PDA

View Full Version : Blink: A surreal first person experience coming to PC and Mac with your help.

ssj_jessy
11-13-2011, 01:14 PM
Check out the trailer here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bluevoidstudios/blink-a-surreal-first-person-gaming-experience

Blue Void Studios, a new indie game studio needs a kickstart for their first commercial title Blink.

Blink is a first-person game crafted with an innovative formula of platforming, puzzles, and mystery. In a surreal world that is both beautiful and lifeless, you find you are somehow able to freely slip between two unique perceptions of the world. Will you come to grips with this strange power, or will you lose your grip on reality?

We are aiming to make this an innovative game that will be remembered by all who play. We aren't going to have a typical narrative story, instead we want to lead the player with visual and auditory cues. Also, if you own a Razer Hydra motion controller, you will be able to play Blink with it out of the box. Blink will be one of the first games since the popular Portal 2 to offer native support for the Hydra motion controller. Our studio is working on integrating the hardware with Unreal Development Kit, so if this project is successful, many other Unreal-powered games will be compatible with the Hydra too!

If you like the concept, the music, want to get in the closed beta, or want your voice in the game you can back us at Kickstarter (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bluevoidstudios/blink-a-surreal-first-person-gaming-experience). :) If you can't back us then spreading the word is extremely helpful!

cryptload
11-13-2011, 01:23 PM
BRINK?

Levi
11-13-2011, 01:23 PM
Looks kind of cool. I'm not going to help with kickstarter, but I'd probably buy it when its developed.

ssj_jessy
11-13-2011, 01:46 PM
Looks kind of cool. I'm not going to help with kickstarter, but I'd probably buy it when its developed.

Thanks Levi! Just remember that Kickstarter is all or nothing crowd-funding which means if we don't reach our goal by Monday NOV 28, 10:15PM EST than the project gets nothing and Blink will no longer be in production. So please spread the word if you want it to happen.

xlayer6969
11-13-2011, 01:49 PM
That game looks cool

5onic
11-13-2011, 02:08 PM
Looks interesting, I love puzzle games.

Aura891
11-13-2011, 02:41 PM
It seems to me you guys should have just gone forward with the project and put your game into one of the indie bundles, either the humble bundle, or the indie royale bundle, for instance, the indie royale bundle still hasn't done their "Alpha Fund Bundle", which starts in 24 days, and that would be something i think you'd probably get a lot of money out of

Acetyl
11-13-2011, 02:52 PM
I hope this game ends out (assuming it is ever fully developed), with a psychological feel. As in your mind has become fractured, and you're managing by indulging both sides for their strengths, as well as shortcomings.

supernaut
11-13-2011, 03:02 PM
This could be a stupid question, but why such a short time span to get funding?

ssj_jessy
11-13-2011, 05:01 PM
This could be a stupid question, but why such a short time span to get funding?

:)Well before we started our campaign we did a ton of research on Kickstarter and successful and failed projects.

So what we found was more time isn't always a good thing. The further away the deadline is, the more likely they are to forget about the project they said they would come back to fund. (http://www.kickstarter.com/help/school/setting_your_goal)

This article about Kickstarter has pretty much everything our research found. I really wish they wrote it sooner. http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/6529/building_a_better_kickstarter_.php

ssj_jessy
11-13-2011, 05:23 PM
It seems to me you guys should have just gone forward with the project and put your game into one of the indie bundles, either the humble bundle, or the indie royale bundle, for instance, the indie royale bundle still hasn't done their "Alpha Fund Bundle", which starts in 24 days, and that would be something i think you'd probably get a lot of money out of

:D Thanks! I didn't realize they had bundles for alpha. We just sent an email to them so we will see what they say.

Well the main reason we started a Kickstarter campaign is because our indie company needs a kickstart. Our present situation doesn't let us work on the game full-time which means that we can't get very far very quickly.