PDA

View Full Version : 1 GB download after installing retail

viraeus
11-22-2011, 11:43 AM
Seriously (no pun intended)... this is quite annoying -.-

predcon
11-22-2011, 12:01 PM
There's a retail disc version? Do you live in the US? Or do you mean you bought it from somewhere other than Steam? Because, I've only seen the Digital version at other retailers like Gamestop.

viraeus
11-22-2011, 12:04 PM
There's a retail disc version? Do you live in the US? Or do you mean you bought it from somewhere other than Steam? Because, I've only seen the Digital version at other retailers like Gamestop.

I'm from austria and just bought the retail disc version today (which uses steamworks, and installed about 3 GB from the disc)

MADDOGGE
11-22-2011, 12:06 PM
You don't know when the discs were pressed and the Croteam and the bata testers worked up until release bug testing and polishing.

Retail is currently only in limited areas. I think Amazon UK had the disc version while Amazon us did not.

alenl
11-22-2011, 12:18 PM
It depends on when each retailer had to print the disks. Those retailers who printed more ahead of time naturally couldn't get all the latest files on the disk.

viraeus
11-22-2011, 12:26 PM
It depends on when each retailer had to print the disks. Those retailers who printed more ahead of time naturally couldn't get all the latest files on the disk.

Thanks for the info.
Now I just have to repeat "patience" in my head... over and over again.