PDA

View Full Version : Finally, a little PC info on performance

MIK3K
11-13-2011, 01:33 AM
From the 1up Review - http://www.1up.com/reviews/saints-row-the-third-pc-ps3-xbox360

"I played the game on all three platforms and the PC version is far and away the best. Both the 360 and PS3 are subject to pop-in and frame rate hitches, and while they're never unplayable, the glitches can interfere with the experience. The PC on the other hand runs at a steady frame rate in DirectX10 and 11 mode. If you have a slower rig, there's also a DX9 version that should, in theory, look just a bit better than the 360 version with less pop-in and no frame rate problems. The PC version also includes a video record mode that, at the press of a button, will convert the last 30-seconds of gameplay into WMV file -- allowing you to upload the craziness to YouTube with ease. Enabling the feature can be a drain on system resources if you're running a low-end PC."

Stoib
11-13-2011, 01:43 AM
Cheers for this, can't wait.

Iron Horse
11-13-2011, 06:11 AM
Exactly how it should be.

Alien_Magi
11-13-2011, 09:16 AM
I'm glad I prepurchased it :3

Lemming Jesus
11-13-2011, 12:50 PM
The first one wasn't released on PC at all and we all know what a horrible mess 2 was. As much as I love the games, I'm not going to believe they've changed until I see it myself.

MIK3K
11-13-2011, 01:10 PM
The first one wasn't released on PC at all and we all know what a horrible mess 2 was. As much as I love the games, I'm not going to believe they've changed until I see it myself.

Now I'm second guessing my preorder (except I already did the pre-load from Amazon). When Jesus does not believe in something until he sees it himself, that is pretty powerful :)

phillibl
11-13-2011, 01:25 PM
Now I'm second guessing my preorder (except I already did the pre-load from Amazon). When Jesus does not believe in something until he sees it himself, that is pretty powerful :)

You dont have anything to worry about. CD Projekt was in charge of the port of SR2 and they failed. Volition kept SR3 in house this time though and have even added pc specific features. It will be fantastic.

P.S. SR2 may run bad on PC but it is still one of my favorite games of all time. SR3 will be great.

borsdy
11-13-2011, 01:41 PM
I have read the RF:Armageddon port was godly and Volition made that just like SR3