1 chemical plant 2d when it goes to score screen
it locks up and screen is all white and you can not use ctrl+alt+delete to get out. 1 have to reboot system. this is really a pain they better get some fix updates soon!

link123175
11-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Almost everything that causes a visual effext to play causes my game to slow down to about 1 fps...

This includes stuff like boosting as modern sonic, using springs,using dash panels, spindashing as classic sonic, hitting B to instantly return to the ground as modern sonic, etc

Also did I mention I can't even kill enemies without this fps drop happening? The strange thing is everything was just fine 2 days ago.

Nemesis82F
11-05-2011, 11:49 PM
specs:

990FXA-GD80
MSI 6970 Lightning (2) in crossfire
16GB DDR3 1333 Mhz
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
cooler master silent pro gold 1200W
WD Caviar black 7200RPM 1TB hd + 500GB hd

i bought this game off steam, just finished downloading. I see the steam overlay thing pop up, i hear a voice saying "sega" but all i see is a black screen. I can get in game but i don't know what i am selecting because there is no UI to navigate. I am going to try to update Visual C++ 05 and directX and keep you guys posted.

Nemesis82F
11-06-2011, 12:05 AM
specs:

990FXA-GD80
MSI 6970 Lightning (2) in crossfire
16GB DDR3 1333 Mhz
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
cooler master silent pro gold 1200W
WD Caviar black 7200RPM 1TB hd + 500GB hd

i bought this game off steam, just finished downloading. I see the steam overlay thing pop up, i hear a voice saying "sega" but all i see is a black screen. I can get in game but i don't know what i am selecting because there is no UI to navigate. I am going to try to update Visual C++ 05 and directX and keep you guys posted.

PLEASE ADD THIS FIX TO YOUR LIST FOR AMD USERS:

If you are experiencing the problem I described above, go into catalyst and change your Anti Aliasing options from 'Override Application settings' to 'Use Application settings'. Apparently this game doesn't like it when you are forcing AA. Now I can see the menu and was able to replicate the issue. and theres your fix.

rumsey
11-06-2011, 01:41 AM
I had the "missing/corrupted level names" bug after a random crash (first and only time it ever crashed). I fixed it by right-clicking on the game in the Steam library and going to

Properties->Local Files->Verify Integrity of Game Cache

This fixed the level names on the loading screen, but it also reset my config settings so be careful if you were having problems with the config also.

Divine Insect
11-06-2011, 01:24 AM
I have a problem with Classic Sonic in Green Hill. No matter how fast I run, I cannot clear the first loop in Green Hill. It's along the upper-most path, and you have to bounce off a couple robots to get up there. It's right after the old rotten bridge that collapses as you run across it. I can't ge through unless I spindash first. I always make it nearly to the top, and then lose my momentum all at once, falling straight back down. So far my best time on GHZ classic is 1:03.41, and the Greased Lightning achievement is soooo close. >_<

Critical Crow
11-06-2011, 01:48 AM
Just as of the last few hours I started having trouble with Sonic periodically or rapidly sidestepping to the left. Oddly enough it seems to happen MORE in sections where death is an incredible possibility.

I use a 3 in 1 Magic Joy Box and have no other difficulties (that couldn't be solved through extensive configuration). The phantom sidestep happens with both a PS2 and Gamecube controller. The glitch does not persist on keyboard controls. This makes it look like it might be a gamepad/adapter problem specifically but I haven't changed any settings since.

Oddly enough however I did try setting the priority of Generations to high in the Task Manager just before this started happening. The way I understood it was changing this didn't affect any instances other than the current one, so would I need to go and change that back even if it were the problem?

Update: reinstalling gamepad drivers not only fixed it but fixed some other oddities with the Gamecube controller in particular that make it completely playable now. Joy!

The only other problem I've really encountered was the modern Seaside Hill Rouge mission crash (or as I call it, "I'm too sexy for this game").

DragonKazooie89
11-06-2011, 04:54 AM

I'm having the same bug as well.

Lital
11-06-2011, 04:55 AM
Disable anti-aliasing in your video card control panel, CCC or whatever nVidia uses.

Maxtrix
11-06-2011, 07:20 AM
This is the same problem I'm having. And forget contacting Sega. That's a laugh. Steam tech support lacks real interface as well. Come on guys. I'm ready to play already.

Mee too im having the same problem here

link123175
11-06-2011, 08:51 AM
Almost everything that causes a visual effext to play causes my game to slow down to about 1 fps...

This includes stuff like boosting as modern sonic, using springs,using dash panels, spindashing as classic sonic, hitting B to instantly return to the ground as modern sonic, etc

Also did I mention I can't even kill enemies without this fps drop happening? The strange thing is everything was just fine 2 days ago.

Anyone else getting this problem? Just open the task manager, go to the sonic generations process, and set its priority to high.

Mischa_Silden
11-06-2011, 09:28 AM
My game keeps crashing at Seaside Hill - ACT 2 Challenge 1.
The crash usually occurs when Rose uses it "Heart Attack" and Sonic follows up with "Homing Attack".

Damn shame, that is the only challenge map I haven't finished :/

toastandjam
11-06-2011, 10:13 AM
http://forums.steamgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2224668

It didn't start out as a glitch thread, but the Shadow Battle is unbeatable for me. He flakes out and skates into a wall, flashing invincible. :o:o:o

nz17
11-06-2011, 10:17 AM
nVidia users:

I have discovered a fix for a certain crashing situation. Sonic Generations requires PhysX to be installed but only for nVidia users. Sadly the game assumes that anyone using nVidia has PhysX installed. Thus Sonic Generations had kept crashing every time I tried to play the game without it. (I typically leave PhysX uninstalled because it causes lag spikes for me in Source Engine-based games.)

If you have an nVidia graphics card but do not have PhysX installed, the game will crash - installing PhysX will likely solve the problem for you.

Why SEGA's developers didn't use a C++-style try-catch statement to handle this exception is beyond me (though I would wager it was due to insufficiently broad user testing). Thankfully this issue isn't a problem for Intel, ATI/AMD, and other graphics chipset users. I am flummoxed about why SEGA would not have just had the code first check for PhysX for everyone and then fall back to not using it instead of only allowing the "do not use" option for non-nVidia folks.

5onic
11-06-2011, 05:20 PM
bump~

this should be sticky'd =|

Elysios
11-06-2011, 05:33 PM
nVidia users:

I have discovered a fix for a certain crashing situation. Sonic Generations requires PhysX to be installed but only for nVidia users. Sadly the game assumes that anyone using nVidia has PhysX installed. Thus Sonic Generations had kept crashing every time I tried to play the game without it. (I typically leave PhysX uninstalled because it causes lag spikes for me in Source Engine-based games.)

If you have an nVidia graphics card but do not have PhysX installed, the game will crash - installing PhysX will likely solve the problem for you.

Why SEGA's developers didn't use a C++-style try-catch statement to handle this exception is beyond me (though I would wager it was due to insufficiently broad user testing). Thankfully this issue isn't a problem for Intel, ATI/AMD, and other graphics chipset users. I am flummoxed about why SEGA would not have just had the code first check for PhysX for everyone and then fall back to not using it instead of only allowing the "do not use" option for non-nVidia folks.

