PDA

View Full Version : $115 too much!

scott1974
11-14-2011, 08:16 AM
Another title I won't be buying from steam because of the $90 price tag.
EDIT: when I buy games I want the full game at release and it works out to be $115

Scipizoa
11-14-2011, 08:20 AM
which title is that?

Freyar
11-14-2011, 08:22 AM
Let me guess.. Australia?

xD34THx
11-14-2011, 08:24 AM
Greenmangaming.

thewookie
11-14-2011, 08:24 AM
Let me guess.. Australia?

Is this the same Freyar from the Raptr and APB forums because if so How do you find time to play the games inbetween your HUGE post counts.

Freyar
11-14-2011, 08:26 AM
Is this the same Freyar from the Raptr and APB forums because if so How do you find time to play the games inbetween your HUGE post counts.

Dual monitors and twenty five different machines I can be on at any time. Also, being able to write at a good speed helps. Sadly, I run into the flood protection quite often here.

scott1974
11-14-2011, 08:27 AM
which title is that?Saints Row The Third

Scipizoa
11-14-2011, 08:28 AM
Dual monitors and twenty five different machines I can be on at any time. Also, being able to write at a good speed helps. Sadly, I run into the flood protection quite often here.
lmao i was also gonna say that you could have a vert good phone and/or tablet that can sit next to you whilst you game :P

scott1974
11-14-2011, 08:32 AM
Let me guess.. Australia?That is correct.

THQ store has it at a good price but we don't get any of the bonus stuff because I'm not american or canadian.
THQ QUOTE:
Saints Row The Third

THQ Store Exclusive! For a limited time, all pre-order customers in the U.S. and Canada will receive the following items:

Professor Genki's Hyper Ordinary Pre-Order Pack
A Season Pass that includes three downloadable mission packs and the Nyte Blade DLC pack
FREE SHIPPING*!

Greenmangaming.I won't buy from CD-KEY store as steam will suspend my account and I will lose my 400+ games.

Freyar
11-14-2011, 08:33 AM
lmao i was also gonna say that you could have a vert good phone and/or tablet that can sit next to you whilst you game :P

Eee-yup.
http://www.google.com/phone/detail/nexus-one

Scipizoa
11-14-2011, 08:35 AM
ah the nexus one the bible of all smart phones xD

scott1974
11-14-2011, 08:38 AM
Just realized the game is $115 if you add the DLC for day 1 release.

MaxMad
11-14-2011, 08:39 AM
I won't buy from CD-KEY store as steam will suspend my account and I will lose my 400+ games.

You are funny, because GreenManGaming is a legit store

scott1974
11-14-2011, 08:46 AM
You are funny, because GreenManGaming is a legit storeSteam say buying from CD-KEY stores is against the terms and conditions of steam.

MaxMad
11-14-2011, 08:48 AM
Steam say buying from CD-KEY stores is against the terms and conditions of steam.

No they don't, they are referring to unauthorized cd key resellers. Green Man Gaming is an authorized digital distribution store, just like Direct 2 Drive and others, sheesh

rh224
11-14-2011, 08:49 AM
Steam say buying from CD-KEY stores is against the terms and conditions of steam.

Greenmangaming is a legitimate store.

deepakchopra
11-14-2011, 08:51 AM
Greenmangaming is a legitimate store.

No one cares, take it to their forum!

If people want to purchase from steam, it is their choice kuttah kameena.

Lastly, GMG is a third party website, don't spam URL's and purchase links here.

rh224
11-14-2011, 08:54 AM
No one cares, take it to their forum!

If people want to purchase from steam, it is their choice kuttah kameena.

Nope, we'll continue to post here.

Did you read my response to your other absolutely stupid post on this subject?

First, this is a Steamworks game. So it's valid to post on these forums no matter what vendor we initially purchased from.

Second, these are user forums, not official support forums. So even if Saints Row: The Third wasn't a Steamworks game, it would still be fine for people who purchased the game from a different vendor to post here.

If anyone is going to invoke "we" here, it'll be me: We don't care that you have a problem with people not buying directly from Steam. Stop spamming the forums with your useless garbage.

deepakchopra
11-14-2011, 09:04 AM
Nope, we'll continue to post here.

Did you read my response to your other absolutely stupid post on this subject?

First, this is a Steamworks game. So it's valid to post on these forums no matter what vendor we initially purchased from.

Second, these are user forums, not official support forums. So even if Saints Row: The Third wasn't a Steamworks game, it would still be fine for people who purchased the game from a different vendor to post here.

If anyone is going to invoke "we" here, it'll be me: We don't care that you have a problem with people not buying directly from Steam. Stop spamming the forums with your useless garbage.

I doubt you will get your answers here, you would be better of emailing GMG support for your inquiries. I am only trying to help you.

rh224
11-14-2011, 09:07 AM
I doubt you will get your answers here, you would be better of emailing GMG support for your inquiries. I am only trying to help you.

If you are only trying to help people, you are going about it the wrong way. "Go post on the GMG forums, not here" is not helpful.

