PDA

View Full Version : Skyrim Prima Guide for Steam

Favret
11-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Hello,

Has anyone bought this guide for Steam? it's almost 2 days since I bought the guide and when I try to install it I just get an error telling me:

"The Steam servers are too busy to handle your request. Please try again in a few minutes"

Well I've already tried already after many MORE minutes and almost after 2 more days and nothing!, but always getting the same message, any ideas? please advise, thanks in advance.

Favret

Narosian
11-12-2011, 01:39 PM
I got it, works fine for me.

Tron0426
11-12-2011, 01:49 PM
I am having the same problem. :(

Favret
11-12-2011, 02:15 PM
so any ideas? should we contact customer service? please advise!

Favret

rupok2
11-12-2011, 02:21 PM
why didn't u buy the actual prima guide hardcopy? Isn't it better to have that and read it while u play?

Lurpsukka
11-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Go to your Steam settings -> Downloads + cloud -> Download region

Change that. Start DL.

Favret
11-12-2011, 06:22 PM
Already tried that, tried different sites and still the same message error!!!... any Steam help pls?... what else can I try?, it's so ridiculous that it's almost 3 days since I bought the guide and still CANNOT use it... :mad:

Favret

albpoolshark
11-12-2011, 10:34 PM
I'm having the same exact problem. I tried changing the region but i still got the same error. I'm going on my second day after buying the guide.

brigglesworth
11-12-2011, 11:03 PM
I'm having the same issue, tried changing the region and still no luck, getting the steam is too busy error message.

zemzamzeman
11-13-2011, 02:44 AM
Same issue. Very frustrating. Can not download.

Quakeworld TF
11-13-2011, 02:49 AM
Go to your Steam settings -> Downloads + cloud -> Download region

Change that. Start DL.

Re-iterate this. Restart steam upon change. Keep changing til it works. The closer the region the better. Restart system, clear all cookies on system. Reinstall steam if necessary. I've had to do the virtual equivalent of beating steam with a wrench a few times like this to get stuff to process before.

Contact steam support now to receive an answer in 1-2 days in case the above fails. Haven't had to do this in a few months personally though.

zemzamzeman
11-13-2011, 03:06 AM
Re-iterate this. Restart steam upon change. Keep changing til it works. The closer the region the better. Restart system, clear all cookies on system. Reinstall steam if necessary. I've had to do the virtual equivalent of beating steam with a wrench a few times like this to get stuff to process before.

Contact steam support now to receive an answer in 1-2 days in case the above fails. Haven't had to do this in a few months personally though.

Have you actually purchased this guide on Steam? Not "a" guide, but specifically THIS guide? Because it is starting to look like what I was sold was simply a web-wiki on Prima's website. I am beginning to believe that this is not an actual guide that you can download at all.

Has anyone ACTUALLY downloaded and installed this? Is it actually something that is on your PC, or just the guide on Prima's site? I can not get it to install, but when ti click on "Guide" it sends me to the Prima web-guide.

Lighthalzen
11-13-2011, 03:08 AM
Same thing happening to me Zemzamzeman, I cannot download it at all no matter what servers I tried, but there is a Guide link which links to the Prima site's Guide. Not only that the Interactive Map is not accessible! Anyone else on the same boat?

***Whenever clicking the Interactive Map link, it says:

PAGE NOT FOUND
That page was not found on this website.
If you purchased access to this guide, please consult your retailer for instructions on how to access it.
For all other enquires, please visit primagames.com
Technical information:

zemzamzeman
11-13-2011, 03:33 AM
This guide is a nightmare.

First off, it is not actually a downloadable guide as far as I can tell.

Second....it only really works on IE9 so far. It appears to be gimped in both Firefox and Chrome. Oh and it gets worse. You have to actually change your default browser in WINDOWS to get Steam to launch it in a browser that can actually READ the guide correctly. That means all links by default from any program will now open in IE9.

This is a horrible product so far. Buyer beware.

brigglesworth
11-14-2011, 05:13 PM
Yep, I have a link now to the "online" game guide, but no matter the browser I use I have the same issue as you Lighthalzen, getting the page not found error page. This is pretty lame.

For anyone else viewing this thread, better information can be found in the following thread:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2231674

Scallawag
11-14-2011, 05:53 PM
*** FIX FOR PRIMA GUIDE FOR SKYRIM ***

It's not really a fix, but I needed your attention because you're doing what I did when I bought it.

You don't download it. You run it from the menu in STEAM.

RIght click the game in your library.. Choose "VIEW GUIDE".

Yeah.. nice of them to put that in the instructions, right?

The interactive map isn't finished yet but should be soon.

+Rep is nice!

zemzamzeman
11-15-2011, 05:23 AM
Interactive Map issue has now been resolved. There were several of us on the Prima forums complaining about it, and this morning they resolved the issue. Yay. Interactive maps should work fine for all Steam users now, although they are a bit slow.

SaboSmith
11-15-2011, 05:39 AM
Why would you buy a guide? Google can tell you anything you need to know :D