Is there an option to disable PhysX?.. in Mirror's Edge my game was having lag spikes all the time.. when I turned that off.. it went 60 fps smooth the entire game.

Here I have problems with some effect in Chemical that take my fps to 1.. and other zones that just take it from 60 steady to 20.. always the same spots. I can play Green Hill at 60 fps silky smooth.

Hope they fix this

iGamr
11-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Tally up another "the game keeps making Sonic randomly side-step left"... I'm actually REALLY glad I read through this forum, I was starting to think that my gamepad was busted, but it looks like I'm not the only one... Seriously, this needs to be fixed. While I COULD just unbind the gamepad keys in the config and then use the Logitche game profiler thing (I'm using a Logitech Dual Action), that would take out the analog. :|

SonicChrono
11-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Rouge Mission in Modern Seaside Hill. When I jump a few times near the shielded enemy after using her to charm it, the glitch froze the game, but the music is still playing.

nz17
11-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Tally up another "the game keeps making Sonic randomly side-step left"...

I had an issue similar to this. The solution was calibrating my gamepad in Windows XP's Settings -> Control Panel -> Game Controllers to fix the problem.

It seems Sonic Generations has a very small "dead zone" for game controllers so without calibrating your gamepads (and for me it is only for this game, mind) the direction would drift to the left causing Sonic to walk that way when I did not move the analog thumb stick.

Be grateful that it isn't like in the PC ports of Sonic Adventure DX and SEGA Genesis & Mega Drive Classics - no amount of calibrating would fix those ports' problem with left drifting! In DX it would cause the camera to spin in 3D as long as your character wasn't moving; in Classics you were always moving left!

iGamr
11-06-2011, 07:00 PM
I had an issue similar to this. The solution was calibrating my gamepad in Windows XP's Settings -> Control Panel -> Game Controllers to fix the problem.

It seems Sonic Generations has a very small "dead zone" for game controllers so without calibrating your gamepads (and for me it is only for this game, mind) the direction would drift to the left causing Sonic to walk that way when I did not move the analog thumb stick.

Be grateful that it isn't like in the PC ports of Sonic Adventure DX and SEGA Genesis & Mega Drive Classics - no amount of calibrating would fix those ports' problem with left drifting! In DX it would cause the camera to spin in 3D as long as your character wasn't moving; in Classics you were always moving left!

No, that's not the problem at ALL. The problem is that, sometimes, the game will act as if I am hitting the left shoulder button (or "Left Bumper" as the game calls it) and doing the quick-step move.

Covarr
11-06-2011, 07:32 PM
No, that's not the problem at ALL. The problem is that, sometimes, the game will act as if I am hitting the left shoulder button (or "Left Bumper" as the game calls it) and doing the quick-step move.
I have this problem too. Usually, it happens in the same part of a level every time, and I've solved it by leaving back to the hub entirely, and starting the level over. Obviously not a very graceful or long-term solution, but it's a workaround that I've had luck with.

This is such an oddly specific bug; I haven't heard of the game making people sidestep to the right, or randomly activating any other button or control.

5onic
11-11-2011, 03:23 PM
09:53Sonic Generations Update Released

Updates to Sonic Generations have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

- Fixed an issue where the Shop menu would become unresponsive at low frame rates.
- More accurate timing clock to 60Hz—may fix some issues with fluctuant frame rates.

Notes:
- Users of NVIDIA Optimus graphics cards may experience an issue where the Configuration Tool fails to detect the Optimus card. NVIDIA are working on fixing the problem, and will get an update out shortly, during the next driver release window.

- If you experience any other problems, please contact customersupportuk@sega.co.uk with details. To help us identify and fix the issue, please provide as much information as possible on your PC hardware, and the issue that you’re experiencing.

andysonic1
11-11-2011, 03:59 PM

- More accurate timing clock to 60Hz—may fix some issues with fluctuant frame rates.

I think I woke my roommate I just cheered so loud! If these work I am going to be one happy hedgehog.

jack5mikemotown
11-11-2011, 04:17 PM
Rouge Mission in Modern Seaside Hill. When I jump a few times near the shielded enemy after using her to charm it, the glitch froze the game, but the music is still playing.

I get this freeze too. Whenever I put the game on realtime in processes it didn't freeze so that may be a fix (it may have frozen once but it appears to work consitantly)

5onic
11-11-2011, 04:22 PM
I can confirm the drifting on keyboard is working :)

Leox001
11-11-2011, 04:33 PM
You should mark glitches that have been fixed, like the problem with Antialiasing reported here
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2224547

backfire21
11-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Still no word on online mode crashing though it seems. No luck after this patch. Even tried turning off every bit of firewall on this system, nothin. :(

Leox001
11-11-2011, 04:46 PM

Updates to Sonic Generations have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Notes:

didn't see this before, great! My framerate has improved a lot, specially on green hill where I now get constant 60fps

Spidery_Yoda
11-11-2011, 04:57 PM
Still no word on online mode crashing though it seems. No luck after this patch. Even tried turning off every bit of firewall on this system, nothin. :(

Same. I really hope they fix this issue, it's pretty widespread as far as I can tell.

Also, Chemical Plant (and only Chemical Plant) still suffers horible framerate drops in certain secions (always the same sections).

5onic
11-11-2011, 05:27 PM
You should mark glitches that have been fixed, like the problem with Antialiasing reported here
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2224547

Thanks.

Also I updated the OP and I plan emailing this thread to sega.

DustArma
11-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Thanks.

Remember to email it to Sega of Europe and not Sega of America/Japan, SoE are the ones in charge of the port and bug reports/feedback should be emailed to them.

5onic
11-11-2011, 05:37 PM
I sent it to the email provided on the patch notes.

Leox001
11-11-2011, 05:47 PM
Something I think it's not in the buglist is that even though Online mode works for me, 30 second trial does not. It gets stuck in "Getting Data"

5onic
11-11-2011, 06:18 PM
^Actually it works, but takes around 3 or more minutes to complete. I should add that to the bug list.

Leox001
11-11-2011, 06:54 PM
^
I tried waiting and it worked, it's a fun mode, though the wait is that long every time you want to load a level.

Milkomeda
11-11-2011, 08:25 PM

Oh really Sega?

- USA flag is now correctly displayed

O Rly?

correctly

R u sure Sega?

EDIT: I kind of expected Sega to screw up this patch I know they can't get anything right with ports I mean just take a look at Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst :D

OreoTheWolf
11-11-2011, 08:40 PM

Yeah, same. They should probably make sure online mode works before fixing something like "USA flags".

5onic
11-12-2011, 07:56 AM
^
I tried waiting and it worked, it's a fun mode, though the wait is that long every time you want to load a level.

Yeah it's a great mode, personally I love it because since you only have 30 seconds, you can completely change your speed run path. For example, Staying on higher grounds is usually faster to make it to the exit. But what if going lower made you go further? Just not to the exit faster. Can change the speed run paths around for 30 seconds trials. Too bad no rankings for it.

Actorius
11-12-2011, 09:06 AM

I had the same problem, I got it to work by turning AA back to Application Managed in my AMD vision control settings.. now to get the controller working...

