PDA

View Full Version : Conquest points ? and looking for strategy tips

Bilateralrope
11-29-2011, 06:53 PM
I've played 2 of the campaign levels, getting all 6 conquest points in both. But what I don't understand is how I'm getting them.

Also, any strategy tips for a new player ?

Loki@H|H
11-30-2011, 06:47 AM
As far as I know you always get 6 points for a victory but you can still get some points even if you lose - most I've ever gotten despite being knocked out was 4. I think the idea behind it was to make sure people didn't get stuck if they couldn't win at a certain level.

In terms of strategy I find it good to play the computers off of each other by making sure that you have enough walkers to prevent an aerial assault. That way one computer gets taken out (or severely weakened) and you can just swoop in and finish the other off.

Bilateralrope
11-30-2011, 07:56 PM
I think part of the problem is that most strategy games slowly build up your options, so you can learn strategies slowly, giving you time to learn how each part works with others. Greed Corp has the tutorial teaching you about each part on its own, then you are dumped right in it. You don't even get any advantage on early levels to ease the learning cliff into a curve. For example, I have yet been able to fire a cannon, because I have no idea about when is the right time to build/capture one.

As for letting computers duke it out, they keep targeting me before finishing their current opponent.