PDA

View Full Version : Game refuses to launch

eric17203
11-13-2011, 07:23 AM
Everytime I tries to launch the game it pops up a new window for a sec and immediate closes down and nothing happens. Any idea what should I do to get this game running?

Stuff I've already tried

Turn off AV
Verified game cache
Tries to launch the game while on offline mode

But still no luck and here's my spec, any help would be appreciated ;)

Window 7 Ultimate
I7 X940
ATI Mobility 5870 CF

Batguano
11-13-2011, 12:54 PM
Everytime I tries to launch the game it pops up a new window for a sec and immediate closes down and nothing happens. Any idea what should I do to get this game running?

Stuff I've already tried

Turn off AV
Verified game cache
Tries to launch the game while on offline mode

But still no luck and here's my spec, any help would be appreciated ;)

Window 7 Ultimate
I7 X940
ATI Mobility 5870 CF

This is going to sound strange, but what type of controller do you have plugged in (if any).

Reason I ask is, if I plug in my standard 360 Wired Controller, it will launch.
If I plug in my F510 Logitech Controller, it will launch.

If I plug in my Saitek Cyborg Gamepad, it does the exact same thing you describe.

I sent in a mini-dump crash file from this to the Ignire devs and they e-mailed back and they are looking at the problem.

Of course, it may be something completely different in your case.

Standard things are shutdown any tweaking programs (ATI Tray Tools, Radeon Pro, etc) and set you Catalyst Control Center to let the game decide the AA and Anisotropic filtering and Vsynch. Just to level the playing field.

Disabling sound is also a basic troubleshootng, but unless there is a command line for the game to do that, I don't know how to tell the game to not init the sound system. No ini file to fall back on :(

Its a DirectX 9 game, so it should be good to go on your mobility chip. Unless your laptop falls back on a low power onboard solution when not gaming (ie. IntelHD stuff) and the game is trying to use that. If you have that option.

Is creating a MDMP file in the Ignite directory? That is a crash dump file that the devs could use to give you a much better answer then me.

Bats

eric17203
11-13-2011, 02:39 PM
This is going to sound strange, but what type of controller do you have plugged in (if any).

Reason I ask is, if I plug in my standard 360 Wired Controller, it will launch.
If I plug in my F510 Logitech Controller, it will launch.

If I plug in my Saitek Cyborg Gamepad, it does the exact same thing you describe.

I sent in a mini-dump crash file from this to the Ignire devs and they e-mailed back and they are looking at the problem.

Of course, it may be something completely different in your case.

Standard things are shutdown any tweaking programs (ATI Tray Tools, Radeon Pro, etc) and set you Catalyst Control Center to let the game decide the AA and Anisotropic filtering and Vsynch. Just to level the playing field.

Disabling sound is also a basic troubleshootng, but unless there is a command line for the game to do that, I don't know how to tell the game to not init the sound system. No ini file to fall back on :(

Its a DirectX 9 game, so it should be good to go on your mobility chip. Unless your laptop falls back on a low power onboard solution when not gaming (ie. IntelHD stuff) and the game is trying to use that. If you have that option.

Is creating a MDMP file in the Ignite directory? That is a crash dump file that the devs could use to give you a much better answer then me.

Bats

I've tried launching it with and without 350 controllers plugged in , set the CCC as described and shutting down those programs and still doesn't work.

However I did noticed the crash report you've mentioned so I'll try to send them the crash report instead, thanks for the help :D

JimmyMcNulty
11-15-2011, 05:57 AM
Turning off an AV doesn't actually do anything, for an AV to completely stop working you would have to uninstall it.

Mister Slimm
11-16-2011, 02:01 PM
The Ignite demo wouldn't launch for me. I'd get a small white window, then a large white window then back to desktop.

For me, it was WindowBlinds. I told WindowBlinds not to skin ignite-demo.exe (Settings/Per Application) and now it works.

eric17203
11-17-2011, 09:57 AM
The Ignite demo wouldn't launch for me. I'd get a small white window, then a large white window then back to desktop.

For me, it was WindowBlinds. I told WindowBlinds not to skin ignite-demo.exe (Settings/Per Application) and now it works.

That is what exactly happened to me and it now works like a charm! Thank you very much good sir and enjoy your rep! :)

lgm1979
11-18-2011, 05:10 AM
Demo wouldn't launch for me either, although I don't use Windowblinds. I was actually pretty interested in this game too!

ZachZeb
11-18-2011, 08:26 AM
Demo wouldn't launch for me either, although I don't use Windowblinds. I was actually pretty interested in this game too!

Can you please send your dxdiag file to us at support@nemesys.hu and describe the problem there.

Thank you!

realshin
12-09-2011, 11:13 AM
SO I have a similar problem, when I try to launch the game nothing happens. I don't understood which file I should send (and where it is).

raistand
12-16-2011, 03:47 AM
The same problem (with demo) here. :(

Now I have a few files like ignite-demo_7_crash_2011_12_16T11_52_7C0.mdmp

ZachZeb
12-20-2011, 12:40 AM
If you are still having issues with this, please see this thread:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2279960

We are working on it, but there is a quick fix for now