PDA

View Full Version : Fortix 2 Patch is live!

ZachZeb
11-24-2011, 11:58 AM
Update notes:
- Fixed startup crashes in some rare cases (mostly caused by custom windows skins)
- Added support for Xbox360 controllers
- Added forced v-sync to the render to resolve video card overheating issue experienced by some user

If you experience any other issues please let us know.

yanhero
11-24-2011, 07:12 PM
Posting here as well. After today's update, the game won't launch anymore :(

ZachZeb
11-25-2011, 01:11 AM
Posting here as well. After today's update, the game won't launch anymore :(

Can you please send us a dxdiag file to: support@nemesys.hu and we can get to the bottom of it.

Please follow these steps to run a DXDIAG:
1. Go to the Start button
2. Select Run...(or use the search bar for Windows 7)
3. Enter "dxdiag" and click OK
4. Once the report has been generated, click Save all information to save a copy of the report

Wolfpig
11-25-2011, 09:51 AM
Does this patch apply to the demo too?
If not, is the crashfix when the game crashes when it is started, or when you press start game in the menu?

Have not bought fortix 2 yet because the demo crashes everytime i press start in the game. ( and not many people buy a game when the demo does not work )

Nyaki
11-30-2011, 12:20 AM
Have not bought fortix 2 yet because the demo crashes everytime i press start in the game.

What do you mean by that? The demo crashes when you select a level in the game or the game don't even start?

Wolfpig
11-30-2011, 12:24 PM
What do you mean by that? The demo crashes when you select a level in the game or the game don't even start?

The Demo crashed when i selected New Game.
But as you already have seen i bought the game regardless of the Demo and still have this Problem

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2254930

CaptainKatrina
11-30-2011, 07:12 PM
The demo crashed for me as well. I also bought the game regardless and it's still not working.

Nyaki
12-06-2011, 12:33 AM
After investigating with private e-mailing, we discovered that there are two possible reasons for that:

1.) If the game is launched from Steam it fails to pop up error message boxes that could indicate missing DX dll files.
Reinstalling the DirectX redistributable package could fix this. You can find it in the following directory:
Steam\steamapps\common\fortix 2\DXSETUP.exe

2.) Custom windows skins can give invalid width and height values in some cases.
To resolve that set up the "disable desktop composition" compatibility mode for the executable.
(You can do that on the "Compatibility" tab of the properties menu after right clicking on the "Fortix2.exe")