PDA

View Full Version : URGENT!: read please, quick choice needed

Scipizoa
11-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Ok well this post i would like only those that invest in games for Xbox 360 AND PC.

I want to get saints row the third, and pre order it, but WHICH system will be more beneficial to me??

I tried looking this stuff up myself but i could not find out any honest info, I was curious if saints row the third was gonna be like sr2 where it won't be very moddable like GTA4 is I dunno, i just need some imput from other people.. :(

TY for the options in advance!

Smertnik
11-12-2011, 06:09 PM
Well, apparently the PC version has some extra features and is more stable than console versions.

Sweet Br0
11-12-2011, 06:15 PM
If there's a PC version, it's usually a good idea to get that.

Hayden03756
11-12-2011, 06:17 PM
well i would get it for PC. It gets better graphics, a theatre mode ETC.

Kewp
11-12-2011, 06:23 PM
what are your pc spectorials?

zherok
11-12-2011, 06:59 PM
I doubt the PC version will be definitive enough to really put it apart from the console versions.

Performance-wise, I'm hopeful that they'll do a better job than the terrible third-party port of SR2, but it's a console-based series, and modding isn't likely to be encouraged.

I preordered it on the PC, but I'm not expecting my experience to be dramatically different than that on the PS3/360.

peteed1985
11-12-2011, 07:08 PM
PC is better and you can always get a xbox 360 control for the PC if you prefer that controller.

Scipizoa
11-12-2011, 07:23 PM
what are your pc spectorials?

I can play any game on it a console can :P

NanoIce
11-12-2011, 08:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hVlZJI8DNk

Watch this, then you'll surprise on 0:37, plus they say PC version supports DX 11 Too!!!

Rurouni_Kei
11-12-2011, 09:06 PM
pc is the way to go if you can handle it, google "can you run it" to test your system

MIK3K
11-12-2011, 09:40 PM
I was torn also because SR2 PC was hands down the worst mess I have ever experienced on PC. I do not make it a habit of talking bad about any PC game - but SR2 is not any PC game. Horrible and I only spent $5 on it on sale. I feel sick even thinking about that game.

But I really like Volition and their other games have been very good and they are supposed to be doing the PC version themselves, so I preordered SR3 for PC.

Crosses fingers, eyes, arms, legs for luck (and I have Skyrim, so if SR3 doesn't work out, Skyrim is my fallback for a great PC game).

Scipizoa
11-13-2011, 04:39 AM
hmm well if the pc ver is going to have more feature then the 360 ver for 20 dollars less..

Scipizoa
11-13-2011, 06:31 AM
Ok well I went ahead and pre-ordered the pc version from greenmangaming :)

deepakchopra
11-13-2011, 07:17 AM
Ok well I went ahead and pre-ordered the pc version from greenmangaming :)

If you are ordering from them, you will not get a "pre-load" (No keys until they receive them from THQ which will be on late Monday or early Tuesday) and will have to download it on release day. The servers will be very slow due to Skyrim/COD3 and loaded on the release day and to my understanding you will not be able to play the game.

Also, with all due respect, this is not GreenManGaming forum, so why post here?

Scipizoa
11-13-2011, 07:34 AM
If you are ordering from them, you will not get a "pre-load" (No keys until they receive them from THQ which will be on late Monday or early Tuesday) and will have to download it on release day. The servers will be very slow due to Skyrim/COD3 and loaded on the release day and to my understanding you will not be able to play the game.

because the idea of this post was to figure out which would be worth more of my money, and also the greenmangaming site is selling the game for STEAM via keys THATS why this was not posted on the greenmangaming forums. :) and as for not getting the keys til release day, who cares?? i get the same pre order bonusus all steam users get, i just paid a cheaper price for it all, AND once again, not being able to preload... WHO CARES!?!/

lonewolf1044
11-13-2011, 05:06 PM
Ok well this post i would like only those that invest in games for Xbox 360 AND PC.

I want to get saints row the third, and pre order it, but WHICH system will be more beneficial to me??

I tried looking this stuff up myself but i could not find out any honest info, I was curious if saints row the third was gonna be like sr2 where it won't be very moddable like GTA4 is I dunno, i just need some imput from other people.. :(

TY for the options in advance!

I would go with the pc because of the modding. Consoles not so.

rh224
11-14-2011, 08:44 AM

You have no confirmation of this. Unless you work for THQ and know when they are sending keys to GMG, you have just made this information up.

Also, "with all due respect," this is a Steamworks game. So no matter what vendor you purchased from, it is totally valid to post here. But beyond that, these are user forums, not official support forums. So even if this wasn't a Steamworks game and someone purchased a retail copy, or from Impulse, or whatever, it would be totally fine for them to post on these forums looking for opinions.