PDA

View Full Version : This game needs patching asap.

SinisterSixx
11-22-2011, 09:23 AM
besides delaying the game for no reason at all, we cant even play on dx11, because of the game bugs and the constant stuttering, i can play with dx11 off fine and some physics but its just not the way it was intendet to be.

Nose Nuggets
11-22-2011, 09:35 AM
delaying the PC release to increase console sales is not "no reason at all". For the sake of marketing and investors, its a particularly good reason as a matter of fact.

as for the issues, we can hope they will provide a patch soon. having it before thanksgiving is probably unlikely, though. As for now, you get to play it the same way the people on consoles get to play it.

Domingo_X
11-22-2011, 09:36 AM
Yeah, it's definitely a buggy mess right now. I know of a few places trying to prepare reviews, but the game is crashing so much they can't even get that far.
After AA, which was almost bulletproof out of the box, this is one of the biggest letdowns in recent memory.

Nose Nuggets
11-22-2011, 09:37 AM
Yeah, it's definitely a buggy mess right now. I know of a few places trying to prepare reviews, but the game is crashing so much they can't even get that far.
After AA, which was almost bulletproof out of the box, this is one of the biggest letdowns in recent memory.

you must lead an absolutely fantastic life if the biggest letdown in recent memory is a video game being released with some bugs.

AeonGrey
11-22-2011, 09:43 AM
you must lead an absolutely fantastic life if the biggest letdown in recent memory is a video game being released with some bugs.

I wouldn't be so eager to imply that people are losers with life priorities out of whack because they say they are "let down". You're on a game forum. People are talking about these things in the context of the gaming aspect of their lives. No reason to assume this guy is talking about it in any sense other than that.

Nose Nuggets
11-22-2011, 09:44 AM
I wouldn't be so eager to imply that people are losers with life priorities out of whack because they say they are "let down". You're on a game forum. People are talking about these things in the context of the gaming aspect of their lives. No reason to assume this guy is talking about it in any sense other than that.

Yes, how dare i address the statement he did make, as apposed to the statement someone can assume he is trying to make.

Domingo_X
11-22-2011, 09:46 AM
Seriously. This is a gaming forum. It's not like I'm putting this in context of world events.
There have been quite a few problematic game releases this year (Dead Island, Crysis 2, Rage, etc.) but this one takes the cake in my eyes.
It isn't just consolized, buggy, or disappointing...it's flat out broken and a poor excuse for a retail product.

palillos1337
11-22-2011, 09:47 AM
Yes, how dare i address the statement he did make, as apposed to the statement someone can assume he is trying to make.

its obvious he means in gaming, why be so cynical? you must live an absolutely horrible life.

Nose Nuggets
11-22-2011, 09:50 AM
Seriously. This is a gaming forum. It's not like I'm putting this in context of world events.
There have been quite a few problematic game releases this year (Dead Island, Crysis 2, Rage, etc.) but this one takes the cake in my eyes.
It isn't just consolized, buggy, or disappointing...it's flat out broken and a poor excuse for a retail product.

turning off DX11 fixes the game for most people. some people dont have issues at all with DX11. so, maybe the game is broken for you. but to make a blanket statement that its flat out broken is incorrect.

its obvious he means in gaming, why be so cynical? you must live an absolutely horrible life.

im just remarking on the absurdity of the statement, nothing more.

palillos1337
11-22-2011, 09:55 AM
having to turn off features of a game in order to make it work sounds pretty broken to me

Nose Nuggets
11-22-2011, 10:00 AM
having to turn off features of a game in order to make it work sounds pretty broken to me

And you are welcome to your opinion. But being able to play the game the exact same way people on consoles play the game doesn't sound too broken to me. so you cant play with some extra lighting and visual stuff right now, its not as though the entire game is ruined.

wsgroves
11-22-2011, 10:07 AM
And you are welcome to your opinion. But being able to play the game the exact same way people on consoles play the game doesn't sound too broken to me. so you cant play with some extra lighting and visual stuff right now, its not as though the entire game is ruined.