GravenX
11-12-2011, 01:46 PM
It may be a little late for that but, for those with the configuration tool issue, that gives error and leads to the "no valid graphics configuration", try downloading the ".Net Framework 3.5" after i did that, never had problems with the configuration tool again.

nz17
11-12-2011, 02:24 PM
I found out that only the "meta" part of the game uses PhysX on computers with nVidia graphics cards. What I mean is that the Windows version of Sonic Generations generates an unique ID for each computer it runs on to differentiate the configuration files. I am guessing that it uses the version numbers of your drivers including PhysX if you have it to make the ID. This is because after that first successful run of the game, removing PhysX won't cause Sonic Generations to crash anymore!

I know it is a bit odd, but there you go.

AwayToHit
11-13-2011, 12:01 AM
Online mode still crashes D:

McDaniel-77
11-13-2011, 08:19 AM
Hello here,

I have issues with the framerate and it has nothing to do with the PC performance (8 GB RAM, Win7 64-Bit, Phenom II X4, GTX 560 Ti).

When I play Sonic Generations it runs almost good at constant 60 fps (it's locked, the fps won't go higher) in Green Hill but it struggles horrible in Chemical Plant at some points, worst during the waterpipe scene (from constant 60 fps to 10-20 fps out of nowhere). But even when FRAPS shows me 60 fps, it never looks smooth!

The issue is, that my PC has more than enough power, to run Sonic with 300 fps, because it's a PS360 game port. When I'm monitoring my GPU with MSI Afterburner (GTX 560 Ti) and my CPU with Task-Manager (Phenom II X4 3,2 GHz), then I got 10-20% CPU-Usage and 10-30% GPU-Usage during Sonic Generations.

Check the screenshot here: CPU- & GPU-Usage during Sonic Generations PC (http://www.bestgamesshop.de/images/stories/sonic_generations_pc_cpu_gpu_usage.jpg)

The problem seems to be the poor programming of the game, it isn't a PC game, it's a poor PS360 port, and SEGA fooled us!

Best regards!

McDaniel-77

pepodmc
11-13-2011, 08:23 AM
Hello here,

I have issues with the framerate and it has nothing to do with the PC performance (8 GB RAM, Win7 64-Bit, Phenom II X4, GTX 560 Ti).

When I play Sonic Generations it runs almost good at constant 60 fps (it's locked, the fps won't go higher) in Green Hill but it struggles horrible in Chemical Plant at some points, worst during the waterpipe scene (from constant 60 fps to 10-20 fps out of nowhere). But even when FRAPS shows me 60 fps, it never looks smooth!

The issue is, that my PC has more than enough power, to run Sonic with 300 fps, because it's a PS360 game port. When I'm monitoring my GPU with MSI Afterburner (GTX 560 Ti) and my CPU with Task-Manager (Phenom II X4 3,2 GHz), then I got 10-20% CPU-Usage and 10-30% GPU-Usage during Sonic Generations.

Check the screenshot here: CPU- & GPU-Usage during Sonic Generations PC (http://www.bestgamesshop.de/images/stories/sonic_generations_pc_cpu_gpu_usage.jpg)

The problem seems to be the poor programming of the game, it isn't a PC game, it's a poor PS360 port, and SEGA fooled us!

Best regards!

McDaniel-77

Sonic generations isn´t a bad port, it has 60 fps and better graphics,the problem it´s only the optimization of some stages of the game

5onic
11-13-2011, 08:28 PM
MAJOR FIX!

If online mode crashes for you, make sure you have less than 100 friends on steam. This will fix the problem, if you have more than 100, it will crash.

Thanks to PGuybrush (threepwood?) @ http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2229502

Leox001
11-13-2011, 08:51 PM
Playing today I have found very few slowdowns. Compared to day-one this is running very well right now, first graphical patch gave me a fps boost and it seems they are still optimizing the game since I can play levels that before stuttered like crazy very well now (Rooftop Run). There are some hiccups but it's getting great.

I found a series of bugs in chemical plant, at some point the level stops 'loading' and the level becomes invisible (you can see the skybox though)

Keirnoth
11-13-2011, 11:46 PM
Thanks.

What do you use as the support e-mail address? I can't find anything useful except for their automated "help" system. Somehow us users communicated these issues to them, so I'm hoping there's an easy to contact support alternative that gives them the heads up on the technical issues that we're experiencing on this game.

The two patches solved most of my issues, though.

mattwo
11-14-2011, 01:15 AM
Genesis controller is missing and "SEGA Genesis and Megadrive Classics" won't install properly.

This is a known bug that steam seems to be ignoring.

Gvyse
11-14-2011, 03:35 PM
The game failing for me when i go in the level room....
why do keep buying sega games on the pc.....

rumsey
11-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Genesis controller is missing and "SEGA Genesis and Megadrive Classics" won't install properly.

This is a known bug that steam seems to be ignoring.

I'm not sure it's a bug as much as an intentional omission.

headcase88
11-14-2011, 05:25 PM
Glitches I've got:
1. After getting 100%, it gives the achievement, returns to the hub, I run around as Classic Sonic for 5 seconds, then it says the program terminated the runtime in an unusual way. Now every time I select "continue game", sonic does his leap, see the loading screen for a second, then get the same runtime error again. Don't want to delete my game right after getting 100% :(
2. Random CTDs before that, roughly once an hour at random.
3. Sometimes, especially likely to happen at the end of the skateboarding section of City Escape Act 2 (like a third of the time), Modern Sonic wants to roll to the left about 15 times before going to neutral again.
4. On rare, random occasions, especially when returning to the hub, Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic's neutral position will seem to change, so he'll always want to move to the left. Pulling out the controller for a second seems to help.
5. In City Escape Act 2, the first time I played it, all of the non-sprite textures were missing for the stair climb with the enemies on the side, so I could only see the enemies, Sonic, and backdrop. That's only happened once.

Edit: I will try joypad calibration... after I hopefully get the game going again.

Edit 2: After reboot, no more unusual runtime errors at game start. Yay! I also did the the controller calibration but got the left rolls (#3) again.

Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS (up to date drivers)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz
Windows 7 Home 64-bit
2GB DDR 2 RAM
Logitech Gamepad (dual analog)

Owinage
11-15-2011, 08:40 AM
Most game pad controllers for the PC are bugged to have sonic constantly side step, submitted by Valet2,

Logitech Wireless Rumble2 - same issues. First time regonised @ Seasidehill

DustArma
11-15-2011, 08:41 AM
Logitech Wireless Rumble2 - same issues. First time regonised @ Seasidehill

A workaround that worked for me was to load any classic level then exit and go back to the modern level.

Internetakias
11-15-2011, 09:11 AM
The config tool doesn't save my control mapping changes!

Shapa
11-15-2011, 01:33 PM
I have the "foreground" disappearing, only the background is left, then I die, then the game stay stuck on the loading screen. I go to check the game data and Steam downloads again 2.3 GB, sweet...

I have update all drivers.

Gtx 570, 12GB Ram, i5 2500K.

duchessp
11-16-2011, 02:18 AM
[QUOTE=5onic;26310459]09:53Sonic Generations Update Released
Notes:

Greetings, how often are drive release windows? Just wondering if it's a scheduled thing or whenever they have something new to add.
Thanks, I've been having this issue too, hoping for a fix soon. :)

Yamato1
11-16-2011, 02:39 AM
Seaside Rouge mission level crash for me. Game freezes, have to go through Task Manager to return to desktop. Glad to see the skill shop is working though, that was my only other complaint. Otherwise the game runs pretty damn well.

