PDA

View Full Version : Can this game be played easily with a keyboard and mouse?

Wolfy4226
11-05-2011, 08:15 AM
It was made for the Consoles as well, so this is my biggest concern. @_@

can it be played easily? Or do you have to have a trained spider to push the keys for you? Cause let me tell you, George is getting fed up with it.

ryb
11-05-2011, 08:21 AM
You could try it on OnLive to get a feel for the pc controls. No issues here, they work fine.

chipset35
11-05-2011, 08:31 AM
Heck yeah!

Rainmaker666
11-05-2011, 10:05 AM
Yeah it works great. I had zero issues as far as control goes.

One little change I made,

By default, block is bound to CTRL, and power strike is bound to right click.

I didn't like block being a keyboard button, so I remapped block to right click, and made power strike a side mouse button. But that was just personal preference.

Jhereg
11-06-2011, 01:30 AM
There is one issue with using mouse/keyboard. It still gives you all of the quicktime events on the assumption that you're using an X-Box controller, so if a Troll grabs you, it'll give you helpful info like "PRESS THE CROSS BUTTON!!" Except there is no such thing on a normal keyboard. So the troll will basically kick your ♥♥♥ if you get grabbed.

In fact, all of the displayed controls are given as if you are using an X-Box controller, thus every last one of the on-screen hints is worthless, aside from telling you that something you don't have will do something that would be nice to do.

Kradath
11-06-2011, 02:35 AM
There is one issue with using mouse/keyboard. It still gives you all of the quicktime events on the assumption that you're using an X-Box controller, so if a Troll grabs you, it'll give you helpful info like "PRESS THE CROSS BUTTON!!" Except there is no such thing on a normal keyboard. So the troll will basically kick your ♥♥♥ if you get grabbed.

In fact, all of the displayed controls are given as if you are using an X-Box controller, thus every last one of the on-screen hints is worthless, aside from telling you that something you don't have will do something that would be nice to do.

Do you have a controller connected? Because it tells me to hit either E or the left mouse button, I never had xbox symbols.