PDA

View Full Version : They put bounty on me in Riverhood, can't go through quests.

maroce
11-18-2011, 12:50 PM
As soon as I entered the Riverhood, I killed a chicken. I didn't know it could be a problem.

Then it said I'm on bounty and some guy attacks me, so I killed him.

The problem is I have a quest about talking to some guy and journal says he would help me but the guy I should talk to attacks me!

And there's X mark on the quest in journal screen. what the hell?

What's the purpose of this game? There should be main stream. I think this quest is it. But I can't clear it.

What should I do now?

Karthis
11-18-2011, 12:50 PM
"What should I do now? "

Not kill people?

rotaugen454
11-18-2011, 12:52 PM
As soon as I entered the Riverhood, I killed a chicken. I didn't know it could be a problem.

Then it said I'm on bounty and some guy attacks me, so I killed him.

The problem is I have a quest about talking to some guy and journal says he would help me but the guy I should talk to attacks me!

And there's X mark on the quest in journal screen. what the hell?

What's the purpose of this game? There should be main stream. I think this quest is it. But I can't clear it.

What should I do now?
How about turning yourself in to the authorities, paying the fine, and then it should clear the "you are a criminal" flag? That's why you can't just randomly attack things, there are consequences. The same thing happened in Elder Scrolls IV.

Sinhealer
11-18-2011, 12:53 PM
You have to pay for your crimes in this game,or behave yourself ;)

You could try entering the town and having a guard come to arrest you,you may have to pay a small fine depending on the crime,either that or spend time in jail,or indeed escape from jail..its all your own choice.

ps

See a Doctor about your tendencies to harm small animals,it could lead to something else in the future ;)

Sm0
11-18-2011, 01:08 PM
If guards attack, sheath your weapon (R) to prevent any further attacks.

Mivo
11-18-2011, 01:11 PM
Next time kill everyone who has witnessed the murder of the chicken within a few minutes after the bounty is posted.

flipflopfloop
11-18-2011, 01:13 PM
Next time kill everyone who has witnessed the murder of the chicken within a few minutes after the bounty is posted.

This, but only the first four words.

frost b1te
11-18-2011, 01:14 PM
Pay the court fine or go to prison if you don't want to lose money.

noman_ex
11-18-2011, 01:24 PM
Just kill them all. Burn the city, kill the men, feed the children and wed the women.

Sinhealer
11-18-2011, 01:25 PM
kill everyone who has witnessed the murder of the chicken

That's a sentence I never thought I would see this written..honestly read it again :)

maroce
11-18-2011, 01:31 PM
hey guys seriously, I can't complete the quest 'Before the Storm : Talk to Alvor in Riverhood'

I walked to kind of village next to the Riverhood and paid the bounty.

And STILL there's X mark left to the quest in journal. Maybe I killed the quest guy too.

Then now what?

masterthehero
11-18-2011, 01:34 PM
restart your damn game and stop killing everyone, you're not that far anyway.

winterforge
11-18-2011, 01:37 PM
Justice for the chicken! Rot in hell you sick bastard! :p

Kexin
11-18-2011, 01:42 PM
Next time stop being a criminal scum and restart. You're only 30 mins in.

Freefall
11-18-2011, 02:35 PM
Consequences in a video game? Oh noes!

Gelbvieh
11-18-2011, 02:56 PM
I think the whole killing off witnesses thing is a bit screwy - I killed a chicken, then killed everyone around it (which gave me a multi-thousand septim bounty) and when I killed the last person who had seen the murder of the chicken, my bounty reset... to the bounty I had from killing the chicken. Not very helpful.

Martin126x
11-18-2011, 04:41 PM
Lawl, this reminds me off the first mistake I did in Morrowind, I was new to the TES series and RPG's in general so the first thing I did was killing a guard, derpy herpy derp.

Ebannaw1
11-18-2011, 04:45 PM
Only in Skyrim are the lives of the almighty chickens protected so frivolously.

Fetti4MyYeti
11-18-2011, 04:48 PM
i remember in Daggerfall (i was like 13-14yrs old) i would play for hours just murking the whole town.....those were the days xD

Espionage724
11-18-2011, 04:52 PM
"What should I do now? "
Not kill people?
If your referring to his first action, he killed a Chicken :p With that said though, he should probably not kill anyone/anything else lol...