5onic
11-17-2011, 07:53 AM
That email I sent to sega before, I finally got a response.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting SEGA Support.

Your comments are very much appreciated by SEGA and have been passed on to the relevant department.

If I can be of any further help, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Sylvain.

Cyperline
11-17-2011, 01:49 PM
Every time I start Sonic Generations I get the ♥♥♥♥ configurationmenue. I want only to start the game immediately.

Cyperline
11-17-2011, 01:58 PM
[Bug]
I play as modern Sonic Speed Highway. If I break the widow in the building I fly left into the ground. Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc8BT5uhDVk) is the point in a video from DarkspinesSonic. The point is at 0:35.

Xzyx987X
11-17-2011, 02:40 PM
I've been experiencing a weird game hanging issue. Sometimes, when I activate boost as modern Sonic, the game will just freeze. I think the issue is force feedback related, because even after I force the game to close, my controller is stuck rumbling on what seems like the max setting. Starting the game again makes it stop rumbling though.

Here are my specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Radeon HD 5850 on Catalyst 11.10
Super Joy Box 3 PS2 to PC adaptor

Milkomeda
11-17-2011, 03:12 PM
That email I sent to sega before, I finally got a response.

Dear Customer,

Your comments are very much appreciated by SEGA and have been passed on to the relevant department.

If I can be of any further help, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Sylvain.

You know when you get that type of message they are always meant to say this. Trust me anyone in business can tell you this :)

Dear Customer,

Your comments have been discarded by SEGA and as such been deleted.

Unless it's something I can personally help you with do not contact us in the future.

Kind regards,

Sylvain.

Skull13
11-18-2011, 07:40 AM
Well, I've had my share of problems, as well...

Sonic does sidestep to the left a lot, and I'm not pressing the LB button. This only seems to happen in missions, though. Is it really a controller problem? Wow.

Also, the Rouge mission in Seaside Hill causes the game to crash.

I'm sure there'll be patches and updates to fix these problems in the future. I just hope I'm notified when they are.

Louie82Y
11-18-2011, 08:07 AM
I e-mailed Sega a week ago about the Chemical plant frame rate drops. Finally got my response:

Dear Customer,

We sincerely appreciate your comments here at SEGA and have passed them on to the developers.

We will be in contact would we need further information.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Kind regards,

Alex.

mattwo
11-18-2011, 04:17 PM
[Bug]
I play as modern Sonic Speed Highway. If I break the widow in the building I fly left into the ground. Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc8BT5uhDVk) is the point in a video from DarkspinesSonic. The point is at 0:35.

I saw no such bug in that video at the time mentioned.

Every time I start Sonic Generations I get the ♥♥♥♥ configurationmenue. I want only to start the game immediately.

Pretty sure it lets you choose which one when you start it...I think you don't get that choice after you just install it but after the first run you do.

Leox001
11-18-2011, 06:32 PM

if the configuration menu crashes on exit the game thinks you never ran it. If it's crashing it's probably because you have an USB gamepad connected (DirectInput), unplug it and exit the config tool, it shouldn't crash. The game won't show you the config menu anymore.

JereTHEend
11-19-2011, 05:00 AM
Confirming from the list all that occured to me. FYI: completed the game 100%, play time is 30+ hours, I play the game on intel Quad Core build with AMD HD 4870 card. I use 1280x720p to keep framerate in 40-60 zone with antialising enabled.

Oh btw, Thanks for your damn bug. You say I need to just dump 121 friends from my steam list to just participate in online mode what SHOULD WORK ANYWAY? - Dota 2 does not crash, or any other of my other 200 steam games. As far as some people are concerned, this STILL needs to be fixed, sorry, but it does.

After update: Missing Combo meter and "Endless Fall" danger sings. Nothing else seems to be missing.

FPS Drop in chemical plant and one other level notably, forgot wich one, Repeatable for certain key parts (The water tube in Chemical Act 2 is one for sure)

Controls DO become unresponsive many times - Seems to be random, annoys the living hell out of me though.

Most game pad controllers for the PC are bugged - confirmed, I tested my Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 - It basically is pressing "right trigger" continuously, like in video, linked to movement controls, both stick and Dpad. Should try my PS2 => USB convertor pad as well.

Camera Glitch has happened to me very little, basically only part it has repeatedly happened is speed highway's highway parts where you are supposed to run. Basically the camera is facing sonic from front and zoomed close so you have no idea where you are going - kills you easily, after it happens you cannot undo it by stopping.

Additional Stuff not listed:

Freezing: Occasionally can freeze frame for a moment. Probably after a long while - over 30mins of play. Can happen in cutscenes desyncing sound and animation.

Random Crash change while loading same level over and over. Basically "try over" a level enough and you are into a crash without error message. Happened me to about 20 times total. This also should not happen as player are naturally inclined to do this with certain challenges. Last time for me was getting green hill zone through under 60 seconds. I crashed my game twice in 6 minutes.

Glitched part: In speed highway act 2, after the boosted run UP from wall where sonic does a flip and there is three monkey cop enemies, the game locks you into backward movement, meaning unlocked homing attacks or boosts make you go BACK and normally kill you, instead you going FORWARD like that damn stick you are keeping pressed to. Basically you create BS filter for this after 26 deaths to same part and just learn to kill the enemies, land on ground and take the first 8 wobbly steps forward before boosting forward.

My base line:
This has been one of best games I played this year, but one of WORST PC ports in 5 years, and as much as I like to thank sega for this PC release, I also want them to be ashamed of the bad quality of this PC program, not only that but you are releasing Phantasy Star online 2 as PC exclusive, and quality of THIS PC program only makes me nervous to get into that game now.

5onic
11-19-2011, 08:56 AM
Did you really just compare Dota 2 to a console port?

You can only have 100 friends on xbox, therefore they didn't fix this towards the PC releases knowing that steam can have about 250. It crashes when it has more than 100.

GlenboLake
11-19-2011, 10:34 AM
New bug: Wireless Xbox 360 Controllers (Microsoft-brand, packaged with the receiver) don't show up as an option in the configuration tool.

I made a thread (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2239809) about this problem too.

The Blue Blur
11-19-2011, 05:54 PM
The game runs smoothly but i can't get to join the rankings just never ever (I got to join 'em before but now they always crash)
also a random crash on rouges' seaside hill mission.
With these two crashes i dunno if im gonna be able to finish the game 100%.

Everything else works perfectly fine though.

Internetakias
11-19-2011, 08:56 PM
The game runs smoothly but i can't get to join the rankings just never ever (I got to join 'em before but now they always crash)
also a random crash on rouges' seaside hill mission.
With these two crashes i dunno if im gonna be able to finish the game 100%.

Everything else works perfectly fine though.
Do you have more than 100 friends?

JereTHEend
11-20-2011, 01:33 AM
Did you really just compare Dota 2 to a console port?

You can only have 100 friends on xbox, therefore they didn't fix this towards the PC releases knowing that steam can have about 250. It crashes when it has more than 100.

I said ANY of my 220 games that happens to be a steamworks multiplayer game. NOTHING crashes my multiplayer just because of friends list. You know what we call that "because Xbox had 100 friend limit" thing? A bug left by bad PC porting that should be fixed. I have stated that I will not remove 121 friends to just see does a secondary online mode work in already really dodgy PC port, as I listed and confirmed a pile of bugs already.

