PDA

View Full Version : 1st bug encountered - Melee teleport

Xyphious
11-22-2011, 11:09 AM
Anyone else had this issue? Running towards an enemy I get about 15 yards away and the melee light up, if you hit it you teleport to the enemies feet and kick them (well you kick the purple grunts anyway)

I'm guessing there is a mid point animation that's not triggering or the button prompt is firing too early

GepardenK
11-22-2011, 11:12 AM
Hmm,
I actually think its intended that way, unless it looks really really stupid that is. They dont want overlong melee animations to ruin the flow of the game or something, that includes running up close to the enemy

MADDOGGE
11-22-2011, 11:17 AM
If you think it's a bug report it, so the guys can check it out.

Xyphious
11-22-2011, 01:19 PM
If you think it's a bug report it, so the guys can check it out.

Good call but where does one report such things? Can't find a contact us section or form on their site

Rawex
11-22-2011, 02:14 PM
Yea i would have to agree on that, the Melee range seems to be a bit too long, in times it kinda does feel like a small teleport.

Dave3d
11-22-2011, 02:20 PM
Report it here:
http://forums.seriouszone.com/forumdisplay.php?f=447

They should have an SS3 tech support forum real soon.

Denton22
11-22-2011, 02:20 PM
In fact you can just kill a hord of weak enemys with just pressing "e" the range is just too long.

Rawex
11-22-2011, 02:36 PM
Report it here:
http://forums.seriouszone.com/forumdisplay.php?f=447

They should have an SS3 tech support forum real soon.

Thank you very much.

alenl
11-22-2011, 02:43 PM
And what's wrong with that? Is it not a satisfying experience? ;)

kenjara
11-22-2011, 02:52 PM
In fact you can just kill a hord of weak enemys with just pressing "e" the range is just too long.

Then the difficulty you are playing is on is too easy. It does not work on higher difficulties trust me.

Amy
11-22-2011, 02:53 PM

Nothing's wrong, i freaking love it! Keep it like that!

PGuybrush
11-22-2011, 02:54 PM
I'm playing on Serious. The animations are very satisfying, but the range is a little too long. Perhaps consider dialing back the range a by 30% or so.

Rawex
11-22-2011, 02:59 PM

well personally i think the length seems a bit overwhelming and that might in my opinion make it abit "overpowered", when you take the fact into calculation, that there is nothing that can interrupt and or disturb the chance in getting a perfect melee kill, not to mention the speed of triggering each melee attack allso seems alittle overwhelming, standing and spamming Execute melee Attack against melee monsters, just feels like finishing them too easy and too quick without any real trouble.

but i have allso only tried the first few Chapters and are expecting alot bigger hords against me, which should make melee attacks abit more difficult, but i will have to comment back on that tomorrow, btw allso playing with a broken finger and on normal mode, heh might be why i've prefered using the melee button abit more ^^

Rawex.

MADDOGGE
11-22-2011, 03:07 PM
but i have allso only tried the first few Chapters and are expecting alot bigger hords against me, which should make melee attacks abit more difficult.You have no idea, muhahahahaha

Squishpoke
11-22-2011, 10:35 PM
I have higher FOV than normal, so there is noticeable teleporting going on. I'd divide the melee range by half, but lemme get farther in the game to make the conclusion.

Maybe some enemies are too hard to take down with melee, so the higher melee range helps.

Denton22
11-22-2011, 10:45 PM
I dont say its OP, but the range is kind of tooo long seriously,just turn it down, that you dont tele-frag everyone. It would be a great attack when you have to reload , but now you just press e and you are on the other side of the map....

Polantaris
11-22-2011, 10:47 PM
I have to agree that it's a tad too large...but think about the fact that you have to get close in the first place, which means you probably would have taken more damage than you would have just staying back.

Squishpoke
11-22-2011, 11:39 PM
I have to agree that it's a tad too large...but think about the fact that you have to get close in the first place, which means you probably would have taken more damage than you would have just staying back.

It should be used as a last ditch effort anyways.

Locclo
11-22-2011, 11:59 PM
It's such a satisfying way to take down kleers, though.

It's the one thing that's keeping me from playing in third-person. It looks awkward as hell to see Sam teleporting around the battlefield, insta-gibbing enemies in melee range. And there's no way it's OP unless you're on a lower difficulty. Unless there's just the one enemy, the animation is long enough that anything in the general vicinity is going to get a few extra shots on you when you go in for the kill.

Kiljoy66
11-23-2011, 12:34 AM
Hmm, MY only complaint with the melee kills is there is no audio cue to go along with them, when I first snapped my first arachnoid neck or clone neck I was hoping to hear a nice CRACK, what I got was...nothing, just nothing, was saddened by this. Didn't feel satisfying at all with no sound that and it's so fast you really don't see what happens to the clone, just looks like he grabs the neck and lets go.