PDA

View Full Version : Comprehensive Bug Thread

janussenpre
11-24-2011, 02:14 PM
I was thinking it'd be useful for everyone (players and devs alike) for us to post any bugs that we have found in our playthroughs so they can *hopefully* be addressed in future patches.

I'll go first:

1. I had one instance where Riemal's Goblin brew wasn't on the altar. In fact, it wasn't anywhere.

2. I hit a wall after finally getting back to Sanctuary. I couldn't traverse any other dungeons except the path that I had already taken (with the demon doors). I looted everything and when it came time to make Green Cookies for Riemal, I found myself lacking any Bonemeal for dough. I used up my only bonemeal from the tutorial quest to make the Princess her Royal donut. All the other quests that necessitated leaving Sanctuary (Candy, the elf sister, etc) required me to have started my guild or have at least 4 people. When I press 'P' for party, I can see Violence, Deacon and Candy under my picture but I can't get any of them to follow me. Violence is also a bit broken because she still requires human flesh according to the journal after I've already given her one finger (and I'm currently carrying a second which she can't accept). And yes, I have talked to literally everyone I can to the point where there are no more conversation prompts and I only get *End Conversation*. Unless I'm missing something here, my game just... broke.

targetbsp
11-26-2011, 03:43 AM
I have on 2 occasions had to reload the game because the game has switched the character I'm controlling to one that can't do anything. Unable to move or attack (possibly due to no movement points left and nothing in range) but the defend and wait buttons were greyed out.
Luckily in both case they were the first fights at the beginning of a new zone so autosave rescued me!

As for the Riemal thing, I think you can pay him 200g for the password if you have no bonemeal? You need to have 200g though. :D
Still on him and related to the Violence still showing your quest log - his cookie quest is still showing in mine after completing it. In my game, the Violence quest cleared the log fine.

LordGurciullo
11-26-2011, 01:47 PM
Control issues

I really appreciate that you added character info and a few other binds. I'm still not seeing move forward... or the 2 quick slots or inventory.

But I know you guys are hard at work and appreciate it!
Really enjoy ur games!

SurlyPanda
11-26-2011, 02:27 PM
To the OP, did you get the finger for Sweet Violence from the field hospital? If you did, both Deacon and her join up and you got 4 people with Candy.

fionakilmonna
11-26-2011, 10:04 PM
I was thinking it'd be useful for everyone (players and devs alike) I looted everything and when it came time to make Green Cookies for Riemal, I found myself lacking any Bonemeal for dough. I used up my only bonemeal from the tutorial quest to make the Princess her Royal donut.

I done the same thing but I had reload my game to do the green cookie quest and giving up the royal doughnut quest

fionakilmonna
11-26-2011, 10:15 PM
Bugs

1. I have a major bug where Deacon using his cutter ability on a 'more brutalous mushroom' when I was getting the sugar candy recipe quest and he start to do about 1950 damage for each hit of his sword. It sound likes a cheat but it a bug that stay on so Deacon can 1950 damage for the rest of my game I have. Using his other abilities makes him a devastating character.

2. After completing the cemetery quest there is a 'translation missing' instead of Zombie Cocktail when I want to make this drink.

mardukai
11-27-2011, 12:46 AM
I have the same bug as fiona.
Since the last patch my lvl 6 Deacon does over 1k damage even without using skills and with wood swords.
I tried starting a new game and same thing again... at lvl 4 he does around 350 damage... he seems to get a huge damage boost with each levelup.
It's like playing with a cheat so I'ma take a break til this is fixed.

Oh and another minor thing.. since the patch I can't scroll down the screen using the mouse anymore (up, left, right works but not down)... also tried different resolutions.

that patch sure did more harm than good

fionakilmonna
11-27-2011, 04:30 PM
In the area of Former Crystal Cave. When the battle start against I the titan. Drake get the first turn next by Holy avatar. On his turn there is no highlight of the wait or stop button and he can't move and he stuck in the spot as well. I try to reload and try to initiate battle but I keep having Holy Avatar and Drake getting their turn first.

merkesdir
12-06-2011, 04:21 PM
Bugs

1. I have a major bug where Deacon using his cutter ability on a 'more brutalous mushroom' when I was getting the sugar candy recipe quest and he start to do about 1950 damage for each hit of his sword. It sound likes a cheat but it a bug that stay on so Deacon can 1950 damage for the rest of my game I have. Using his other abilities makes him a devastating character.