Yea I love this new SRT8 Hemi Charger that I bought...cept the only problem is...its stuck in cylinder deactivation mode.
Guess since its working at all I should be happy right?
lol

Hopefully a patch comes soon.

palillos1337
11-22-2011, 10:08 AM
And you are welcome to your opinion. But being able to play the game the exact same way people on consoles play the game doesn't sound too broken to me. so you cant play with some extra lighting and visual stuff right now, its not as though the entire game is ruined. yes it is, GAAAHRHRHRHR

but seriously, i didn't buy a pc so i could play games the same way consoles do. if i wanted that, i would buy the game for ps3.

palillos1337
11-22-2011, 10:09 AM
Yea I love this new SRT8 Hemi Charger that I bought...cept the only problem is...its stuck in cylinder deactivation mode.
lol

i was totally going to make a car analogy but decided against it. i applaud you

Nose Nuggets
11-22-2011, 10:10 AM
lol

If your SRT8 cost as much as a 4 cylinder Dakota then you might have a somewhat comparable hypothetical.

but then again, not everyone has dx11 problems, so it kind of goes out the window.

wsgroves
11-22-2011, 10:13 AM
i was totally going to make a car analogy but decided against it. i applaud you

Yea, all kidding aside though, I think we just want it to work ASAP.
I am about to rename this game to Batman: The Waiting Game.

Wait for release...wait again for release...wait for download...wait for patch...
/shrug
Not sure if its a gfx driver or what is needed but hopefully it will come...ahem, soon.

Nose Nuggets
11-22-2011, 10:13 AM
yes it is, GAAAHRHRHRHR

but seriously, i didn't buy a pc so i could play games the same way consoles do. if i wanted that, i would buy the game for ps3.

look, im not making excuses for rocksteady, im trying to explain the reality of the situation. They made tons of money of this and the last batman game, they will likely patch it. but not everyone has dx11 problems, though i feel for your plight.

palillos1337
11-22-2011, 10:14 AM
If your SRT8 cost as much as a 4 cylinder Dakota then you might have a somewhat comparable hypothetical.

but then again, not everyone has dx11 problems, so it kind of goes out the window.

who doesn't have dx11 problems? i don't see anyone.

Nose Nuggets

Wait for release...wait again for release...wait for download...wait for patch...
/shrug
Not sure if its a gfx driver or what is needed but hopefully it will come...ahem, soon.

after thanksgiving would be my guess.

Nose Nuggets
who doesn't have dx11 problems? i don't see anyone.

they are all too busy playing the fing game.

palillos1337
11-22-2011, 10:15 AM

/shrug

agreed.

wsgroves
after thanksgiving would be my guess.

Me too Nose. I doubt it will be anytime soon.

edit..not that a day or 2 is not soon....but we have waited enough imho.

palillos1337

or they are just playing the game with lag and stutter and not complaining about it.

Nose Nuggets
11-22-2011, 10:23 AM
Me too Nose. I doubt it will be anytime soon.

edit..not that a day or 2 is not soon....but we have waited enough imho.

the wait up until now is moot though. the delay, what ever the real reason (likely sales padding as i noted earlier) is still time the game is not in the wild. it the public availability and the fact that there are now 1,500 people playing the PC game on STEAM alone that brings many of these issues to light. the internal testing scope is usually very, very small by comparison.

consoles on the other hand have virtually zero release day issues because its a single hardware set. everything is the same on every console.

Applekid
11-22-2011, 10:57 AM
Some people should be happy they can even launch the game at all.

QuasarBallz
11-22-2011, 10:59 AM
game runs fine here on max on an ancient 4850 with phisics off

kenpojujitsu3
11-22-2011, 11:00 AM

Because you don't have a DX11 card... DX9 is reported to run fine.

TheSlamma
11-22-2011, 11:04 AM
"hopefully a patch comes soon"

I have a bridge for sale

MunkiLord
11-22-2011, 11:05 AM
delaying the PC release to increase console sales is not "no reason at all". For the sake of marketing and investors, its a particularly good reason as a matter of fact.

