PDA

View Full Version : Is this like Total War?

Marleyman
11-22-2011, 04:41 AM
Which was great for the Strategy Side of play but very repetitive for the actual battle scenes. What I am hoping for 'Blitzkrieg' style gameplay but with great AI and excellent unit representation on the battlefield. Not one horse = 100 Calvary sort of rubbish.

Sneaksie
11-22-2011, 05:03 AM
The scale is 1:1, so 200 horsemen on strategic map equal to 200 horsemen in a tactical engagement. It plays differently compared to TW on strategic level since it's real-time and more like Mount&Blade. I'm not sure will you find the tactical battles repetitive or not, naturally, they are big part of the game. The sandbox nature of the campaign means you can choose when to fight and when to go for more easy prey (in most cases). For example, if you are likely to loose many men plundering a village or assaulting a castle, you'll need more gold to replenish your losses after it, so the estimated income from this plunder is better to be larger than cost of losses or it will be a pyrrhic victory for you.

gijas04
11-27-2011, 03:49 PM
The sandbox nature of the campaign

There is an actual sandbox campaign from what I read. You have to unlock it by completing the main story campaign first then it unlocks.

Sneaksie
12-01-2011, 06:28 AM
Yes, when you complete the story campaign you become a Landmeister of the entire Order and gain access to diplomacy. If you want, you can enter a cheatcode and gain diplomacy options from the start (all storyline quests will become secondary).

gijas04
12-01-2011, 04:22 PM
If you want, you can enter a cheatcode and gain diplomacy options from the start (all storyline quests will become secondary).

In otherwords, the game opens up like a TW campaign? Can you play any other faction besides the Teutonic Order? And storyline quests basically become optional or side quests?

Sneaksie
12-02-2011, 09:01 AM
It's different to TW campaign since there are no turns, it's more like Mount&Blade with big (hundreds - thousands) armies instead of small warbands. At the moment you can only play the Order, there are plans to make other factions playable and expand the game area via updates or DLCs.
Yes, if you enter the cheatcode all storyline quests become optional. Normally they are useful since they give you a plenty of experience and you can take your time completing them anyway.

gijas04
12-03-2011, 09:40 PM
..if you enter the cheatcode

If you don't mind me asking what is the cheat code? I plan to buy this game soon

Sneaksie
12-04-2011, 09:53 AM
You can press T in the game and type freeplayon But i recommend to play the game normally at first since story battles give you much experience.