Freyar
11-14-2011, 09:11 AM

You may be trying, but you're coming off as a complete moron.

Scipizoa
11-14-2011, 09:15 AM
ty freyar..

scott1974
11-14-2011, 09:37 AM
No they don't, they are referring to unauthorized cd key resellers. Green Man Gaming is an authorized digital distribution store, just like Direct 2 Drive and others, sheesh
Not true.

rh224
11-14-2011, 09:47 AM
Not true.

What do you mean "not true"? It's absolutely true.

Freyar
11-14-2011, 09:50 AM
I don't see GMG being censored on these forums, do you?

rh224
11-14-2011, 09:57 AM
Steam Subscriber Agreement:

http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/

From Section 4:

E. Steam Authorized Resellers.

You may purchase a Subscription through an authorized reseller of Valve. The "Product Key" accompanying such purchase will be used to activate your Subscription. If you purchase a Subscription from an authorized reseller of Valve, you agree to direct all questions regarding the Product Key to that reseller.

There doesn't seem to be an actual list of Steam Authorized Resellers available, but GreenManGaming absolutely is one. I purchased Dead Island and Hard Reset from them. They've sold tens of thousands of legitimate Steam keys. If you google it, or even search the Steam forums themselves, there are lots of independent user confirmations that GMG is a Steam Authorized Reseller.

Odra
11-14-2011, 10:53 AM
I buy Steam compatible titles from Green Man Gaming whenever they have an awesome deal (same goes for Gamersgate) and haven't had any problems.

P.S. No need for name calling.

Verderf
11-14-2011, 12:09 PM
I won't buy from CD-KEY store as steam will suspend my account and I will lose my 400+ games.
No they don't. They only remove keys from your account.

OzLefty76
11-14-2011, 01:17 PM
At the US price of 50USD, a purchase I'd consider.

At 90USD, get stuffed! No sale. No profit. No money at all. No possibility of selling DLC.

There's no excuse for this.

It's a digital game. You have no extra costs selling to Australians. The digital version cannot be resold. I have to spend bandwidth downloading it. It is a lesser product, and you're charging much more for it.

Hell, I can buy a console disc in an actual retail shop (where they have to pay for retail staff and store space) for about 75USD (which is already an inflated price).

Publishers - look at what Valve does. When they sell their games at a reasonable price THEY MAKE MUCH MORE MONEY. FFS. Stupid management morons.

MeBot
11-14-2011, 01:19 PM
I guess GreenManGaming doesn't exist, then.

Oh well, your loss!

Sweet Br0
11-14-2011, 01:21 PM
I always thought it had to do with you guys having so much inflation. I can't talk to an Australian on the internet about jobs without hearing "well I make 18 American USD an hour working at Kangaroomart."

Stoib
11-14-2011, 01:26 PM
I always thought it had to do with you guys having so much inflation. I can't talk to an Australian on the internet about jobs without hearing "well I make 18 American USD an hour working at Walmart."
I know what your trying to say, just thought I'd point out we don't actually have Walmart's here in Aus :P

To the OP this and any other Steamworks game (since they need to be activated here anyway) are ALWAYS cheaper elsewhere, be it the above mentioned Green man gaming or import. I Don't know of any Aussies who have actually payed these ripoff prices for a long time now

Metal_Izanagi
11-14-2011, 01:47 PM
Uh...sorry? You should really take this up with developers and Steam support, and not people on an internet forum.

nilshansson9
11-14-2011, 02:15 PM
Might I recommend http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-games/saints-row-the-third-3-game-pc

Might take a bit longer to get to you. But with those savings you could buy two new releases :D I got Skyrim and Saints row the third for less than what steam would charge for one.

ozgeek
11-14-2011, 02:24 PM

GreenManGaming is legit. Don't worry. You will be fine. you just get an email from GMG with instructions on how to install it and the key. I bought about 5 games from there and my account is still fine. The first one was Mafia 2 and I played that game twice. Still fine.

scott1974
11-14-2011, 03:16 PM
GreenManGaming is legit. Don't worry. You will be fine. you just get an email from GMG with instructions on how to install it and the key. I bought about 5 games from there and my account is still fine. The first one was Mafia 2 and I played that game twice. Still fine.Yes I know GMG is legit but it isn't on steams authorized sellers list.

No they don't. They only remove keys from your account.Steam are known to disable your full account if you have a problem with a game purchase. I had a bad paypal purchase with steam and the disabled my whole account, took about 15 days to get re activated. Then my account was disabled 2 days later because I requested a email change that took 5 days. so yes steam will disable all games if there is any problem

What do you mean "not true"? It's absolutely true.Can you give me a link to Steams authorized resellers. Steam said that any site that sells keys are not authorized sellers.

Scipizoa
11-14-2011, 03:19 PM
greenmangaming is one legit steam game seller and authorized

I got SRTT from them, we all got our codes from GMG tonight :P

donnymill
11-14-2011, 03:32 PM
Yes I know GMG is legit but it isn't on steams authorized sellers list.

