PDA

View Full Version : Is there a fix/mod for...

reaper_9292
11-26-2011, 10:49 PM
Allowing us to hot-key a duel wield setup? Atm, the only way I can duel wield using hotkeys is to have 2 of the same weapon(unenchanted/unimproved) bound to 1 key.

I find it very annoying if I have two different weapons and I cast spells during a fight. It usually goes like this...
Swing, swing, swing, Cast spell, PAUSE, scroll to weapon and select and repeat.

Very "immersion breaking" combat.

l4nd0fc0nfu510n
11-26-2011, 11:08 PM
I'm not entirely sure how I'm doing it, but I am able to do this without a mod. It just works for me. I'm not sure why.

If I have a mace bound to 1, a bow bound to 2, and sword bound to 3, I can press 1 and 3 to get my dual-wielding, then press 2 to switch to the bow, and then press 1 again to switch back to the dual-wielding.

AimHere
11-26-2011, 11:09 PM
I'm not entirely sure how I'm doing it, but I am able to do this without a mod. It just works for me. I'm not sure why.
Holy rep batman.

On topic: Perhaps dual wield 2 same weapons and THEN hotkey it?

Or you could just double tap whatever number key you assign it to? Works for spells

reaper_9292
11-26-2011, 11:24 PM
Maybe I'm bugged.

I have a sword bound to 1 and a dagger bound to 2.

If I have spells in my hands and I press 1 then 2... The sword comes out on my right hand then the dagger comes out on my right hand after.

I can never seem to get it to equip 1 in each hand

Quakeworld TF
11-26-2011, 11:34 PM
Maybe I'm bugged.

I have a sword bound to 1 and a dagger bound to 2.

If I have spells in my hands and I press 1 then 2... The sword comes out on my right hand then the dagger comes out on my right hand after.

I can never seem to get it to equip 1 in each hand

Nah, same here. I'm wondering if these people start with a bound setup, say axe(1) in left and sword(2) in right. They press (3) to pull up bow. If you then press 2 to go back to right handed sword, your left handed axe will also come out equipped. I have never been able to randomly combine right and left handed weapons using hot keys only. Nor has anyone else I've discussed it with at length.

zombear
11-26-2011, 11:38 PM
^ exactly.

When you pull out the one-handed weapon again, it pulls out with the same left-handed weapon/spell you were using with it previously.

So if you're dual wielding swords, then use a spell in the middle of combat with your left hand, the only way of bringing out the sword in your left hand again is to go into the weapons/favourites menu.

As far as I know, anyway...

sucrilhus
11-26-2011, 11:40 PM
With magic, let's say you have

1. Fire Bolt
2. Ward

And you want:
- Firebolt on the left and Ward on the right hand...
You must press "221"

The same probably applies to weapons, but you need 2 of the one you want to put on the right....

reaper_9292
11-26-2011, 11:56 PM
With magic, let's say you have

1. Fire Bolt
2. Ward

And you want:
- Firebolt on the left and Ward on the right hand...
You must press "221"

The same probably applies to weapons, but you need 2 of the one you want to put on the right....

Unfortunately doesn't work for weapons. Lets say:
1 = Sword1
2 = Sword2

I press 2, 2 then 1.

Right hand equips Sword2, right hand un-equips sword2 (unarmed) then right hand equips Sword1.

This is very frustrating if your really want to be a mage/duel wielder