PDA

View Full Version : How do I access TFE and TSE after buying SS3 Deluxe?

hooble
11-22-2011, 07:58 PM
Am I the only one missing "Serious Sam Classic: First Encounter" and "Second Encounter" after purchasing SS3 Deluxe? I got the sound tracks, videos etc., but don't see the classics in my steam list.

ChrisW
11-22-2011, 08:24 PM
Are you showing "All Games" or "Installed"?

hooble
11-22-2011, 08:36 PM
All games.

Amy
11-22-2011, 08:59 PM
Have you watched teh gift inventory?

MADDOGGE
11-22-2011, 09:05 PM
Well mine show up as gifts because I already owned them.

eatken3
11-22-2011, 09:08 PM

same here. I actually ended up gifting them the day I got them XD

Amy
11-22-2011, 09:10 PM

Yup, but it can also show them as gift even if you don't already own them.

MADDOGGE
11-22-2011, 09:12 PM
Yup, but it can also show them as gift even if you don't already own them.Ahhhh, then that probably it then.

Now the waiting game begins:). Will the OP find them in gifts and be so happy he doesn't bother coming back and telling us or will they be missing and the mystery deepen?:eek:

hooble
11-22-2011, 09:13 PM
Mine don't show up at all, even as gifts. I didn't own them(on steam) before, so it's not surprising that they don't show as gifts.

And before anyone suggests it: I did log off, log on. Restart steam. Open on another computer. Doesn't show the first or second encounter games in my library.

Lulzator
11-22-2011, 09:19 PM
Mine don't show up at all, even as gifts. I didn't own them(on steam) before, so it's not surprising that they don't show as gifts.

And before anyone suggests it: I did log off, log on. Restart steam. Open on another computer. Doesn't show the first or second encounter games in my library.
That's strange, are you sure you got the Deluxe edition because it should show up instantly. If not you should take it up with Steam Support.

MADDOGGE
11-22-2011, 09:19 PM
Mine don't show up at all, even as gifts. I didn't own them(on steam) before, so it's not surprising that they don't show as gifts.Have you tried doing the blob fix yet?

hooble
11-22-2011, 09:22 PM
From the steam receipt: "Serious Sam 3 BFE Deluxe 49.99 USD". I have sent a request for help to steam support, but I thought that if there was a known fix, this could be quicker. Maybe I missed something silly. No reply yet from support, though I suspect I won't hear from them until tomorrow.

... just renamed my clientregistry.blob, and it didn't help.

MADDOGGE
11-22-2011, 09:52 PM
Humm, well with your receipt and confirmation number for the deluxe edition you have your proof of purchase so play SS3 while you wait on support to get back to you.

You could try deleting everything BUT the Steam exe and steamapps folder and try that. Just don't delete your steamapps folder whatever you do.

hooble
11-23-2011, 11:23 AM
Grr.... Steam support just emailed me saying that I don't get "pre order" content, 'cause I bought the game after it launched. I don't think they even looked at my account. This has nothing to do with pre orders. It's a freaking bundle called "Deluxe" in the steam store that includes 3 games, and it costs $10 more than just buying SS3. It's still for sale.

StarFall
11-23-2011, 11:31 AM
Same problem for me, and to top it off I haven't even recieved a confirmation mail of my purchase:confused:, I also bought the orcs must die dlc and got a confirmation mail for that in no time flat...

nukkus
11-23-2011, 11:32 AM
they did the same to me, except i purchased the deluxe BEFORE the preorder was over. even though it shows up in my account they kept saying that i only have the standard, after i proved them wrong with screenshots, they made more excuses.

hooble
11-23-2011, 11:37 AM
Wow, fantastic! Can't they see that we were charged *more money* than they charge for the standard version? This is stupid. Any way to get a human on the phone at steam?

StarFall
11-23-2011, 11:45 AM
As it did not send me a mail with my purchase info and I did not print it out when I did the purchase I seem to be at a loss here, I can't even log in to the community site to check my purchase history as my browser is not permitted to acess it and the mail containing the code does not arrive either, but I know my mail is ok as another game worked just fine when I bought it, mail arrived and everything...

Well looking it up via steam this is what it says.

You now own Orcs Must Die! - War Mage's Toolbox DLC, Orcs Must Die! - Artifacts of Power DLC, Orcs Must Die! - Lost Adventures DLC, Serious Sam 3: BFE, Serious Sam 3 Dedicated Server, Serious Sam 3 Editor, Serious Sam 3 DLC3_Models, ValveTestApp200323, Serious Sam 3 Bonus Content. The bonus content downloaded just fine tho

hooble
11-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Is the "Deluxe" bundle supposed to be pre-order only? It doesn't mention pre-order at all on the store page, and it is still for sale. I just tested it, and it still adds to my cart just fine. They really should remove the "Deluxe" bundle from the store if it's not for sale... Because they will STILL take your money and not give it to you.

Cunin
11-23-2011, 12:04 PM
Grr.... Steam support just emailed me saying that I don't get "pre order" content, 'cause I bought the game after it launched. I don't think they even looked at my account. This has nothing to do with pre orders. It's a freaking bundle called "Deluxe" in the steam store that includes 3 games, and it costs $10 more than just buying SS3. It's still for sale.

You are right, they are wrong. Take a screenshot of the store page where it obviously tells you'll get those 2 games and send them one copy, and keep it for yourself too in case they still denies that.

Xander51
11-23-2011, 01:05 PM
It's a bummer to hear this hasn't gone well for you hooble, I haven't heard back from support yet myself.

hooble
11-23-2011, 01:09 PM
Good luck Xander51. I hope they actually look into it for you.

Xander51
11-23-2011, 01:17 PM
Your experience kind of confirms my suspicion that this was supposed to be a pre-order only offer and that the store page is screwed up right now. It doesn't really excuse what happened though.

Xander51
11-23-2011, 01:33 PM
Sorry for the double post, but they sent this to me and it worked perfectly! I can access the games now.

"Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Please exit Steam and go to the folder called C:\Program Files\Steam\ (this is the default location for a Steam installation - if you set a different installation directory, you will need to browse to it).

Delete all of the files in this folder except:

The \Steamapps\ folder and Steam.exe (this file is listed as an application and features the black and white Steam logo)

Restart your computer.

Then, launch Steam.exe from within the Steam installation folder, and not from a pre-existing shortcut.

With Steam running, re-test the original issue."

nukkus
11-23-2011, 01:44 PM
Sorry for the double post, but they sent this to me and it worked perfectly! I can access the games now.

"Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Please exit Steam and go to the folder called C:\Program Files\Steam\ (this is the default location for a Steam installation - if you set a different installation directory, you will need to browse to it).

Delete all of the files in this folder except:

The \Steamapps\ folder and Steam.exe (this file is listed as an application and features the black and white Steam logo)

Restart your computer.

Then, launch Steam.exe from within the Steam installation folder, and not from a pre-existing shortcut.

With Steam running, re-test the original issue."

Tried this, no effect :<

hooble
11-23-2011, 01:46 PM
Fantastically, this worked! Deleted everything except the steam.exe and steamapps folder and presto: my games are in my library. I was weary of doing this until you said it worked for you. Really seems like overkill for this sort of problem, but I'll take it.

Xander51
11-23-2011, 02:16 PM
Hooble, glad to hear it worked for you! Nukkus, sorry it didn't help. Best of luck to you.