PDA

View Full Version : Warning for those thinking of buying this

Parker0485
11-25-2011, 10:21 AM
Hey guys.

I bought this game months ago and I'm still yet to play it.

When I bought it I was having some internet issues, with my DSL going down every 10 minutes or so. When trying to activate the game I had some of the files missing so had to check the integrity of the files using Steam, which then downloaded some more.

Anyway, to cut a long story short TAGES banned me from playing the game, after e-mailing Atari, TAGES and Steam I got absolutely nowhere.

TAGES were extremely slow and also rude in the following e-mail correspondence. Short snappy answers when I was very polite about the situation. They basically accused me of pirating the game.

So yeah, buy it at your own risk. I'm still yet to play a second of it.

LanceLake
11-25-2011, 10:31 AM
I hear ya. I've heard some good things about this game and was excited when it went on sale months ago.. But I saw more DRM and I decided to take a pass on it.

Even at $5. It's not worth it to me for the trouble of the additional DRM.

byblo
11-25-2011, 02:43 PM
Steam should refuse to sell games with 3rd DRMs >_<

alienowl
11-25-2011, 09:51 PM
Hey guys.

I bought this game months ago and I'm still yet to play it.

When I bought it I was having some internet issues, with my DSL going down every 10 minutes or so. When trying to activate the game I had some of the files missing so had to check the integrity of the files using Steam, which then downloaded some more.

Anyway, to cut a long story short TAGES banned me from playing the game, after e-mailing Atari, TAGES and Steam I got absolutely nowhere.

TAGES were extremely slow and also rude in the following e-mail correspondence. Short snappy answers when I was very polite about the situation. They basically accused me of pirating the game.

So yeah, buy it at your own risk. I'm still yet to play a second of it.

Thank you for the warning. I was thinking of buying this game, but I will pass.

kn00tcn
11-26-2011, 09:25 AM
not to accuse you in particular of anything, but until you've actually opened the activation screen, no cdkey has been used, no activation has been used, & no need to contact anyone until you're sure all the files have dloaded

& you get your activations back.... so what exactly did you tell tages? (not that they're some great service, refusing to have a deauth tool like securom has)

ZanyCynic
12-03-2011, 05:08 AM
Just registered without any problem.

Started the game, steam showed me the serial with a copy button.
I press copy and install the game.
The game asks for the serial, I press ctrl-v.
The game asks if I want to activate now, I say, go on.

Then I started the game.

No problems at all.

maneaterhp
12-06-2011, 04:09 AM
Theres no problems with this DRM, its definitely worth buying and it never got in my way once. Don't listen to the odd person with a bad experience to ruin this awesome game for you.

ZanyCynic
12-06-2011, 09:24 AM
yes, the first part is from 2004 or so and I did a two day session to play through.
I fear to start the 2009er part. If it is even better.... I DO have to go to work, you know....

i101
12-06-2011, 02:22 PM
I cant activate the game too, what a waste of money.