PDA

View Full Version : thinking about buying this...replayability?

firearm777
11-23-2011, 06:18 PM
How much replayability does this game have? will I get bored of it after couple weeks of playing and beating it?

evolve
11-23-2011, 07:43 PM
completing the game 100% is one thing, story completion is another, challenge another and so on... If you wish to complete the entire game which includes trphies etc then there is quite a bit of time to be had. Once everything has been finished there is no such replayability.

Ive played 7 hours so far and im 10% overall. So far this game is the most enjoyable game ive had this year beside the horrible performance due to bugs etc

LaptopNut
11-23-2011, 07:49 PM
I played through Arkham Asylum about 3 times and still enjoyed it a lot, in fact even more. I expect Arkham City to be even more enjoyable to play through again due to the more open world environment.

Rocksteady are looking to add more replay value to Batman: Arkham Asylum’s successor with the addition of a new game mode entitled “New Game Plus (http://community.batmanarkhamcity.com/forums/showthread.php/3833-New-Game-Plus)”.

The new mode ups the difficulty a few notches and modifies the game slightly for your second playthrough, including: making thugs tougher, boss fights more difficult awsell as Batman retaining all of his XP and gadgets from the first completion.

“New Game Plus” mode can not be changed difficulty-wise, so the challenge will be the same regardless of whether you make it through on easy, normal or hard first time round.

Bite
11-23-2011, 07:52 PM
The game is HUGE...over 400 collectables & riddles all over the city, and it features a NG+ as stated above, it will keep you hooked for a while if you're really into it.

shnull
11-30-2011, 01:15 AM
If, like me, say you don't enjoy googling and tracking down collectibles one by one as a form of gameplay, how long would it take to complete the single player campaign? I never felt much for race-challenges and collectibles, i think they're lazy on the devs behalf instead of adding more decent content, to me that's about zero replayability factor, but that's a matter of opinion.
Do you get an open world like Skyrim where you can roam around endlessly and adapt your playstyle to your current character, killing every npc and ruining quests if you want to ? Or is it a linear mass-effect type story thats very cool but finished in 16 hours tops after which you're stuck with repetitive achievement hunting? If so i might wait for it to hit the $10 bargain limit

BC2 Cypher
11-30-2011, 02:54 AM
The game has a ton of stuff to keep you playing for a good while.

daniu
11-30-2011, 04:40 AM
If, like me, say you don't enjoy googling and tracking down collectibles one by one as a form of gameplay, how long would it take to complete the single player campaign? I never felt much for race-challenges and collectibles, i think they're lazy on the devs behalf instead of adding more decent content, to me that's about zero replayability factor, but that's a matter of opinion.
It's hard to tell how long you spend on the campaign alone; I would guess about 20 hours. The "side quests" in this game vary in their "collectible" status. There are actual side quests which are still optional to the main story but have a little one of their own.

As for the real collectibles (the Riddler challenges): some are in places you just have to find (pure collectible), but most require solving a puzzle or doing a skill-based task like getting a series of jumps right or doing difficult remote-controlled batarang throws. You can spend a lot of time on those; you sound like you wouldn't like them, but I must say they have a high "tutorial" effect, they definitely train your batmanship.

Oh and there even is kind of a "side-quest" for the pure collectibles: there are associates of the Riddler strewn around the city; if you spare them during combat, they'll mark the locations on the map. I find that to be a very clever idea; having to watch your blows during combat makes it a lot more challenging.

kmrking
11-30-2011, 04:48 AM
the riddler trophies should keep you busy . and if u have all the character DLC packs, theres 840 challenge medals to attain. 210 as each of the 4 characters

blazur
11-30-2011, 05:32 AM
It's a fun game, although probably not much replayability once you get 100% completion. If you're into challenges there's plenty of Riddler secrets and challenges to sustain the game.

You should probably wait from getting the game on PC, however. It's got a lot of major problems with it, including having your game get stuck in various spots and losing your saves completely. Wait a bit until it's patched.