PDA

View Full Version : Demo come, not come?

OptimusHun
11-12-2011, 01:03 AM
Hi!
I just heard a few places the news: maybe a PC demo for L.A. Noire comes. Still no one can say me 100%, but some people confirmed it's come.
Any know anything about it?

Thanks!

WikingDK
11-12-2011, 01:36 AM
I have the game for PS3 - is it better on PC? :)

Austin007
11-12-2011, 02:25 PM
R* lead us to believe it's better on pc with higher res visuals, and 3d, but there isn't one single thread here yet about how good it is.

podman36
11-12-2011, 02:49 PM
R* lead us to believe it's better on pc with higher res visuals, and 3d, but there isn't one single thread here yet about how good it is.

Thats because its an awful port. I've wanted this game ever since its release on console. Naturally when it was available on steam pre-ordered it instantly. The game itself is good, no doubt. From what I've played through the lag, bugs,crashes and glitches I detect a solid mystery adventure. Unfortunately, the coding for this game is awful. It is laggy, glitchy and feels like an half-done money-grubbing port. Basically LA Noire PC feels like Gta 4 PC on launch. In other words its a good game marred by awful coding.

flarp
11-12-2011, 04:42 PM
I personally think the game is fantastic and unique; im having a lot of fun.

i'm taking is slow and immersing myself into the story.

i do have a few issues:

-right off the bat; buggy and unoptimized. Im fluctuating between 20-30 fps, all on low. Lot of in game bugs too. some minor (cover system occasionally acting up) and some major (the foot tailing missions are COMPLETELY broken).

-another major bug is the fact that your cursor shows up on screen if you use the "-str" command. disabling -str causes the game to dip to 5fps for me; im stuck using a controller

-I wish the cases were more open ended. I would like a case where there are dozens of witnesses, evidence and leads. It would be great if many of them were dead ends, so that you have to pursue another angle.

As of now though, i'm really enjoying it. If you look at it like a puzzle game you wont be disappointed. if you were expecting a sandbox action game, like GTA or Just Cause, then skip this.

As i said, its a puzzle game broken up with some elements of action; not the other way around.

I highly recommend people to buy this game; just dont buy it now, wait for some patches and pick this up in the next month or two. Christmas sale is just around the corner