I got the same bug as fionakilmonna and mardukai. Game is no challenge at all with Deacon one-hitting end-bosses :(

PLEASE FIX IT!
Version 1.6.3

Poet|Grotesque
12-09-2011, 05:48 AM
Yes we'll work on the patch and will fix the Deacon bug. Its very hard to find out, what the problem is, but we do our best...

p4130n3
12-10-2011, 10:47 PM
this is my problem in the tevez quest with the goblins. he will literally teleport across the castle and I can not reach him as he dies.
It happens to me when you enter the place were the hutts are for the first time after the barricade with the goblin sign.

Dustin1280
12-11-2011, 01:36 AM
I got the same bug as fionakilmonna, mardukai, and merkesdir.
To clarify deacons strength shoots up really really quick, right now it's at something like 230.

PLEASE FIX IT!

I also got a bug where the tavern guy now has some 40k hps....

So I have one character who can one hit everything and another who doesn't die...

I was playing this on hard, but at this point there won't be any challenge at all unless I just don't attack with Deacon, but then he doesn't get any exp...

I have run into TONS of bugs in this game, but these two are gamebreaking.

Gllar
12-12-2011, 09:31 AM
I beat he 4th Titan and now the portal I am supposed to take wont let me interact with it. I can't leave the basement either. So I guess I am stuck just before the actual end of the game?

Poet|Grotesque
12-12-2011, 01:45 PM
I beat he 4th Titan and now the portal I am supposed to take wont let me interact with it. I can't leave the basement either. So I guess I am stuck just before the actual end of the game?

Have to take a look.
send me a save game to kerstan[at]silentdreams.de
save games you find here:
C:\Users\Username\Documents\Grotesque-Tactics2\SaveGames

Poet|Grotesque
12-12-2011, 01:49 PM
We found the deacon bug. It should be happen only on hard difficulty when you play the CandyGuildQuest.
Will be fixed with the patch next week.

jagpanzer
12-12-2011, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by Gllar

Have to take a look.
send me a save game to kerstan[at]silentdreams.de
save games you find here:
C:\Users\Username\Documents\Grotesque-Tactics2\SaveGames

I found a way to get through this portal!
- Rotate the camera until the party is facing northwest and the portal southeast. The portal name should appear when you put your pointer on or over it. :cool:

Poet|Grotesque
12-13-2011, 11:32 AM
Correct, you can pick the portal when you rotate the camera.

We will change the model in the patch so it will be pickable on both sides.

Matt Gambler
12-16-2011, 06:13 PM
New update, nice!

After the update: reassigning keys in the options menu shows "text missing for the first 7 entries.

mLegion
12-17-2011, 07:49 AM
After getting deacon in the secret passage i went back up the secret passage instead of on through the demon door and now he has disappeared.

Vaines
12-18-2011, 11:20 AM
i try to click on the damn door that leads to Zara. I see a text bubble, but nothing happens. And i can't for the love of god drop the keys in my quickslots and try something with that...any help?

tigerrenko
12-20-2011, 01:08 PM
When I get in the inventory and try to manipulate Deacon's items, game freezes and crashes...

Poet|Grotesque
12-20-2011, 07:06 PM
Can you tell which items you changed?

In a few hours we'll upload another patch, currently in beta status.

Xaegoth
12-21-2011, 12:31 PM
Oh and another minor thing.. since the patch I can't scroll down the screen using the mouse anymore (up, left, right works but not down)... also tried different resolutions.

Just bought GT1 today and having this problem.

Scrolls fine in any direction except down.

Poet|Grotesque
12-21-2011, 03:58 PM
But the down key worked, y?

Patch is up, good timing ;-)

Poet|Grotesque
12-21-2011, 03:58 PM
i try to click on the damn door that leads to Zara. I see a text bubble, but nothing happens. And i can't for the love of god drop the keys in my quickslots and try something with that...any help?

Now pls try again. Should work now.

Xaegoth
12-21-2011, 04:58 PM
I have automatic updates turned on for Steam, but not sure this game has updated.

Still can't save or scroll down.

Current version is 1.2.0.4.

I like the concept of the game, so I am going to just be patient and wait for these things to hopefully be fixed!

Poet|Grotesque
12-21-2011, 05:06 PM
I have automatic updates turned on for Steam, but not sure this game has updated.

Still can't save or scroll down.

Current version is 1.2.0.4.

Ah ok, you talk about GT1. update was for Gt2.
Thats very strange with the saves.
Can you save with F5? Quicksave? Load F9 ?

