PDA

View Full Version : Bethesda= Learn to Beta TEST before Release to public.

Centaurchester
11-30-2011, 11:57 AM
Please read and reply Bethesda Community.

Its is REALLY sad to see big company like this get away with this and if you think back 10 years ago.. There was alot less bugs and glitches.. But

True, Games have gotten bigger, Better graphics (or so we hope:P )Better sounds, better Ai.. Yet we're still using 32 bit coding? sighs ok that another topic..

Bethesda you know you could hire 30 people..

have 5-10 people install and test patch for 1-2 days for PC
Have 5-10 people install and test on 360 for 1-2 days
Have 5-10 people install and test the patch on Ps3 1-2 days.

Then after 2-3 day testing BEFORE you release to the public..
You'd mostly fine/have found and/or seen some the glitches/bugs/issues that most people are having.

The Skyrim Community want fixes that done properly, Not half done please.. We want Quality.. Not Quantity..

----

If Bethesda NEEDS more time to fix these issues, they Just say so please. I can guarantee 75% if not more would be happy to hear you say that more time is needed to fix issues.
Example.

" We have found more issues and are working hard to fix these bugs/issues before we roll out proper patches for all version of the game, Please be patient and thank you "

Do not just throw patches out without beta testing them, Or select people from forms who can beta test patches and post back to you so issues can be slowly solved.

Don't become like Blizzard. (world Warcraft/Diablo etc etc ) Bethesda we beg you.

Thank you
Concerned Player,

vagan
11-30-2011, 12:03 PM
what a pompous post. congrats.
5-10 beta testers? is this some kind of joke ?

_Depression
11-30-2011, 12:10 PM
Don't become like Blizzard. (world Warcraft/Diablo etc etc ) Bethesda we beg you.

Blizz has been a lot better with patching in Starcraft 2 than in WoW, they have Public Testing of new patches available for weeks before rolling it out officially.

iamkewl
11-30-2011, 12:11 PM
Sorry OP, but you're clueless.

OurSacrifice
11-30-2011, 12:15 PM

Jokes aside, ONE, yes, ONE beta tester could have found a ton of the major issues with the game prior to launch by simply playing the game.

Just one.

Makes you think that they had nobody testing the PC version at all.

Alavard
11-30-2011, 12:15 PM

What does that make the QA team/management at Bethesda then?

EllEzDee
11-30-2011, 12:16 PM
you're clueless.

This thread summed up.

JMC002
11-30-2011, 12:18 PM
ONE, yes, ONE beta tester could have found a ton of the major issues with the game prior to launch by simply playing the game.

Just one.

Only if that one tester had a room full of different PCs to run the game on.

elionbel
11-30-2011, 12:22 PM
game works fine for me.

logged in over 80 hours.

completed the dark bro, thieves, and companions quests.

explored the entire map of skyrim.

have about 5 mods installed (blood, night, fxaa, textures, water)

no issues here.

malek1013
11-30-2011, 12:22 PM

With various states of usage from various intellectual degrees of users.

AudioCG
11-30-2011, 12:27 PM
game works fine for me.

logged in over 80 hours.

completed the dark bro, thieves, and companions quests.

explored the entire map of skyrim.

have about 5 mods installed (blood, night, fxaa, textures, water)

no issues here.

Test resistances and take a look at the dragons, let me know how that goes for you.

BTW, these are CONFIRMED, on all platforms. (yup, PS3 and 360 too)

_Depression
11-30-2011, 12:30 PM

The point is that so many of the bugs are universal, like fast-travel crashes, the Bonechill crash, sudden CTDs...

malek1013
11-30-2011, 12:32 PM
The point is that so many of the bugs are universal, like fast-travel crashes, the Bonechill crash, sudden CTDs...

Universal: including or covering all or a whole collectively or distributively without limit or exception; especially: available equitably to all members of a society <universal health coverage> (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/universal)

And yet I haven't receieved a single crash from fast-travel, bone chill, or a single CTD.

rlg5150
11-30-2011, 12:33 PM
Do you have any sources that say Bethesda does not test their games? So many ignorant brats think they know everything when they in fact know very little..

stinkfinger
11-30-2011, 12:33 PM
I enjoyed the Xanth series as a child myself. I explicitly remember Cherrie the centaur, a very sexy image if I recollect correctly.

Alavard
11-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Do you have any sources that say Bethesda does not test their games? So many ignorant brats think they know everything when they in fact know very little..

Fine, they test their games, let's just all concede that. The important point is that they do not test their games adequately.

Resistances are universally broken in this new patch. They simply do not get included in calculations any more. This problem appears on all 3 systems. What's more is that the problem was discovered on the first released patch, for the ps3, and was left in for the release of the 360 patch and the pc patch.

_Depression
11-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Universal: including or covering all or a whole collectively or distributively without limit or exception; especially: available equitably to all members of a society <universal health coverage> (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/universal)

And yet I haven't receieved a single crash from fast-travel, bone chill, or a single CTD.

Widely prevalent then. Nitpicking over terminology doesn't change the fact that these are widespread issues.

AmphibiousKitty
11-30-2011, 12:38 PM
Bethesda and beta testing do not go together.

This was established a long long time ago.

DarkJeff
11-30-2011, 12:38 PM
Its is REALLY sad to see big company like this get away with this and if you think back 10 years ago.. There was alot less bugs and glitches..Ahh, ten years ago.

Ten years ago, November 2001, Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor came out. It had a kamikaze uninstaller that would take system files with it when you uninstalled, messing up Windows. Good times. :cool:

real4xor
11-30-2011, 12:45 PM
meh, I`ve yet to see ANY game from bethsoft without bugs.
However, I`m still buying them.

They might not have the best programmers in the world there (they sure could use a few more/better tech staff), but most of their games have a large landmass to explore, libraries of lore, good atmosphere... it`s like they got all the stuff right, except for technical details.

And the open mod support is great. Also gives the community a chance to fix or add stuff to their games.

:/ kinda makes it more frustrating to get bugs tho. If it were a ♥♥♥♥ game, nobody would care.

cloneboy
11-30-2011, 12:49 PM
The fact that Beth take such a joy in making such a huge game and give it such a detailed backstory makes me forgive them for bugs. The game is huge, so yes, there are always going to be things that got missed. The lack of mods was annoying, the resistances again, annoying, but nothing too game breaking for me. They'll get it fixed.

In the meantime, go buy Skyri....oh....

Flint
11-30-2011, 01:49 PM
Test resistances and take a look at the dragons, let me know how that goes for you.

BTW, these are CONFIRMED, on all platforms. (yup, PS3 and 360 too)

Nope, no problems with dragons. Just went in and killed one. It nicely landed next to me so I could help him be more open minded. Or open skulled.

KuranesDreamer
11-30-2011, 01:50 PM
what a pompous post. congrats.
5-10 beta testers? is this some kind of joke ?

Actually, that is about the average on-staff testers many developers use. Just check the credits in your games. The "testers" section usually has, at most, 12 names in it.

Lowlightt
11-30-2011, 02:02 PM
Actually, that is about the average on-staff testers many developers use. Just check the credits in your games. The "testers" section usually has, at most, 12 names in it.

Testers are not the same as beta testers. Most testing groups are very small and have access to mod tools to fix problems and check coding as the play.

Beta testers on the other hand handle a near finished product and test playability and balance. Most Beta test groups are not included in the game credits and consist of 100 to 500 participants.

As far as I know beth uses local beta tester.

In short

Testers - payed and credited

Beta Testers - not payed not credited