You're right that is likely what it is. Though I wonder if they told their investors it would be releasing less than a month after MW3, BF3, Skyrim, LA Noire, and Saints Row.

Now they will have to wait to get my money until after I'm done with some of those games and Mass Effect 3(and my replay of ME1 and ME2 to get ready for ME3). Which likely means next year during the summer seal, or when a GOTY Edition goes on sale.

Mikey-
11-22-2011, 11:31 AM

Do people have any clue at all about day one sales? Apparently not. Most triple A titles sell well in excess of one hundred thousand copies, day one, and often the numbers are much higher than that. We're seeing a smattering of people complaining here. When something works, you don't rush to a forum and start posting about it, you play the damned game.

Also, in the other forum, one guy posted that DX 11 was working for him, and all he got was liar, troll, show us the proof. Who needs that? Let the haters hate. As is typically the case, I'm seeing a core group of about fifty people here. They're going to post over and over again and just disrupt every thread during their noble campaign of hatred. Yeah, forums, these days, are pretty much a joke.

Mikey-
11-22-2011, 11:32 AM

You're not allowed to post a positive comment at this forum.

palillos1337
11-22-2011, 11:44 AM
Do people have any clue at all about day one sales? Apparently not. Most triple A titles sell well in excess of one hundred thousand copies, day one, and often the numbers are much higher than that. We're seeing a smattering of people complaining here. When something works, you don't rush to a forum and start posting about it, you play the damned game.

Also, in the other forum, one guy posted that DX 11 was working for him, and all he got was liar, troll, show us the proof. Who needs that? Let the haters hate. As is typically the case, I'm seeing a core group of about fifty people here. They're going to post over and over again and just disrupt every thread during their noble campaign of hatred. Yeah, forums, these days, are pretty much a joke. someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.

QuasarBallz
11-22-2011, 12:05 PM
Because you don't have a DX11 card... DX9 is reported to run fine.
true, but i will always choose dx9 maybe dx10 and run it without problems than to see dx11 with an extra spark or extra flying paper with all the ♥♥♥♥ty freezes,stutter and so on

Moragami
11-22-2011, 12:06 PM
or they are just playing the game with lag and stutter and not complaining about it.yeah, that's a reasonable assumption. Dude, you are a total baby.

Nose Nuggets
11-22-2011, 12:07 PM
You're right that is likely what it is. Though I wonder if they told their investors it would be releasing less than a month after MW3, BF3, Skyrim, LA Noire, and Saints Row.

Now they will have to wait to get my money until after I'm done with some of those games and Mass Effect 3(and my replay of ME1 and ME2 to get ready for ME3). Which likely means next year during the summer seal, or when a GOTY Edition goes on sale.

The numbers of interest are not always comparative. They are less concerned with how it did compared to Skyrim, and more concerned with what their game sold. Just because i bought Skyrim doesn't mean i am any less likely to buy Batman.

I don't have a complete grasp on the why of it all, mainly because i just don't care that much. But i do know that there is marketing and financial reasons for limiting the PC release to increase console sales. And i know one of the reasons for this is because console sales put PC sales to shame, and its beneficial to try and squeeze as much into the console sales figures as possible.

Also, in the other forum, one guy posted that DX 11 was working for him, and all he got was liar, troll, show us the proof. Who needs that? Let the haters hate. As is typically the case, I'm seeing a core group of about fifty people here. They're going to post over and over again and just disrupt every thread during their noble campaign of hatred. Yeah, forums, these days, are pretty much a joke.

Indeed.

kenpojujitsu3
11-22-2011, 12:16 PM
true, but i will always choose dx9 maybe dx10 and run it without problems than to see dx11 with an extra spark or extra flying paper with all the ♥♥♥♥ty freezes,stutter and so on

You won't choose because you have no choice. Game runs fine on DX9, has issues in DX11 by most accounts on several forums. You can't run DX11 because of your hardware so you run the game fine as expected on the only option you have.

