PDA

View Full Version : How is this game compared to ARMA 2?

Einherjah
11-24-2011, 10:19 AM
I love ARMA, played combined ops countless hours:

1.does OFP:DR+RR has any form of skirmish? what I love about ARMA is tailoring my own missions- from a stealthy two men covert op to an all out war battle with several land and air vehicles and ALOT of infanrty. Sadly im not that into multiplayer.

2.how is the game from the technical side? is it optimized?

sean_blaik
11-24-2011, 10:24 AM
It is dumb down for console but still fun.

It runs well.

But no where near ARMA.

HomerPepsi
11-24-2011, 01:14 PM

1.does OFP:DR+RR has any form of skirmish? what I love about ARMA is tailoring my own missions- from a stealthy two men covert op to an all out war battle with several land and air vehicles and ALOT of infanrty. Sadly im not that into multiplayer.

Runs real well for me maxed out. So the answer to 2 is yes.

As for one, the answer is most definitely yes. Let me refer you to these forums, where most of the best mods are available.
Official Forums (http://community.codemasters.com/forum/operation-flashpoint-dragon-rising-game-pc-113)

The 2 mods that you would probably like are Island War, where you continually fight through the whole island, capturing key points; and Special Forces Guerrilla Warfare (SFGW), where you capture certain area's of the map, return to your base camp to rearm, then head back out. Whats particularly nice about SFGW is that you can choose the weather and time of day to fight in.

BUY THIS GAME. Its most definitely worth it.

Solon25
11-24-2011, 01:24 PM
There's a DEMO! I've played the demo and was funny, think i buy it now.

Einherjah
11-24-2011, 05:06 PM
Sounds like a good investment to me :) but yeah, I'll try the demo too.
Thank you guys!

VeritasAequitas
11-25-2011, 07:29 AM

If you have allot of hardcore Arma 2 friends on your friends list I dont think this is the most healhiest game to play lol.