PDA

View Full Version : Why Can I not Download This Yet?

Narune
11-22-2011, 07:40 AM
I received my Arkham City code with my new GTX 580, but for some reason I am unable to start downloading the game today after it was officially released. It shows up in my games folder, so what's up?

Edit: Nevermind guys, restarting Steam did the trick.

CTID
11-22-2011, 07:42 AM
Restart Steam, that's what I did and I'm currently installing now.

tjb910
11-22-2011, 07:43 AM
I got mine with my 560 and im having the same problem

stonepilot
11-22-2011, 07:44 AM
I received my Arkham City code with my new GTX 580, but for some reason I am unable to start downloading the game today after it was officially released. It shows up in my games folder, so what's up?

Do you live in United States?

Narune
11-22-2011, 07:48 AM
Do you live in United States?

Yes I do.

stonepilot
11-22-2011, 07:51 AM
Thatīs strange, it should have been unlocked...i hope i dont have the same problem, i got the code from nvidia too, but i live in Europe...i have to wait til 25.

There are guys that are pre-loading the game by puting "steam://install/57400" in the web browser, the game starts downloading that way...

Narune
11-22-2011, 08:17 AM
Thatīs strange, it should have been unlocked...i hope i dont have the same problem, i got the code from nvidia too, but i live in Europe...i have to wait til 25.

There are guys that are pre-loading the game by puting "steam://install/57400" in the web browser, the game starts downloading that way...

I restarted Steam and it started downloading, I'll have to keep that in mind for future releases.

ripetomatoe
11-22-2011, 08:23 AM
I restarted steam and it's still not downloading. I even tried the steam instal site thing and it still didn't work.

chttyby
11-22-2011, 09:02 AM
For those who live outside of US, you can use the steam download link below. Of course, this will be a pre-load for europe region until friday. But the game will be ready on 25th...

steam://install/57400

Eluder79
11-22-2011, 09:03 AM
Restarting fixed this issue for me too... phew.

Ac30
11-22-2011, 09:37 PM
For those who live outside of US, you can use the steam download link below. Of course, this will be a pre-load for europe region until friday. But the game will be ready on 25th...

Thanks, that worked!

amorias
11-22-2011, 10:14 PM
are you sure that this preload will work when the game gets released. I have a download limit on my internet so it would be redundant to download the 16 GB twice if it wended up not working in the end

evolve
11-22-2011, 10:45 PM
are you sure that this preload will work when the game gets released. I have a download limit on my internet so it would be redundant to download the 16 GB twice if it wended up not working in the end

Im playing it here is AUS ATM and i did the preload and it allowed me to unlock it today. But the game isnt available in the steam store in this region atm (they took it down for now) and was set to release on the 25th.

amorias
11-23-2011, 12:12 AM
Im playing it here is AUS ATM and i did the preload and it allowed me to unlock it today. But the game isnt available in the steam store in this region atm (they took it down for now) and was set to release on the 25th.

I am just worried that when i successfully preload it it fails to unlock on the 25th because the data files are of a different region.. i am afraid I might be preloading the us version then it doesn't run on the 25th :)

evolve
11-23-2011, 02:56 AM
the files are the same for every region the game wasnt censored anywhere i dont believe, no need to worry.

HEADi
11-23-2011, 03:27 AM
seems like it is released now in europe. but there is still no way for me to download it. (nvidia code)

the "play now" button at the shop doesnt work for me. hope they will fix it soon.

cfiprolive
11-23-2011, 03:39 AM
seems like it is released now in europe. but there is still no way for me to download it. (nvidia code)

the "play now" button at the shop doesnt work for me. hope they will fix it soon.

Well, same here (UK) with the nvidia code...at least Im not alone :(

stud. iur.
11-23-2011, 03:43 AM
Same problem here. (nvidia code)

How about europeans who have purchased a non nvidia version (steam version)? Do they also have this problem?

cfiprolive
11-23-2011, 03:53 AM
As long as it comes eventually some time in the VERY near future (ready to be played on released date) that's fine by me, dont mind if some can or not...but time is running out soon... 17gb to download !!!

AbsoLooser
11-23-2011, 03:55 AM
Same problem here. (nvidia code)

How about europeans who have purchased a non nvidia version (steam version)? Do they also have this problem?

Well, yes.
It was supposed to be released on 25th, but I got the news, that the release has been shifted on 23rd, today.

