PDA

View Full Version : Game mechanic question: Commander skills

Demogorgin
11-22-2011, 12:48 PM
I'm trying to decide on how to upgrade my commander but unsure how skills effect my army exactly. For example, if I put a point into Defensive skill the description says that improves evasion; is that evasion just for my commander unit and his knights or the whole army.

Also if I upgrade melee skill which improves melee units in my army, I do not see any noticeable improvement when I start a battle. I saved up 5 commander skill points for example and put them all into melee skill and started a battle to see if two handed axmen had improved stats, but I didn't notice any difference in stats than before upgrading commander skill.

Some clarification on how some of these commander skill upgrades affect the army would be much appreciated, thanks.

Sneaksie
11-23-2011, 03:24 AM
Commander skills apply to the entire army unless stated otherwise (hover the mouse cursor over the skill name to see its description).

Bonus you receive from a skill applies in the game, but is not visible in unit stats yet, this will be implemented slightly later.

Developers also suggest improving these skills at the beginning: experience, trophies, healing, capacity, speed.

Demogorgin
11-23-2011, 07:01 AM
Thanks for the information and tips.

bcasner50
12-17-2011, 08:22 AM
Of the commander skills I've been putting mine pretty much into increasing skill points of my warriors and hero after battles. Each 5% I put in is noticeable in their performance... Now if I could only get some gold to help them to upgrade!