.:|EndeR|:.
11-22-2011, 12:21 PM

Actually, I've been watching forums, seeing if other people were having problems and whether or not there was a fix for it, but I wasn't posting anything, even though I'm having the same problems with DX11. I only started posting after seeing users like you claiming that this is only affecting a small number of people (the exact same thing Rocksteady's PR is probably going to say). Assuming that everyone who doesn't post is off in wonderland playing their perfectly functioning copy of the game is incredibly narrow sighted.

Also to assume that the game sold that many copies is also a massive assumption: the only data we have is Steam stats and I haven't seen number of players playing go over 2,000 players. I think that sales for this version are going to be relatively low, just as Rocksteady intended them to be, but of course there's no way of knowing this.

This game is having problems beyond the average stable of bugs that most games have. If everyone here was having random issues, effecting various things, I might be inclined to agree with you; however, it seems that there is one major, common issue that everyone is having and that is completely ♥♥♥♥ performance with DX11 on. The fact of the matter is that Rocksteady did a poor job of implementing DX11 (my guess is because they don't give a ♥♥♥♥ about the PC version). I suppose I should tell my cousin who has been having the same stuttering issues with the game that turning DX11 off will fix them...and he hasn't been posting in forums either.

SinisterSixx
11-22-2011, 03:08 PM
dx9 + phys x runs very smooth.

Timthos
11-22-2011, 03:11 PM
Set DirectX 11 features to off. Game works perfectly.

Why are we acting like this is the end of the world? Did no one here play Metro 2033 or Dragon Age 2 at release?

MunkiLord
11-22-2011, 05:16 PM
I played DA2 at release! Got 75% through the game the was bored. Haven't touched it since!

Flugelhorn
11-22-2011, 08:35 PM
Just for the record, Dx 11 is not working for me.

AMD 5970HD X2 Crossfire
Intel core i7 CPU X980 3.33GHz
Windows 7 64 bit
etc, blah blah, your momma.

I have only myself to blame for buying AMD.

Dx 9 works fine. With this machine I expect to be able to do more than what a technology released in 2002 can do. I expect to do considerably more than a console with 6 year old tech behind it. Again, I have only myself to blame for unreasonable expectations. Fool me once...!

AMD sucks. Before you say anything, here is a preemptive "AMD Fan-boys suck!" as well.

That is all.

BuckarooBanzai
11-22-2011, 09:13 PM
And you are welcome to your opinion.

a statement based on a simple fact isnt an opinion...its a fact. seriously, whats your issue dude. you sound uber jaded, do you come to game forums to flame people to compensate or what?

also dx11 is broken fairly consistently, im sure not everyone is having an issue but I sure as hell am and I'm using a gtx580 with 3 gigs of memory with a 6 core cpu running at 4ghz. gtx580...you know...the card with batman printed on the side of it? if it cant run correctly on the flagship card for the game and its advertised uber features theres a ♥♥♥♥ing problem.

dragonmaster31
11-22-2011, 09:30 PM
Just for the record, Dx 11 is not working for me.

AMD 5970HD X2 Crossfire
Intel core i7 CPU X980 3.33GHz
Windows 7 64 bit
etc, blah blah, your momma.

I have only myself to blame for buying AMD.

Dx 9 works fine. With this machine I expect to be able to do more than what a technology released in 2002 can do. I expect to do considerably more than a console with 6 year old tech behind it. Again, I have only myself to blame for unreasonable expectations. Fool me once...!

AMD sucks. Before you say anything, here is a preemptive "AMD Fan-boys suck!" as well.

That is all.

Dude I've got a Nvidia card and I can't even play with DX11 on. Its not a graphics card/driver problem, its a dev problem.

dragonmaster31
11-22-2011, 09:33 PM
not a good sign when right out of the gate something they have been advertising their asses off doesn't even ♥♥♥♥ing work lol. So where they jerking off for the last part of the month or what?

