PDA

View Full Version : Managing soul gems and souls

liho1eye
11-26-2011, 09:21 AM
Is it just me or it is really awkward that you can't really tell what quality of a soul any given NPC has? Basic issue is that I keep storing weaker souls in higher quality gems. I mean I obviously don't expect a bunny to fill up a Black gem properly, but one would think something like Draug Wright or Deathlord would have a decent soul. And if you had more than one empty gem, it is pretty much impossible to tell which one was filled up.

Did anyone figure a simple way to manage this?

Drowsy
11-26-2011, 09:23 AM
Only simple way i found as keeping a modest stock of very type of gem in my inventory and switching weapon types upon mobs. I conjure my weapons so i usually keep a decent weapon around for when i don't want that petty soul to end up in a grand gem.

Freeman45
11-26-2011, 09:25 AM
I didn't bother with the gems. Get yourself the "black star" and fill up on grand souls by taking down humans.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Black_Star

KuranesDreamer
11-26-2011, 09:25 AM
I wouldn't imagine any undead to have a soul at all, actually. That is partly what makes them undead.

You've never been able to tell the size of a soul based on observation in combat; you just have to look it up in a guide or experiment with it in game.

As for telling what gem it goes into: souls will always go into the smallest gem their soul will fit into first.