No "Have under 100 friends, that is the xbox limit" is NOT A DAMN FIX. If they wanted to go with xbox limits make a GFWL game then. They did it in steamworks, so it should NOT crash from steamworks related stuff, and in steamworks, the friend limit is 250

Internetakias
11-20-2011, 11:44 AM
I said ANY of my 220 games that happens to be a steamworks multiplayer game. NOTHING crashes my multiplayer just because of friends list. You know what we call that "because Xbox had 100 friend limit" thing? A bug left by bad PC porting that should be fixed. I have stated that I will not remove 121 friends to just see does a secondary online mode work in already really dodgy PC port, as I listed and confirmed a pile of bugs already.

No "Have under 100 friends, that is the xbox limit" is NOT A DAMN FIX. If they wanted to go with xbox limits make a GFWL game then. They did it in steamworks, so it should NOT crash from steamworks related stuff, and in steamworks, the friend limit is 250
Geez, just email SEGA UK.

JereTHEend
11-20-2011, 12:49 PM
Geez, just email SEGA UK.

I did.
Want the TL;DR answer?

"We have better ♥♥♥♥ to do than forward this information so we claim you need to update your machine and link to directX that is most up to date thanks to steam, net framework that is most up to date with steam, and AMD graphic drivers - also most up to date thanks to steam once more" - it was basically email saying they could not give two ♥♥♥♥s of bug reports and claim I need to fix my ♥♥♥♥ like any bad customer rep where they clearly do not know that the customer is more top of his stuff than the rep at other side.

Seriously, they know this problem but can't seem to just push a update or just generally know how to reprogram the limit.

5onic
11-20-2011, 01:38 PM

No you said Dota 2 or any other 220 games. Also why are you speaking the obvious saying its a bug, especially in this thread that everyone acknowledges it as a bug. Third, sega please don't listen to this guy on making a GFWL game thanks. Forth, they didn't construct for the PC. It started off for the console then port forwarded. Fifth, I simply provided a temporary solution/fix, no one is forcing you to do it. And finally, take a chill pill.

Internetakias
11-20-2011, 02:23 PM
While I was playing Crisis City ACT 2, Sonic suddenly got stuck and the screen started to flicker. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ydeh37oAqoU

pepodmc
11-21-2011, 07:01 AM
bump !!

Winijaw82
11-21-2011, 04:11 PM
For people that want to fix the sonic sliding left bug with certain 3rd party usb controllers. Just download JoyToKey and bind the default keyboard controls to your controller buttons.

Delete the PlayerInput.cfg file in the Documents\My Games\Sonic Generations\Saved Games folder afterwords. Just to ensure controls are set to default and to avoid any conflicts.

Game controls fine for me now with my cheap a** controller.

rockguy32
11-22-2011, 09:16 AM
So far the only problems I'm having is the audio in the cut-scenes are out of sync with the video and the controls go unresponsive randomly and Sonic starts glitching to the left/right usually killing me. It's rather frustrating. As long as there's a timely patch out to fix this soon, then this is the best game Sega has made since Sonic 3K, and should be a candidate for Game of the Year.

For people that want to fix the sonic sliding left bug with certain 3rd party usb controllers. Just download JoyToKey and bind the default keyboard controls to your controller buttons.

Delete the PlayerInput.cfg file in the Documents\My Games\Sonic Generations\Saved Games folder afterwords. Just to ensure controls are set to default and to avoid any conflicts.

Game controls fine for me now with my cheap a** controller.
This isn't a valid solution because you loose the analog control you get with the joysticks on a controller so it defeats the whole purpose of using a controller in the first place over a keyboard.

pepodmc
11-23-2011, 12:44 PM
bump!!

ezodagrom
11-23-2011, 12:59 PM
Checked the Steam registry, there's a new version being tested, I guess we can expect a patch in a few days or so.

pepodmc
11-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Checked the Steam registry, there's a new version being tested, I guess we can expect a patch in a few days or so.

GREAT!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

pepodmc
11-23-2011, 04:03 PM
BUMP :)

Spidery_Yoda
11-23-2011, 05:07 PM

Nice. I didn't even realise you could get that information about incoming updates from the Steam registry.

ezodagrom
11-23-2011, 05:31 PM
Nice. I didn't even realise you could get that information about incoming updates from the Steam registry.
Yeah, I also didn't knew about that, and noticed it shortly before the latest patch.
Right now in the tool that is used to check the steam registry, in the applications tab going to 71341 (Sonic Generations Main) there's a part that says:
Current Version ID: 3
Beta Version ID: 4

A few days ago the beta version ID had the -1 value. :P

Leox001
11-23-2011, 07:08 PM

♥♥♥♥ yeah

pepodmc
11-23-2011, 08:05 PM
Yeah, I also didn't knew about that, and noticed it shortly before the latest patch.
Right now in the tool that is used to check the steam registry, in the applications tab going to 71341 (Sonic Generations Main) there's a part that says:
Current Version ID: 3
Beta Version ID: 4

A few days ago the beta version ID had the -1 value. :P

Cool !!!
Waiting the possible future patch :D

supersonic213
11-24-2011, 01:41 AM
Can't time attack rooftop run act 2 in online mode- CTD as soon as I hover over the stage.. When I play it in "adventure" mode (which thankfully works), the stage loads with some crazy white triangles instead of the actual stage name. Obviously something is screwed up for this specific map. Would prefer not to re-install so we'll see if an update helps. Verifying integrity didnt help either.

Normally run this great with a few odd hitches and CTDs every now and then but nothing serious. I think it's a great port, actually. Just a little buggy :(

EDIT: Scratch part of this. All of the stage names are now replaced by funny symbols in the ACT loading screen. Looks bizarre. I'm sure this and my time attack bug are related.

Spidery_Yoda
11-24-2011, 01:48 AM
All my text has done that before, and stayed like that. Then randomly it's gone back to being normal again. I've generally had no other issues (aside from when I used to have more than 100 friends so online mode didnt work) so I don't think the text is related to your rooftop run problem.

supersonic213
11-24-2011, 01:50 AM
I thought it was odd that I noticed both at the nearly same time o_O

Well thanks for the input. If the update doesn't fix it I'll have to try a re-install.

5onic
11-25-2011, 10:30 AM
NEW PATCH IS OUT

Chibs
11-25-2011, 10:36 AM
100+ Friend bug still there.

ezodagrom
11-25-2011, 10:52 AM
Seaside Hill Rouge mission still freezes, there's still framerate drops in Chemical Plant, there's still random stuttering occasionally.
It seemed that the controls responded better than before when the stuttering happened, but I still need to do more testing, it might have been just a fluke.

Covarr
11-25-2011, 08:53 PM
I'm hoping they fixed the quickstep bug. That was getting really annoying.

ezodagrom
11-25-2011, 09:08 PM
I don't have any gamepad that has the quickstep issue, so I have no idea if it was fixed or not.

Anyway, even though the 3rd patch (ID version 4) was released today, according to the steam registry a 4th patch (ID version 5) is already being tested.

Milkomeda
11-25-2011, 09:11 PM
I don't have any gamepad that has the quickstep issue, so I have no idea if it was fixed or not.