SinisterSixx
11-22-2011, 09:34 PM
Dude I've got a Nvidia card and I can't even play with DX11 on. Its not a graphics card/driver problem, its a dev problem.

its a we dont know how soon the patch comes kinda problem.

dragonmaster31
11-22-2011, 09:36 PM
its a we dont know how soon the patch comes kinda problem.

Just trying to say that its not AMD's fault, this one is solely one Rockstar.

nagumo999
11-22-2011, 10:08 PM
Actually, I've been watching forums, seeing if other people were having problems and whether or not there was a fix for it, but I wasn't posting anything, even though I'm having the same problems with DX11. I only started posting after seeing users like you claiming that this is only affecting a small number of people (the exact same thing Rocksteady's PR is probably going to say). Assuming that everyone who doesn't post is off in wonderland playing their perfectly functioning copy of the game is incredibly narrow sighted.

Also to assume that the game sold that many copies is also a massive assumption: the only data we have is Steam stats and I haven't seen number of players playing go over 2,000 players. I think that sales for this version are going to be relatively low, just as Rocksteady intended them to be, but of course there's no way of knowing this.

This game is having problems beyond the average stable of bugs that most games have. If everyone here was having random issues, effecting various things, I might be inclined to agree with you; however, it seems that there is one major, common issue that everyone is having and that is completely ♥♥♥♥ performance with DX11 on. The fact of the matter is that Rocksteady did a poor job of implementing DX11 (my guess is because they don't give a ♥♥♥♥ about the PC version). I suppose I should tell my cousin who has been having the same stuttering issues with the game that turning DX11 off will fix them...and he hasn't been posting in forums either.

The developers have acknowledged it's a DX11 issue.

http://community.batmanarkhamcity.com/forums/showthread.php/10585-PC-DirectX-11-Issues-Please-Read?sf2603058=1

We have received reports of performance issues from players of Batman: Arkham City on PC. After researching the matter, we found that running the game with DX 11 is causing the performance issues. We’re working on a title update to address this matter and expect to make it available in the near future.

In the meantime, a workaround for this issue is to run the game with DX 9 instead of DX 11. Instructions on how to turn off DX 11 are listed below.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience with your gameplay experience and thank you all for your patience as we work to resolve this issue.

It's nothing imaginary. The developers admit to a poor implementation of DX11 features causing issues for many people. I've yet to experience any of the issues with other games that utilize DX11 that I have in Batman. One of the more recent DX11 titles, Battlefield 3, runs flawlessly with every option maxed out. Even older less optimized titles like Metro 2033 work just fine.

dragonmaster31
11-22-2011, 10:14 PM
The developers have acknowledged it's a DX11 issue.

http://community.batmanarkhamcity.com/forums/showthread.php/10585-PC-DirectX-11-Issues-Please-Read?sf2603058=1

It's nothing imaginary. The developers admit to a poor implementation of DX11 features causing issues for many people. I've yet to experience any of the issues with other games that utilize DX11 that I have in Batman. One of the more recent DX11 titles, Battlefield 3, runs flawlessly with every option maxed out. Even older less optimized titles like Metro 2033 work just fine.

Lets just hope they patch it :(. BF3 was also more optimized engine wise, as weird as that is to say. Ow I hope how soon Dice ditches EA, Bioware would be wise to do the same as well. EA is running all of their franchises into the ground.

Data87
11-22-2011, 10:37 PM
Lets just hope they patch it :(. BF3 was also more optimized engine wise, as weird as that is to say. Ow I hope how soon Dice ditches EA, Bioware would be wise to do the same as well. EA is running all of their franchises into the ground.

You do realize that EA own both DICE and Bioware, right?

dragonmaster31
11-22-2011, 11:58 PM
You do realize that EA own both DICE and Bioware, right?

They own them? Well ♥♥♥♥ :(. I thought they where just under contract kinda like how Bungie use to be with Microsoft.

sethius777
11-23-2011, 03:34 AM
Game is broken to me. And the sad thing is it seems i'm the only one having this issue. My pc freezes during cutscenes. It's like a chance of 75% of this happening. I don't know what to do...