PDA

View Full Version : Install or trade?

Tox Laximus
11-23-2011, 07:14 PM
Seems there are some problems, would it be better to trade before unlocking?

I7920, 6GB DDR3, ATI HD 6870, is that enough?

Bearing in mind all that minimum requirement crap is wrong.

I liked the first game a lot and still play it often, but after F1 2011 and Battlefield 3 kicking PC users in the bolloks is PC gaming on its last legs?

Cheap melting plastic consoles are not for me, stupid big piles of noob turd.

homernoy
11-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Seems there are some problems, would it be better to trade before unlocking?

I7920, 6GB DDR3, ATI HD 6870, is that enough?

Bearing in mind all that minimum requirement crap is wrong.

I liked the first game a lot and still play it often, but after F1 2011 and Battlefield 3 kicking PC users in the bolloks is PC gaming on its last legs?

Cheap melting plastic consoles are not for me, stupid big piles of noob turd.

Listen, I am just as pi$sed as the next guy that the DX11 features make the game unplayable. This is eff'd up, and really bums most of us out, but in saying that the game is fantastic in DX9 and looks heads and above the original Batman AA. Antialiasing and shadows are really much better.

My point is: Don't sell your Batman Arkham City. So far I like it better than Uncharted 3 by far. Anecdotal, I know.........but it's a better game than the first one.

DJ Cryotek
11-23-2011, 08:27 PM
You should be fine. I have an HD6870, and an inferior processor (Athlon II x4) and I am running the game fine. You may need to run in DX9 instead of DX11 for now, but the game is great and gorgeous either way. Hopefully we'll get a DX11 fix next week when everyone's back from the holidays.

I mean, the DX11/PhysX issues are frustrating us all, but the fact is that the game runs great and looks great in DX9.

Mountain Man
11-23-2011, 08:42 PM
Just stay away from DX11 and you should be fine. It's a great game and well worth your time to play.

Tox Laximus
11-24-2011, 03:44 AM
Yeah, I'll stick with it, unlocks in 14 hours (midnight)

Gonna be pulling a all nighter, will need plenty of bat snacks.

Portal 2 is on offer (6.79) so that will keep me occupied until then.