Anyway, even though the patch number 4 was released today, according to the steam registry the patch number 5 is already being tested.

I'm not holding my breath. To be honest I don't think we will even get a fix for the Chemical Plan Zone and Seaside Hill Zone slowdown they would probably have to recode how the game loads the levels loading everything at once into your video cards ram upon loading the stage instead of as you go like it currently is.

DragonKazooie89
11-29-2011, 12:47 PM
The game will randomly minimize to my tray during gameplay while playing acts and missions on Seaside Hill.

Nevellin
11-30-2011, 08:04 AM
I finished downloading this game now, but I got stuck in the first Loading Screen. Omochao keeps saying bull♥♥♥♥ and the music keeps playing, but NOTHING more happens, doesnt matter how much time I wait.
How do I solve this problem? =\
Thanks in advance

mmbishop99
12-03-2011, 04:26 PM
:eek:i have a toshiba Satellite C655D
AMD 6300 radeon HD 3 GB RAM
and i can only get 20 fps with nothing open.
Help?

ezodagrom
12-03-2011, 04:54 PM
:eek:i have a toshiba Satellite C655D
AMD 6300 radeon HD 3 GB RAM
and i can only get 20 fps with nothing open.
Help?
It's this one, right?
http://us.toshiba.com/computers/laptops/satellite/C650/C655D-S5139/

If it is, that laptop is far too weak for Generations, its processor and graphics were designed for netbooks, even though it's a 15.6" laptop.

Grgolj
12-03-2011, 09:40 PM
What's the deal with the game crashing whenever I try to play online ranked? And 30 second tril (or whatever it's called) can't even load for me, it just keeps going and going... Is that caused by the so called 100+ friends bug?

iGamr
12-04-2011, 05:12 PM
Bump.

Irockz
12-07-2011, 01:11 PM
It crashed literally right before it gave me the achievement for completing it.

Heartwood256
12-09-2011, 10:51 AM
Time trial records don't show up on my screen.

It used to be that only the time trial records didn't show up after I set them, but suddenly my 30 second trial records aren't showing either! How am I supposed to know if I beat my friends or not or ever done that level so I can do them all for the achievement?

Anyone know any fixes?

PS. Sega PLEASE fix the rolling!

PPS. Also if you ♥♥♥♥ around enough in chemical plant act 1 (Spindashing, trying to get on top of loops) you eventually fall through the floor and die.

Grgolj
12-22-2011, 04:35 PM
So, reducing my friend list below 100 fixed the time attack but I still can't play 30 second mode

iGamr
12-22-2011, 08:38 PM
...So are we going to get a patch soon or what?

ezodagrom
12-22-2011, 10:57 PM
...So are we going to get a patch soon or what?
Who knows...
In the Steam registry it says that the game is currently in version 4 and there's a version 6 in beta (it was listed like this a few weeks ago, since then there have been no changes).

No idea when they will patch the game, but if I were to guess it's possible that we could see a patch next monday, which is when they're going to release the Casino Night pinball mini-game DLC.

It's also possible that SEGA could leave the game as it is and not release anymore patches too (like what they did with Sonic Adventure DX and the other Dreamcast Collection games on Steam).

FedoraMcQuaid
12-26-2011, 10:07 PM
So I finished the opening level, then the cutscenes, then the overworld area, and the second level. At the end of the second level the game crashed. Everytime I try to continue the game with my USB gamepad connected, it crashes. When I disconnected it and continuted I was back at the overworld area again. Then tried gamepad again and crash again.

I suppose the solution is to not play with the gamepad but I don't like pure keyboard control much.

Gamepad is a Gamestop brand 360 wired controller model BB-070

crash report: http://pastebin.com/FhSNaCNq
dxdiag: http://pastebin.com/xyzhsjBd

DFStormbringer
12-26-2011, 10:16 PM
dont know if anyone still looks this over or updates this but just got it for the christmas 10$ sale.. and im at an infinate loading screen trying to load area 3 part 2.

trying every option so far in the config menu hasent helped any

gutsack
12-27-2011, 02:12 AM
Running XP 32 bit, can run the configuration tool but when i try to play the game it's just a black screen for like 2 seconds then it crashes and i get the generic windows crash report prompt asking if i want to send an error report. hellllp

rsanchez1
12-27-2011, 08:00 PM
Has Casino Night Pinball been released yet? It doesn't show up for me in search.

liukangx
12-27-2011, 09:38 PM
crashes everytime after a cut scene beating a level

RunawayHawk
12-28-2011, 02:24 AM
There's been some points in the game where I would lose audio during a cut scene.

IceSage
12-28-2011, 02:45 AM
I keep getting this issue where halfway though Seaside Hill - Act 2 (Modern) ... Sonic decides to constantly slide and cartwheel to the left, non-stop.

It makes the entire rest of the level virtually unplayable. No other zone has this issue. (At least, so far. I haven't finished the entire game yet.) I honestly dread playing this level as it happens during normal play, and the challenge modes.

I've find a lot of minor bugs in this game too, but this is the only one that bothers me.

Kyck
12-28-2011, 04:25 AM
Online mode crash for me randomly when requestind data, even with no firewall, less than 100 friends or offline with the last patch.

gredgie
12-28-2011, 04:30 AM
Anyone else getting to the "lobby" area after the intro Green Hill stage/cut-scene and then just watching the game crash?

I even tried turning some graphic settings down and such to no avail. As soon as it stops loading after the cut-scene, it dies.

KarstenS
12-28-2011, 05:18 AM
The german translation of the config tool is [klick for pic] (http://smiliestation.de/smileys/Kotzen/32.gif)

I hope they will get corrected in future.

Brunaai
12-28-2011, 08:59 AM
im getting a crash whenever i try to fight Metal Sonic

Brunaai
12-28-2011, 09:01 AM
I keep getting this issue where halfway though Seaside Hill - Act 2 (Modern) ... Sonic decides to constantly slide and cartwheel to the left, non-stop.

It makes the entire rest of the level virtually unplayable. No other zone has this issue. (At least, so far. I haven't finished the entire game yet.) I honestly dread playing this level as it happens during normal play, and the challenge modes.

I've find a lot of minor bugs in this game too, but this is the only one that bothers me.

are far as i can tell the games suffers from "Sticky Keys" from time to time. try mashing that key for those actions when it occures

Ebithio
12-28-2011, 09:17 AM
I didn't know this topic was here.

I get the left cartwheel bug a lot too. Only left. Mashing seems to do nothing, I just have to hold it.

Since it seems common, I guess we have to wait on Sega for a fix rather than do it ourselves.

ezodagrom
12-28-2011, 09:25 AM
About the automatic side-stepping to the left, looks like it only happens to those who use DirectInput gamepads.
Looks like using the XBox 360 controller emulator fixes that, I don't know how to use it though, since I only have a XInput controller.
http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/downloads/list

Ebithio
12-28-2011, 09:51 AM
The above seems to throw up errors all the time for me

ezodagrom
12-28-2011, 09:54 AM
I guess you'll have to wait for someone else to explain how to use it, there are users who got it to work and it fixed the sidestepping issue. :\

DustArma
12-28-2011, 11:23 AM
Sure, I'll explain it.