Hey man, I don't know where you're getting this paranoia from. I've bought a number of Steamworks games through Green Man Gaming and my account hasn't been disabled as a result and the same goes for the hundreds if not thousands of other gamers taking advantage of that site's deep discounts.

You think the game costs too much and people are giving you legitimate advice on how to do that. You don't want to take advantage of that then that's fine, but you're wrong about all this, "My account will be disabled," stuff.

Steam are known to disable your full account if you have a problem with a game purchase. I had a bad paypal purchase with steam and the disabled my whole account, took about 15 days to get re activated. Then my account was disabled 2 days later because I requested a email change that took 5 days. so yes steam will disable all games if there is any problem.

You aren't making the payment to Steam though, so it has nothing to do with them. Green Man Gaming is a legitimate vendor, they don't sell stolen or illegally generated CD Keys. You can buy this game there, nothing will happen to your account. Or, you can go on being needlessly paranoid and miss out on getting this game at a reasonable price.

CaptainDingo
11-14-2011, 03:32 PM

Steam are known to disable your full account if you have a problem with a game purchase. I had a bad paypal purchase with steam and the disabled my whole account, took about 15 days to get re activated. Then my account was disabled 2 days later because I requested a email change that took 5 days. so yes steam will disable all games if there is any problem

Can you give me a link to Steams authorized resellers. Steam said that any site that sells keys are not authorized sellers.

All Steam themselves do is sell keys.

So are Steam themselves not authorized sellers?

Think about it. And unless you actually have the list, don't go around telling people which companies are and aren't on that list.

GMG gets keys directly from the publishers of the game for the specific purpose of sale. The keys only work on Steam because this game uses Steamworks, so all copies must be compatible with Steam. What's prohibited is the RESALE of keys, not the initial sale. In other words, people who buy a game, harvest the key, and resell it.

And your anecdote about getting your account disabled from a bad PayPal transaction is irrelevant. That's like saying "I ate a burrito and got bad gas. You better not eat cereal, or you'll get gas too." Makes no sense.

You're using paranoia instead of rational thought and research.

ozgeek
11-14-2011, 03:33 PM
You can ask steam support if you want clarification. But I assure you GMG is Steam friendly along with GamerGate and DD.

Scipizoa
11-14-2011, 03:38 PM
look at it this way, if gmg wasn't legit all of steam well 75% of steam would be banned..

TazzieDevil
11-14-2011, 04:47 PM
We hardly have inflation at all - what we have is a government regulated minimum wage of about $12 an hour and and legislation that allows for work place agreements to replace payment award legislation. under the award you would get paid $12 an hour 9-6 the $18 an hour after 6 and $24 an hour on Sundays and public holidays... a work place agreement allows the employer so agree to one standard rate regardless of what time or day they work. so rates for cafe staff up around $15-$18 are common.
Which i guess makes for an environment where companies think they can get away with charging more for their products and as i'm not going to send to the US or UK for a litre of milk or a McDonald's burger they are right. In that I pay about $12 for a large chips, drink and a 100% angus beef burger at McDonald's... but with internet games you can get them from all over the place online - Dungeon Crawl or the Oz game shop or even amazon.co.uk or amazon.com and still save 30% of the cost... so i guess steam just doesn't sell to many Australians and only an idiot would pay $100 when you can get the game at amazon and send it by courier so it arrives 3 days latter and still save $25 on the steam price and there are cheaper alternatives like greenman or dungeon crawl etc...

For the record also the Australain nation average wage and the US are almost the same at around $50k a year...

DarkOneX
11-14-2011, 05:15 PM
it was $33 on GMG yo, not $115 wtf you smokin?

Saithene
11-14-2011, 07:26 PM
yep good old Ozzie pricing scam, and its good to see steam buy into it. OK so 90USD = about 88AUD and the wankers at eb and charging 89 for it, so that kinda works out, but that's still a bull♥♥♥♥ price for a game the brick and mortar scum store need to match comp with online sellers hell EB stores don't even match their online store price, oh well back to updateing, 24.4KB/S??? GOD DAMN YOU STEAM, I can DL over 2mb a second and was earlier update it damn you!!

Zargero
11-14-2011, 08:47 PM
Steam really does need to make a better conversion system also GMG is legit and they will not do anything to your account for buying from them if that was the case anyone who has ever used a Humble Bundle code on steam would be banned

ozgeek
11-14-2011, 08:49 PM
it was $33 on GMG yo, not $115 wtf you smokin?

Yes cheaper on GMG but they are talking about how much it is if you buy it from Steam Store:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/55230/

rh224
11-14-2011, 09:15 PM

Really? And what list are you looking at?

There isn't one.

Can you give me a link to Steams authorized resellers. Steam said that any site that sells keys are not authorized sellers.

Nope. There is no official list of Steam Authorized Resellers. But Greenmangaming is a legitimate site. If multiple people telling you this isn't good enough for you then just don't bother, I guess.

ozgeek
11-18-2011, 04:16 PM
I guess GMG is sucessful in Peer-Pressure. If a friend shops on it while his friend is watching, and is sucessful, then he follow suits and shop on GMG himself.