PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else CTD at the "press start" screen?

niklz
11-27-2011, 08:55 AM
Hi there,

Like all of you, I'm pretty bummed that the dx11 and physX are buggy on release, bla bla bla

I was dealing with it by doing as many side quests as I could so that when the patch was released I'd get to do the main story as intended.

However, after 20 hours of playing, switched out with alt+tab a bunch, when later on the alt+tab crashed the game so hard I had to hard-reset.

Now every time I press start at the into screen it crashes to desktop.

Awesome.

Anyone else? Any fixes?

Regards,

niklz

niklz
11-27-2011, 09:08 AM
Perhaps I should have done a bit more searching, I found a work around for this issue:

Problem #1 Batman Arkham City Crash Fix – For Quad Core PCs
If you’re on Quad Core, try this fix to address any crash issues:
Start the game
Alt+Tab Out of the game
Open Task Manager
Right click on NFS The Run.exe
Set Affinity
Select core 0 and 1 only. You need to run the game on two CPU’s basically, so to avoid the crash to desktop.

If you get CTD with a quad core, definitely try this out.

Found here, lots more bug fixes there:

http://[color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color]/fixing-batman-arkham-city-crashes-runtime-error-physx-crash-freezing-lagging-ctd-poor-fps-black-screen-no-sound/

Ricky Nihil
11-27-2011, 09:54 AM
I've had crashes when it checks for DLC. I think it happens when you hammer the the button to get through the screens quckly. Wait for Batman to do his little gargoyle animation and all his textures to load properly, then press start. Or it might be a coincidence.

chimpdaddy
11-27-2011, 10:12 AM
I was playing batman fine on friday night and last night and tonight i started to get the CTD once i got to the start screen,

although i have noticed that when I normally start the game the Batman screen shows in the middle of the monitor as the game is about to load which is normal.

However in the bottom left another very small Batman app is loading, unless i click on that i get a CTD,

blazur
11-27-2011, 10:14 AM
It happens occasionally for me when it's checking for downloading content. I'd say it happens about 15% of the time.

Lemonosity
11-27-2011, 06:18 PM
I CTD at the checking for DLC part, too.

Scrumtralescent
11-27-2011, 07:25 PM
This may not work everybody, but I've found that I always crash to desktop when I have the steam window open. Closing/minimizing it stops the crashing.

AudioCG
11-27-2011, 08:08 PM
The only time I have crashed at the "checking for DLC" screen is when I have hit start BEFORE Live has signed in, it has only happened twice, and never if I let "AudioCG has signed in" pop up first, like 1 second after the screen pops up.

My guess is the layers of DRM need to all load first.

Hocevar
11-27-2011, 08:45 PM
I'm getting those crashes too after I had to uninstall and reinstall it

akdadevil
11-28-2011, 12:00 AM
The only time I have crashed at the "checking for DLC" screen is when I have hit start BEFORE Live has signed in, it has only happened twice, and never if I let "AudioCG has signed in" pop up first, like 1 second after the screen pops up.

Yeah, I made this observation, too. If you try to get through to the Profile Selection quickly, just smashing your keyboard, the game will crash. If you wait for GfWL to finish loading, the problem does not persist...

ShadowolfIncubi
11-28-2011, 01:58 AM
I've had these crashes about 50% of the time... I thought it might have to do with GfWL while checking for DLC or something, I dunno.
I'd resolve them by completely restarting my PC, which was very annoying. Right now, I'm just not even playing it at all, that and all the stuttering is just too unplayable to me.
I'll give that a shot later today though, thanks.

MrUnderstanding
11-28-2011, 02:46 AM
The first time I launch the game, it'll quit. The second time it works.

I'm prepared to blame GFWL. :p

Alienware Gamer
11-28-2011, 03:21 AM
It has not been tested properly with more than 2 CPU cores so any CPU with more than 2 Cores will need to be set in the task manager affinity for the exe to 2 only. I tried more but it always crashes. 2 is more stable but does still crash just not as much.

QA 0/10
Game=10/10
Publisher profit=10/10

Devnant
11-28-2011, 06:04 AM
After patch 11.11b (AMD) I can run the game with all cores enabled. But I have to wait about 15s at the "press start screen" to avoid CTD.

Hocevar
11-28-2011, 08:01 AM
The first time I launch the game, it'll quit. The second time it works.

I'm prepared to blame GFWL. :p

Same thing that was happening here before I uninstalled/reinstalled it