PDA

View Full Version : Error 99 on stardock registration

Frugen
11-19-2011, 04:01 PM
Bought this game unaware that it would ask me for some stardock registraiton.

I'm unable to complete this registration process. When I try to register it gives me a message

unhandled error 99

and asks me to contact support@stardock.com

A friend I foolishly bought the game for is having the same issue. I would not recommend buying this game right now as it seems unplayable.

Savant
11-19-2011, 05:38 PM
I picked it up just a couple days ago and had no problem with Stardock. You did enter your CD key duriing registration right?

M|U
11-19-2011, 06:48 PM
I picked it up just a couple days ago and had no problem with Stardock. You did enter your CD key duriing registration right?

Same problem here. I never got to the point where I needed a CD key - it asked me to create a "stardock" account. I tried to do that, and it crapped out with "error 99".

Not impressed at all. Considering asking for a refund. I buy games on steam because it's convenient. If it isn't, then it isn't worth my money.

stormoffires
11-19-2011, 08:01 PM
Passwords to short (untested but im pretty sure someone please test)

OR

go to https://store.stardock.com/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/myaccount
and make an account then login through steam and enter ur serial code itll work.

I had the same problem but fixed it quickly! dont let this stop ya from playin

Frugen
11-19-2011, 08:47 PM
Passwords to short (untested but im pretty sure someone please test)
It's this. Even an 8 character password is too short and their crappy code doesn't tell you that it's too short, it just throws an error and closes.

I tried again with a huge password and it works.

Thanks muchly for the advice stormoffires

Whippersnapper
11-22-2011, 03:25 AM
I hope someone will post about this at the official Sins forum. The Stardock personnel actually read it and will respond, and they'll fix that sort of a problem.

http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com