PDA

View Full Version : Xmas easter egg?

PanzerLang
12-01-2011, 09:27 AM
What are the odds that somewhere in Skyrim between now and xmas some firtrees will light up like xmas-trees?

Goldendog
12-01-2011, 09:56 AM
I recommend placing posts like these on the official Bethesda forums as the Devs are more likely to see them and be inclined to add changes.

Since fallout didn't have any holiday seasonal patches though I would not expect to see them. Besides the religion in Skyrim probably doesn't support Yule/Christmas.

swiers
12-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Very low, especially given the NPC's are emphatically non-Christian. Then again, so are Christmass trees, so who knows. I have come across some wreathes, but those seemed to be the memorial sort, not the holiday sort.

Haldur
12-01-2011, 10:15 AM
Very low, especially given the NPC's are emphatically non-Christian. Then again, so are Christmass trees, so who knows. I have come across some wreathes, but those seemed to be the memorial sort, not the holiday sort.
Virtually all Christian holidays have their roots in pagan holidays (which makes the whole Halloween controversy in some parts of the U.S. highly ironic, imho).

I'd put a request into the mods section of the official forums, if you want to see anything like this. There's been a very capable and creative TES modding community, at least since Morrowind. I do modding myself, but in the first place, I don't celebrate XMas ('cept if you consider eating Chinese food a tradition), and in the second, I don't do graphical modding (scripting is my thing).

real4xor
12-01-2011, 10:20 AM
Lol, keep an eye on the sky.

Maybe you`ll see Santa flying by instead of a dragon. xD hahahaha.