PDA

View Full Version : Distant Stars

Ryatboss
11-22-2011, 07:02 PM
Welcome one and all. I would like to introduce you to Distant Stars for Sins of a Solar Empire. Primarily an enhancment mod, we have increased research, more planets, stronger capital ships, bigger fleets and others things. I hope you enjoy this mod as much as we have had making it.

Distant Stars - http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/335474

huntakilla
11-22-2011, 08:50 PM
this is the best mod out there for this game, everyone should get it!

fileosoft
11-23-2011, 03:04 AM
this is the best mod out there for this game, everyone should get it!

It is unfair for the other mods... Distant star is a must have because the mod use all the graphic enhancement who exist, somehow balance the game a little more without adding any new races... i like very much the planetary defense where ground to space missile kill the annoying siege frigate...

Once you master sins, once you master distant Star... it is time to try other universe :

-Based on series or game : from Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, Star war, Halo ( not yet public release, beta stage ), Stargate, Babylon 5, etc...
-based on fully original races or total conversion... best one, not yet released is called "Dawn Of Victory"... a video with the features from these mod can be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZy86v4a5ek...

For these who don't know me ( i am new on Steam forum ), i am a soase freelance modeler... for example, the captain Harlock Arcadia ship used by pirate in the DS mod is from me... have made model for the B5 mod, Star war mod, Stargate mod, etc...

Soase is very moddable and because it is almost 4 year old, a huge amount of patch have make it mature... there is numerous mods out these for please everybody... good for years of fun...

huntakilla
11-23-2011, 03:20 AM
I just want rebellion already... I enjoy the starwars mod as well but it feels lacking compared to distant stars.

wrath89
11-23-2011, 10:11 AM
fileosoft, you're Thoumsin right?

Rechar
11-23-2011, 10:49 AM
DS is definitely one of the best, also partial to Sacrifice of Angels too.

fileosoft
11-23-2011, 10:54 AM
fileosoft, you're Thoumsin right?

Yes...

anandus
11-27-2011, 01:54 PM
Just bought the game and heard about this mod.

But I also read there were problems with the version? 1.32 vs 1.34 or something?
Is this mod still compatible?

Ryatboss
11-27-2011, 02:30 PM
Just bought the game and heard about this mod.

But I also read there were problems with the version? 1.32 vs 1.34 or something?
Is this mod still compatible?

Well the update from 1.32 to 1.34 was mostly Mutliplayer and Steam. The main damage sustained was menu goofs. You couldn't quit the game. That said, Stant123 has put out an update that fixes this and we almost have an official update out.

facepoppies
11-30-2011, 04:53 PM
Okay, so I've downloaded distant stars but I don't know how to install it and I can't find instructions anywhere. can anybody help?

fileosoft
11-30-2011, 07:52 PM
http://soase.weebly.com/placing-mods.html

someidiot777
11-30-2011, 11:36 PM
Not sure what I did wrong.

It keeps freezing for a short period of time in the game and creates some type of mini dumps.

I not sure what I should do, advice?

Ryatboss
12-01-2011, 05:40 AM
Well, information would be a start.
Are you running Diplomacy.exe?
What is your checksum number? (Found in the upper right hand corner of the mod menu.)
What version of the mod did you download? (There are three.)

select20
12-01-2011, 06:06 AM
yeah, i just bought this game on steam, and i can't figure out how to install it. The instructions aren't helping me, becaues I can't, for the life of me, find the folders I need. I usually just hit 'play' from steam.

Ryatboss
12-01-2011, 06:09 AM
First you need to make sure that "hidden files" is set to show.
Second you may need to use the "find mod path" button on the mod menu. This will put it in for you.
Using the play button from steam will use the Diplomacy.exe.

select20
12-01-2011, 06:12 AM
how do you make it show hidden files?

Ryatboss
12-01-2011, 06:22 AM
how do you make it show hidden files?

*mutters to oneself, hate microsoft and its stupid policies, end muttering*

I am assuming you are using Win7. Go to Windows Explorer. Its the file folder thing on the task bar. Then go the the Organize menu at the top left. Select Folder and search options. Select the View tab. Find Hidden files and folders and select the Show Hidden files, folders and drives.

select20
12-01-2011, 06:36 AM
*mutters to oneself, hate microsoft and its stupid policies, end muttering*

I am assuming you are using Win7. Go to Windows Explorer. Its the file folder thing on the task bar. Then go the the Organize menu at the top left. Select Folder and search options. Select the View tab. Find Hidden files and folders and select the Show Hidden files, folders and drives.