1) Download xbox360ce and make sure it's the latest version (should be 2.0.2.152 beta 2 or later)

2) Extract the files into the Sonic Generations folder on steamapps/common, the files should be in the same folder as the SonicGenerations.exe file is.

3) Open xbox360ce.exe and it should ask you to generate some files depending on what you are missing, either xbox360ce.ini or xinput1_3.dll or both, click yes or accept.

4) Now you'll see a window with a Xbox 360 controller and the buttons listed on each side and the bottom, each one has a drop down menu, you open the drop down menu, click on record and then press the button on your gamepad you want to map it to, repeat until you have all 12 buttons (or 10+ 2 triggers), both sticks and the DPad mapped.

5) Go to the Options tab and change InputHook to Compatibility, then enable all of the dlls on the Installed Files section.

6) Go back to the Controller 1 tab and make sure all of your mappings are working, the corresponding button should light up on the 360 controller image, do any corrections if needed.

7) Click Save then exit xbox360ce, then open the Configuration Tool, go to the Input Configuration tab and switch the controller to Keyboard.

8) Launch the game and you should hear a Windows alert sound as soon as it launches (right before the Sega logo appears)

And done, now just press the button you mapped to Start and enjoy the game :)

Ebithio
12-28-2011, 12:20 PM
I followed exactly, but when I load up the .exe, I get an error.

"Unrecognized configuration section systen.serviceModel.
(C:\\WINDOWS\MICROSOFT.NET\Framework\v2.050727\Con fig\machine. config line 134)"

I can continue, but there is no record button in the dropdown.

S o X l
12-28-2011, 03:55 PM
On speed highway after you run down the building when being chased bu robot cops, when you take the shortcut, when playing as super sonic you constantly fly around in a loop(Only when boost flying though).

Lucky_Charms
12-28-2011, 05:29 PM
Crashes to the desktop when in the "Hill Zone" doppleganger race. I can play it for so long, like restarting to get the S rank. but then suddenly crashes back to desktop. Running gtx 560 with 8gb of ram and an i5 2500k.

Run all my other games fine. Skyrim etc,

Patch down the line any time soon. Or should I speak to steam for a refund and they can take my pc copy back and ill get it on xbox or ps3 :confused:

xavis
12-28-2011, 10:04 PM
idk if it was said before, but i cant pass the perfect chaos fight cause im always glitching through the stage or getting stuck in stage objects getting stuck, cant move and drowning. seriously wtf?

ItzzNinja
12-28-2011, 11:04 PM
idk if it was said before, but i cant pass the perfect chaos fight cause im always glitching through the stage or getting stuck in stage objects getting stuck, cant move and drowning. seriously wtf?

What were you doing before this stuff happened (boosting, homing attack, etc.)? Getting stuck in level geometry is fairly common if landed on the wrong way or boosted over the collisions of it.

xavis
12-28-2011, 11:40 PM
What were you doing before this stuff happened (boosting, homing attack, etc.)? Getting stuck in level geometry is fairly common if landed on the wrong way or boosted over the collisions of it.

i save the boosts for when im at the water. the glitches usually happen during a jump to get over stuff. at the checkpoint during the third run at him i end up up in the water current right there at the checkpoint, no idea how i ended up there. that is what pisses me off the most.

Khronikos
12-29-2011, 12:05 AM
I cannot get this game to run.

Win7 64 Nvidia 560 ti 2500k and I get critical error after I save and exit on config tool. Corrupt or missing files.

I have 100 other steam games that have zero problems running. Do I need to reinstall my GFX driver or something? I am on the newest Nvidia Beta. 190.53 I think.

BeeZ-DuL
12-29-2011, 12:30 AM
I can't even play past the first level. After I finish the first level, the game starts to save; then the game freezes in the saving screen then, finally, crashing.

Windows 7 x64
AMD Athlon ii 640 x4 oc'ed to 3.2ghz
MSI ATI Radeon 5670 - latest drivers
16gb DDR3 1600mhz Kingston Ram (4x4gb)

Is it my GFX card or a game error? If it's my GFX card it's not a huge problem becuase I get my radeon 6770 tomorrow...

Ohp - just needed to verify integrity of cache.

DarkMaverik
12-29-2011, 03:19 AM
Another sufferer of the sidestep glitch.

Specifically, it mostly seems to affect challenge stages, and USUALLY it's only been on straightaway segments where you're running forward (not sidescrolling).

Sky Sanctuary Act 2 Challenge 1 with Knuckles however caused me to suffer the glitch very specifically at the fountain at the end. If I stepped into the water, he would sidestep left until he was outside of it. This generally meant sidestepping twice, but if I leaped further in, he'd do it until he got to dry land like a frightened cat.

This CAN'T be a controller thing can it? Really? It's such a specific "Only in these specific spots" that he does this one very particular "button press" issue (not an analogue stick movement).

I'm using a PS2 controller through some generic Chinese thing that has no logo or branding on it. It's always been fine till now. I'm not even using the analogue stick. I'm using the D-Pad (which is what I mapped. I did not map the stick).

Usharn
12-29-2011, 03:35 AM
Ugh, seeing as this is the most, uh, "official" thread, might as well add something to the bug/issues pile.

The game freezes at random intervals - the picture sits still, while the music keeps playing. This would be managable, if it did not happen so often (for example, i went through chemical plant zone modern in 15 minutes - thought the timer showed about 4 minutes, add or take)

This is NOT a driver or hardware issue - lowering the resolution/details etc. does nothing, my drivers are up to date, meaning this is something SEGA - or whoever makes patches for this - are the only ones that can fix it right now.

IceSage
12-29-2011, 03:48 AM
About the automatic side-stepping to the left, looks like it only happens to those who use DirectInput gamepads.
Looks like using the XBox 360 controller emulator fixes that, I don't know how to use it though, since I only have a XInput controller.
http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/downloads/list

Thank you, this actually worked for me. I was able to get through Seaside Hill without looking like Richard Simmons on crack.

The way you properly use this is to put it in the game folder of Sonic Generations (Steam/Common/Sonic Generations - On my computer) and setup whatever works with your controller from the presets. Press save, exit, and it generates the appropriate DLL file for the game.

Solved my issue so far. I suggest this for anyone else who's having this problem.

Ebithio
12-29-2011, 05:38 AM
I followed exactly, but when I load up the .exe, I get an error.

"Unrecognized configuration section systen.serviceModel.
(C:\\WINDOWS\MICROSOFT.NET\Framework\v2.050727\Con fig\machine. config line 134)"

I can continue, but there is no record button in the dropdown.

Reposting because I can't play Modern without that Xbox controller emulator thingy

TIE
01-05-2012, 09:09 AM
[QUOTE=5onic;26242535]------
[Crashes occur at/when:

Customization shop
Loading your game
Some missions like rouges on seaside hill[QUOTE]

Has this crash been addressed? I can't finish the level because it keeps crashing. Also, I've encountered invisible floor in the main Seaside Hill level, some missing textures and video lags on cutscenes, getting stuck in things (multiple levels), and some missing textures on signs in Planet Wisp. Nothing that makes it unplayable except for Rouge's level. Is there some way I can play that level without it crashing?

Putts
01-07-2012, 03:41 PM
I've ran into a crash just after completing City Escape Act 2 (game failed to save my progress so I had to finish it again), and a complete freeze-up with looping music during the Shadow the Hedgehog battle.

