PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty United Ofensive Key?

Fredrick2003
11-16-2011, 01:52 PM
I recently purchased the Call of Duty Warchest because a friend of mine recently set up a United Offensive server and we wanted to relive old times.

After I bought the game though, I couldn't find the key that would allow me to play multiplayer. Everyone knows there are dozens of ways to pirate the multiplayer on this game, but I was wondering if it was possible to get my real, legitimate key before I went that route, I've been piracy free for awhile now.

Can't help but think its something painfully obvious that I am too stupid to notice...

Vinto
11-16-2011, 01:56 PM
Did you buy the game off Steam or in Retail?

OniNeoxes
11-16-2011, 02:19 PM
If you have it installed from steam try and find it in registry here
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Activision \Call of Duty

Fredrick2003
11-16-2011, 05:52 PM
If you have it installed from steam try and find it in registry here
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Activision \Call of Duty

I only see Black Ops on the listing, which I don't even own, but played on a free weekend.

chachee99
11-18-2011, 07:04 AM
I have this game too. IT is a the steam version. I treid playing multiplayer, but it asks me for my cd key. Where can I find it?

pistawful
11-18-2011, 01:34 PM
Some people have had success with starting up the single player first, then quit out and try mp. I never had the problem but I remember reading that somewhere.

chachee99
11-19-2011, 10:52 AM
i have no idea where i can find the cd key for mp.

tk9780
11-21-2011, 12:35 PM
CD Keys are issued with many third party games. In many cases, Steam will display your CD Key when you first launch your game. If your game launches and asks for a CD Key you do not have, please try the following:

Right-click on the game in the Library tab and select View Game CD Key. This option is not available for all Steam games and a CD Key is not required for all games.
Verify your GCF files. Follow the directions in the Verify Integrity of Game Cache section of the Verify Game Cache Files (GCF) article.
For Windows Vista users, follow the directions under Try Running Steam as Administrator in the Windows Vista Troubleshooting article. Then, verify your GCF files again and test the issue.
For Windows XP users, on rare occasions you may need to properly set registry permissions:

Exit Steam.
Go to the "Start" menu, select "Run", type "regedit" and click "OK".
Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\VALVE
Right click and select "Permissions"
Check the boxes for "Admin" and "System" to "Full control" and "Read".
Restart Steam and then verify your GCF files again.

Games purchased through a retail store
If your game did not come with a CD Key where there should be one printed, please see the Contacting Steam Billing and Support topic for instructions to contact Steam Support.

I hope helps.................

seseorang
11-21-2011, 08:46 PM
Call of Duty is one of those games where the cd-key is inserted automatically. This process is not always successful