PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts so far

GepardenK
11-22-2011, 03:11 PM
So far this game is F*****g epic!

Been playing on serious difficulty. Not many deaths so far, but I have been cherishing every little health pill and piece of armour I've found - just the way I like it.

The first enemy to bring me down was the very first Juvenile Antaresian spider you meet. He kinda suprised me when I was busy with some of the smaller ones.

Love the slow paced feel of the second level. While nothing can beat an all out Serious Sam battle with hundreds of foes I like how Croteam decided to split things up a bit. It really adds to variety. Sam3 does NOT feel like just another Serious Sam HD like many of us fans feared.

The only thing I dont like so far is that some things are done automaticly when they really shouldnt be. I'm talking about how Sam holds his sledgehammer over his head when enemies are near (I'd like to do that myself by holding down the fire button) and how the flashlight goes on and off by itself depending on how dark it is.

Biggest impression so far:
Kleers are seriously scary this time around!

Rawex
11-22-2011, 03:28 PM
So far this game is F*****g epic!

Been playing on serious difficulty. Not many deaths so far, but I have been cherishing every little health pill and piece of armour I've found - just the way I like it.

The first enemy to bring me down was the very first Juvenile Antaresian spider you meet. He kinda suprised me when I was busy with some of the smaller ones.

Love the slow paced feel of the second level. While nothing can beat an all out Serious Sam battle with hundreds of foes I like how Croteam decided to split things up a bit. It really adds to variety. Sam3 does NOT feel like just another Serious Sam HD like many of us fans feared.

The only thing I dont like so far is that some things are done automaticly when they really shouldnt be. I'm talking about how Sam holds his sledgehammer over his head when enemies are near (I'd like to do that myself by holding down the fire button) and how the flashlight goes on and off by itself depending on how dark it is.

Biggest impression so far:
Kleers are seriously scary this time around!

Totally agree with you, i have yet tried playing it on Serious, but that's because, i got a finger wrapped up atm and im abit handicapped ^^ so going through on Normal to start with and i have to take a break around every 30 min hahh, pretty intense and thats how i like it ^^ even with a bit of pain, hell can't wait on trying out the Serious Mode, gotta do it tomorrow ;P

Dave3d
11-22-2011, 03:31 PM
... and how the flashlight goes on and off by itself depending on how dark it is.

Ooooh.
I actually LIKE that feature (or, I will once I get off work and can play the game).
I didnt know about that.
Kudos, CroTeam.

The_woo_man12
11-22-2011, 03:37 PM
Good to hear you are enjoying it :)

I will be joining you soon! Downloads at 75%!!! not too long now lol

GepardenK
11-22-2011, 04:16 PM
Just want to add that the soundquality is on a whole other level than most games. It really is superb - from the chilling zombie mumblings to the satisfying echo of reloading a gun indoors.

Been having a blast with the new sprinting and aiming btw. I think Croteam was really wise in implementing them. I had so much fun shooting spiders and kamakazies through my aimed pistol that it actually felt wierd not being able to aim when i finnaly got the shotgun.

The second level feels like a crazy child between Doom and Half-life. Its some real old school fun and a pleasant diversion from the massive Serious Sam battles.

I recomend setting FOV to 90 by using the console, standard setting is way too narrow. This is unfortunate as I belive some people coming from SamHD will think this game feels wierd without really knowing why. Hope Croteam adds a FOV setting in the menu

The_woo_man12
11-22-2011, 04:20 PM
Just want to add that the soundquality is on a whole other level than most games. It really is superb - from the chilling zombie mumblings to the satisfying echo of reloading a gun indoors.

Been having a blast with the new sprinting and aiming btw. I think Croteam was really wise in implementing them. I had so much fun shooting spiders and kamakazies through my aimed pistol that it actually felt wierd not being able to aim when i finnaly got the shotgun.

The second level feels like a crazy child between Doom and Half-life. Its some real old school fun and a pleasant diversion from the massive Serious Sam battles.

I recomend setting FOV to 90 by using the console, standard setting is way too narrow. This is unfortunate as I belive some people coming from SamHD will think this game feels wierd without really knowing why. Hope Croteam adds a FOV setting in the menu

I plan on using my turtle beach headset with this game when it finishes downloading :D I'll be sure to change the FOV if I need to

Downloads at 87% but it literilly just changed from being constant 200-204 kbp/s and its gone down to 129kbp/s.. I hate it when downloads on steam slow down when its so close to completing

Even got a big joint rolled up for when download is complete :D

noko
11-22-2011, 04:39 PM
My first impressions, game is AWESOME! It has a feel of a classic glame, true to the original but better. Won't know until I play through it most or all the way. Two thumbs up.

chris_coma
11-22-2011, 05:02 PM
That modern elements suits game so well. And different approach to pace of game is f**king epic.
A lot of fun for the first 5 levels I've done by now.
Some cons for now:
Visuals is a bit outdated and all... but actually I don't care.
Lack of proper checkpoints here and there, some issues with existing ones.
Some design and item position issues.
Deagle and pump-action shotgun is so underpowered (and accuracy of shotgun is damn so low, so feels like spitting water...)
There is no splitscreen+online (only separate splitscreen and separate network)... and too few multiplayer maps...

but that all can be fixed. I'm looking forward to some patches, croteam supported SSHD well, so it won't be a problem.

Ghroth
11-22-2011, 05:16 PM
50% complete and clicking along at 1.5 MB. Cannot wait to play this!!!