Xaegoth
12-21-2011, 05:51 PM
I haven't tried the quick saves yet.

Kind of hard to play when I can't scroll down (yes, I can use the keyboard to scroll down, but that moves the character as well).

So is there not a patch in the works for GT1?

Vaines
12-22-2011, 11:08 AM
Now pls try again. Should work now.

Thanks! It does work now, BUT as soon as i take the stairs after defeating zara and the golem i get a crash to desktop each time :/ Any idea why?

Poet|Grotesque
12-22-2011, 12:26 PM
Thanks! It does work now, BUT as soon as i take the stairs after defeating zara and the golem i get a crash to desktop each time :/ Any idea why?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2317007

I think its this :/
Let me know if this help, but don't load the crashed autosave, you have to load a save before you enter.

Vaines
12-22-2011, 03:40 PM
Since the last update my bug was solved and i finished the game, thanks :)

Mycho
12-24-2011, 04:20 PM
A lot of exits from maps, such the quest to kill blob nests and the cemeteries, have german mouseover texts which makes it harder to tell where they go to.

Missing text for other mouseovers including one of the first dead people you find while investigating Holy's disappearance. That one sticks in my mind because I wanted to know what it said about them.

Perhaps we could do with fewer monsters with German names? The fact that it seems to be mostly the bigger ones makes me feel like I'm playing Bloodrayne here.

Most of the temporary party members have unavailable skills and broken talent views. Of note, Dawnclaude in the library quest, Holy the first time you meet him, the Golem you team up with briefly.

Poet|Grotesque
12-25-2011, 05:55 AM
A lot of exits from maps, such the quest to kill blob nests and the cemeteries, have german mouseover texts which makes it harder to tell where they go to..

When you change the language from german to englisch and then directlry play the game, the enemies have german names. But when you end the game and restart you see english correctly. Let me know if this helped.
So what we have to change is, that 1. the game restart automatically or 2. all things change on the fly what is cooler but harder to create. We'll check this in January.

Most of the temporary party members have unavailable skills and broken talent views. Of note, Dawnclaude in the library quest, Holy the first time you meet him, the Golem you team up with briefly.

That is not really a bug. All Mercenaries have no Talentpoints. So what we have to do here ,is a better tooltipp then "missing" xD
or another dark graphic maybe. Currently it's confusing, I agree.

Gorbashsan
12-25-2011, 07:51 PM
So I'm stuck, I bought the green cookie recipe from the goblin, then realized I used up all my jelly like an idiot already cooking stuff, I thought there was a point to cooking more than one of things, but not everything has provided a use. Anyway, so I have no jelly, Ive beaten every quest I could without going to the mercs, and the goblin wont sell the password for 200 anymore since I already bought the recipe, the option to just buy the password is no longer there. I cant advance, I killed the fog, killed the spider titan, and did the rest of what was available, but there wasn't a single blob to be found in any of the other quests, I'm stuck, and if I have to restart the whole damn game over this I don't even want to play it. Is there ANYTHING I can do?

Mycho
12-31-2011, 10:16 AM
Regarding the German thing, I have now tried this:

Change language to German
Restart
Change language back to English
Restart

I'm still seeing the exit from the goblin tunnels with the tooltip TreppeZuflucht. I am fighting Blob Kreigers and have equipped the Drachenfeuer. This is with most of the text and dialogue still in English.

As for mercenaries and special attacks, the thing which made me suspect this was a bug is that Drake explicitly says for the golem to use its "special attack". It doesn't have one, it can only attack normally.

Also, two of Holy Avatar's English dialog lines are swapped, audio only, in the meeting of all guild masters. The one starting with "Well done" and the one where he nominates himself.

OriginalOreo
01-01-2012, 06:30 AM
I'm not sure if this is listed here as a known bug. However, whenever you turn in the Hippie Grub quest for money, instead of the NPC giving you money, you hand your money to them.

Aoibheil
01-03-2012, 09:55 PM
I have on 2 occasions had to reload the game because the game has switched the character I'm controlling to one that can't do anything. Unable to move or attack (possibly due to no movement points left and nothing in range) but the defend and wait buttons were greyed out.
Luckily in both case they were the first fights at the beginning of a new zone so autosave rescued me!

I get this problem on occasion as well. I quick save a lot, but just reloading does not solve the problem. What I have found to work so far is to quit to windows, then restarting and reloading.