Wow, ok thanks. Ok, booting everything up now with Distant Stars in. Thanks, hope everything works.

Ryatboss
12-01-2011, 06:37 AM
Enjoy ;)

select20
12-01-2011, 06:44 AM
Ok, this is the 2nd time i've used a 3rd party mod to improve graphics and gameplay of a game, and it eliminated the "Graphics Drivers have stopped responding... but recovered successfully" thing. I wonder why?

Ryatboss
12-01-2011, 06:46 AM
Maybe steam goofed up something and our mods set the files back to the way they are suppose to be? IDK

select20
12-01-2011, 06:48 AM
Yeah, both games that 'got fixed' have been steam games. Good point. thanks for all the help. I was having fun with Sins even with that driver problem, now i'm really ready to dive in =).

Good day.

Ryatboss
12-01-2011, 07:03 AM
Awesome, well I am off to work.

Joppsta
12-01-2011, 09:07 AM
I would really enjoy having an FAQ or guide for this.... I tried googling around and my google fu has failed me.

someidiot777
12-01-2011, 10:24 AM
1. I have Trinty.
2. 73603744 checksum
3. 0.99 B5 (Beta Five) and the update
4. I did update to 1.34

Thanks in advance.

someidiot777
12-01-2011, 01:59 PM
^, Please help anyone?

Ryatboss
12-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Use Draakjacht's suggestions and see if that helps.

Ryatboss
12-01-2011, 08:28 PM
I would really enjoy having an FAQ or guide for this.... I tried googling around and my google fu has failed me.

Use the forum thread provided.

fileosoft
12-03-2011, 09:00 AM
Maybe time to update your moddb page at http://www.moddb.com/mods/distant-stars ... last news is from March 2011 ... was really difficult to find your mod there when i have wish vote for the "Mod of the year 2011"...

Ryatboss
12-03-2011, 01:33 PM
I didn't even know it existed until about 2 months ago. I think Stant123 put it up there.

someidiot777
12-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Hey guys and gals, I have been following Drak stuff but it still not working.

People that have steam and playing trinty off it has to know how!

Please whomever can help me or whomever has played the game from steam, advise me on what to do.

Tell me what you need to know and I will try my best to follow your instructions.

Thanks in advance.:confused:

wrath89
12-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Hey guys and gals, I have been following Drak stuff but it still not working.

People that have steam and playing trinty off it has to know how!

Please whomever can help me or whomever has played the game from steam, advise me on what to do.

Tell me what you need to know and I will try my best to follow your instructions.

Thanks in advance.:confused:
You'll need to explain exactly what the problem is for people to help... "it's not working" is a bit vague :(

Ryatboss
12-05-2011, 07:53 PM
You may have to run the game directly from the files and avoid Steam. It seems to be causing issues.

trojanrabbit.gg
12-09-2011, 06:48 AM
-Based on series or game : from Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, Star war, Halo ( not yet public release, beta stage ), Stargate, Babylon 5, etc...
-based on fully original races or total conversion... best one, not yet released is called "Dawn Of Victory"... a video with the features from these mod can be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZy86v4a5ek...

Wow! I love that new UI and HUD look! :D You should definitly consider making those UI/HUD elements into a separate standalone mod to pretty up the vanilla Sins game. ;)

Great work though, looking forward to future developments on that project.

Zaxxon
12-24-2011, 10:24 AM
It is unfair for the other mods... Distant star is a must have because the mod use all the graphic enhancement who exist, somehow balance the game a little more without adding any new races... i like very much the planetary defense where ground to space missile kill the annoying siege frigate...

Once you master sins, once you master distant Star... it is time to try other universe :

For these who don't know me ( i am new on Steam forum ), i am a soase freelance modeler... for example, the captain Harlock Arcadia ship used by pirate in the DS mod is from me... have made model for the B5 mod, Star war mod, Stargate mod, etc...

Soase is very moddable and because it is almost 4 year old, a huge amount of patch have make it mature... there is numerous mods out these for please everybody... good for years of fun...
Wow...I can't wait to try out Dawn of Victory! I read up on the wiki and it is very interesting. The mod team has a lot of talent it seems. I also like the new resource system as it seems to add a little more depth and strategy on how to manipulate advantages. For instance, you could get away with sending in some small fleets to take out supply chains rather easily instead of attempting to just take an entire planet which can take a lot more time and effort. Kill the supply chain THEN take the systems.