PDA

View Full Version : Unsure about part member quests...

aegix drakan
11-04-2011, 04:07 PM
My party members have started asking stuff like "hey, got time to go hunt down some gaslin copper?", and it greatly confuses me, since I already have a bunch of that stuff, so why don't they just ask for some of my stock...

Are they expecting me to go hunt it down for them AFTER their request, or are they merely taking some from my item stock?

The one time Mcgready (I think) asked me if I could give him that Bracelet I had lying around, it was pretty clear what he wanted. Are the other item requests the same thing? (IE, they just take what they want as soon as you have some), or do they need me to find a new one?

Teronfel
11-05-2011, 05:22 PM
They need materials to upgrade their equipment.Their requests are just a way for the game to let you know where you can find those stuff(in case you need some of those but don't know where to look)

I don't think you can give other party members materials from your inventory,sometimes they ask for items but that's it.

TheoS_89
11-06-2011, 02:15 AM
If your members ask for material, you have to find a monster that drops it directly and then they'll ask you in the item menü after the fight if they can take it. They also generate their own money, so that they can buy the standard stuff.

aegix drakan
11-06-2011, 06:52 AM
Ohhh, so it's just a way for them so tell me what upgrade components they want to take after battles?

Ok, thanks. That makes this a lot clearer now. :)

BobT36
11-06-2011, 08:14 AM
Some party members DO have their own actual quests though, but you must talk to them continuously in the towns where they are between missions.

Only the "Unique" party members have this though, as in the ones that have their own picture and voice clips in the character screen. The random soldiers and mercenaries (like Mcgrady, but he's awesome anyways) from the Guild don't have quests.

Basically keep visiting the characters stood about in towns every time you complete a mission, (you can also trigger it by repeatedly entering / leaving a town at certain points in the game) whenever they've got red bubbles over their heads, they have something to say, after 3-5 of these they'll give you a quest.

DO use the Wiki for this game cause you can easily end up missing things if not, it is actually MEANT for people to look up stuff about this game, they deliberately made everything ambigious to encourage it, (F*** knows why).