At the Library page of the game the "Digital key" line appeared, but there 's no "Play/Download" button.
Even more, when I tried to enter the game page in Store I got "Sorry! The game is unavailable in your region"
WTF?!
In the morning, 4 hours ago everything was fine.
Hope, this is a temporary consequence of sooner European release , and Steam-team will fix it as soon as possible.

stud. iur.
11-23-2011, 03:59 AM
Well, yes.
It was supposed to be released on 25th, but I got the news, that the release has been shifted on 23rd, today.

At the Library page of the game the "Digital key" line appeared, but there 's no "Play/Download" button.
Even more, when I tried to enter the game page in Store I got "Sorry! The game is unavailable in your region"
WTF?!
In the morning, 4 hours ago everything was fine.
Hope, this is a temporary consequence of sooner European release , and Steam-team will fix it as soon as possible.

Yeah probably it is. Thanks for your answer. I thought it is a nvdia exclusvie problem, but seems to be a general problem for all europeans...

DashingDeer
11-23-2011, 04:17 AM

Also used Nvidia code and live in the UK just used this and worked thanks!

LaptopNut
11-23-2011, 06:21 AM
The entire Arkham City release has been a joke since day one. Aside from the delays (for no good reason since game was already Gold), it has disappeared from peoples lists sometimes reappearing, it says UK only suggesting region locks, the countdown for some says in a few hours and then becomes a day, for others it says play now yet when they try they get a region error and for those who do finally get to play the damn thing, they can't use DX11.

UglyGeezer
11-24-2011, 04:57 AM
I have the NVIDIA code and nothings happening for me..

Forgive my dumbness, but how do I go about using this : steam://install/57400

R1ker
11-24-2011, 06:57 AM
Forgive my dumbness, but how do I go about using this : steam://install/57400

Just copy and paste the link into Internet explorer. A window will pop up asking you with what ap to open. Steam should already be the default. Just click on ok and it should start. My game is halfway downloaded already. The download speed will say 0kB/s
but it is downloading.

Edit: Just read in another forum that this might be buggy. Apparently when it unlocks the download start all over again.

UglyGeezer
11-24-2011, 07:34 AM
Just copy and paste the link into Internet explorer. A window will pop up asking you with what ap to open. Steam should already be the default. Just click on ok and it should start. My game is halfway downloaded already. The download speed will say 0kB/s
but it is downloading.

Edit: Just read in another forum that this might be buggy. Apparently when it unlocks the download start all over again.

Thank you, just tried and it didn't work.... worth a punt though. Seems daft that such a large game wont let me pre-load.
No sweat I suppose, as long as there's no hassle when (if?) it does unlock.

LatR317
11-24-2011, 01:03 PM
Well, I am with ya there Geezer. I did the pre-load yesterday. The last date I saw on steam that I would be able to download/install the game was the 25th. It is now after midnight (early morning on the 25th) here in Vietnam, and no change. In my game library, it still says not yet released, but if I look the CD key is there. No luck getting it to load or play though. In my opinion, someone has really hosed up the release on this one!!! Doubt that I will ever be doing a pre-purchase of a game after this experience with this one. This sucks!!!!

R1ker
11-24-2011, 11:18 PM
Well, I am with ya there Geezer. I did the pre-load yesterday. The last date I saw on steam that I would be able to download/install the game was the 25th. It is now after midnight (early morning on the 25th) here in Vietnam, and no change. In my game library, it still says not yet released, but if I look the CD key is there. No luck getting it to load or play though. In my opinion, someone has really hosed up the release on this one!!! Doubt that I will ever be doing a pre-purchase of a game after this experience with this one. This sucks!!!!

Luckily this morning when I logged in I have seen that my version is unlocked. It was still busy downloading. But by the time I get home this afternoon it should be done. The pre-load thing luckily worked for me.

catadrk
11-24-2011, 11:21 PM
Still no install button for me :/

Tinman5751
11-24-2011, 11:29 PM
ok can aynone tell me how i can get a refund from steam? its almost 9 am here and i dont get any freakin download option yet!!

Limonov
11-24-2011, 11:36 PM
Try to redeem the cdkey in GFWL

msmatis
11-24-2011, 11:54 PM
In my library game have just "Coming soon" label and I dont have option see cdkey when I click by right mouse button on game:(

Vayne4800
11-25-2011, 12:04 AM
In my library game have just "Coming soon" label and I dont have option see cdkey when I click by right mouse button on game:(

Same thing here. Funny thing is that there is no other release date for this game. So what gives...

catadrk
11-25-2011, 12:11 AM
I don't even have that, just a blank space. It's already the 25th in the US so what gives?