SonataMG
01-07-2012, 07:05 PM
+1 for the Rouge the Temptress Seaside Hill mission crash.

Klementh
01-09-2012, 06:06 AM
Most game pad controllers for the PC are bugged to have sonic constantly side step, submitted by Valet2, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAfxeVxjlhs
The fix is to use x360ce (http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/downloads/list) with normal hook to emulate a 360 controller.
Compatibility hook is not necessary.

Yamato1
01-20-2012, 04:04 PM
Bought game for girlfriend. Runs fine, but... will not accept game controller in-game. It accepts it fine in the config.. Everything is recognized and confirmed. But when it gets in-game, no response; the game reverts to Keyboard controls for some reason.

Controller is a Logitech Dual Action USB Controller. Works fine with everything else.

Fission96
01-20-2012, 08:16 PM
Ok I have a REAL BIG problem. I bought the game caus of the promo. After the loading screen (takes a loooong time to load), on Green Hill, the FPS are about 20-30, but every 2-5 seconds a 3-10 seconds long freeze happens, music still playing happily. That makes the game unplayable. I tried updating my drivers and many other things, without any improvement.

Config:
Intel Celeron CPU 2.2GHz (I know it sucks)
2GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450

Klementh
01-20-2012, 08:30 PM
That's some bad CPU Harry. No fix but upgrading.

Fission96
01-20-2012, 10:33 PM
Okay :C

Lorem
01-21-2012, 02:29 AM
Have the "Game Files are Missing or Corrupt"-Bug

Tried to reinstall, to delete the .exe and verify the Game Cache and to unplug all USB Things from my PC...still doesnt work...any other Idea?

Fission96
01-21-2012, 04:34 PM
Have the "Game Files are Missing or Corrupt"-Bug

Tried to reinstall, to delete the .exe and verify the Game Cache and to unplug all USB Things from my PC...still doesnt work...any other Idea?

Did you try deleting ClientRegistry.blob? If this doesn't work I don't have any other idea.

zerograv01
01-22-2012, 08:00 AM
I somehow crashed in between loading screens and I can't get past act 2 due to this. any ideas?

Gordon Nukem
01-23-2012, 05:17 PM
Just wanna remind everyone, if you're still having any problems, make sure you e-mail customersupportuk@sega.co.uk

I sent them an e-mail asking if they monitor these forums, and while they said they sometimes do, they don't reply to individual issues here, and they prefer being e-mailed (as they actually reply to those).

Crockett
01-23-2012, 09:00 PM
+1 for the Rouge the Temptress Seaside Hill mission crash.

me too

Gordon Nukem
01-23-2012, 09:17 PM
Everybody who experiences the crash with Rouge: The Temptress mission, e-mail customersupportuk@sega.co.uk about it (if you haven't already done so; I know I already said this in my previous post, but I can't stress this enough) and include your PC specs.

I don't see how they shouldn't already be aware of this crash, but if enough people e-mail them maybe they'll finally try fixing it. I mean, it's been over 2 months since the last patch, and this problem has been occurring since launch. >_<

zerograv01
01-24-2012, 04:36 AM
Okay, that now loading crash I mentioned before is fixed but now I need to verify the game cache all the time I wanted to play the game.

ezodagrom
01-24-2012, 06:29 AM
Everybody who experiences the crash with Rouge: The Temptress mission, e-mail customersupportuk@sega.co.uk about it (if you haven't already done so; I know I already said this in my previous post, but I can't stress this enough) and include your PC specs.

I don't see how they shouldn't already be aware of this crash, but if enough people e-mail them maybe they'll finally try fixing it. I mean, it's been over 2 months since the last patch, and this problem has been occurring since launch. >_<
The last patch was actually 1 month ago in December 26.

Gordon Nukem
01-24-2012, 03:51 PM
Oh okay. That's a good sign. Steam shows November 11th, 2011 as the latest update for it, so I didn't know. Do you know what the update on December 26th addressed?

Cantatus
01-24-2012, 04:35 PM

Was just coming here to see if anyone else had an issue with that mission. Guess I'll be sending an email off...

Klementh
01-24-2012, 08:58 PM
Did anyone get a response from them about that?

gransercian5676
01-25-2012, 08:53 AM
I've noticed this as well. Buttons trigger by themselves in game, and sometimes Sonic walks by himself. Though the last part may be a simple analog-stick deadzone issue. Buttons pressing by themselves is the bigger issue.

Mainly it's the L-trigger constantly activating by itself.
I have a Logitech Dual Action gamepad.

Sometimes game input stops working completely.

Another bug I have is that the configuration tool sometimes detects the wrong key being pressed. Like I want Jump to be a certain key, so I press it, but it then registers another key.

I don't think it's a controller issue because I use my controller for other games, and this never happened before.

I also have this issue with the logitech contrtoller. The main issue I have isn't the gameplay... it's the cutscenes slowdown that drives me nuts. Out of sync slowdowns at every cutscene, and sometimes the voices aren't there at all. Like it's going 60-1 in two seconds.

VendettaRM
01-25-2012, 04:38 PM
I read through the Bug Thread and I didn't read anything that would help my issue, due to I didn't even see it.

My issue is that when I start playing a level the game will crash, then the screen will go black and finally the sound will loop a 1sec loop. (It happens randomly, I beat the first stage got to see the cutscene when I went to hop into the next level bam, there was the issue.) I can't CTRL+ALT+DELETE out and have to reset my computer to fix it. I tried changing all of my settings around but nothing worked.

I contacted steam to see if they had any troubleshooting that I could do and when they sent me back an e-mail after a week of waiting none of their information helped. I am still having the same issue.

I was wondering if anyone knew of this issue, if it has occurred to anyone else and if there is a possible fix.

Thanks for the assistance!

-Vendetta

ezodagrom
01-25-2012, 05:54 PM
Oh okay. That's a good sign. Steam shows November 11th, 2011 as the latest update for it, so I didn't know. Do you know what the update on December 26th addressed?
The patch improved the framerate in Chemical Plant, even though it only improved a little bit.

xX760Xx
01-26-2012, 03:04 PM
I haven't been on here in a while haha. So the Optimus problem hasn't been fixed yet? To be honest I think that problem is actually Sega's fault.

Vulpis
01-27-2012, 11:56 PM
I also have this issue with the logitech contrtoller. The main issue I have isn't the gameplay... it's the cutscenes slowdown that drives me nuts. Out of sync slowdowns at every cutscene, and sometimes the voices aren't there at all. Like it's going 60-1 in two seconds.

From comments in other threads--the core problem here is that Generations (like many other recent games) uses Xinput while most of the Logitech pads people are using are DirectInput. I might suggest getting the Logitech F310 pad--you don't have to switch to the 360 layout, and it handles *both* Xinput and DirectInput, in case you have an older game that fails with Xinput. :-)

gransercian5676
01-28-2012, 07:01 AM
From comments in other threads--the core problem here is that Generations (like many other recent games) uses Xinput while most of the Logitech pads people are using are DirectInput. I might suggest getting the Logitech F310 pad--you don't have to switch to the 360 layout, and it handles *both* Xinput and DirectInput, in case you have an older game that fails with Xinput. :-)

Thanks, I'll look into it! ;)