PDA

View Full Version : SPOILERS: End of Game Question - Don't Read if you haven't beaten the game.

Enistre
12-01-2011, 10:45 AM
... Is defeating Anduin really the end of the main story line?

I know there's a ton of side-quests, and there's the civil war and all that, but.. Is this it for the -main- story line?

Felt really short... And very anti climatic.. And I feel it's kind of lame, Dragonborn or no, that I was able to kill Anduin. And he's a first born of Akatosh and supposed to be a god himself.

... Also? When you go back in time, and watch the Ancient Nords attack the dragons.. That was.. Really...? They could have made that look so much better... The dragons were just breathing on the nords and ... they took no damage and their bites were like.. right in front and..
It was all very cheesy. Textural graphics aside and all that jazz, that was poorly done for 2011.

Trigunvts
12-01-2011, 11:03 AM
strong storyline or rather the portrayal of the storyline has never been really a strong point in the elder scrolls series in general....After defeating alduin...all I get for my troubles is 3 dead people cheering hip hip hooray and they can't even do it in unison...doh

Krownleth
12-01-2011, 11:29 AM
strong storyline or rather the portrayal of the storyline has never been really a strong point in the elder scrolls series in general....After defeating alduin...all I get for my troubles is 3 dead people cheering hip hip hooray and they can't even do it in unison...doh

and a bunch of dragons sitting on the mountain hail or fear you in dovah language...(can't tell i dont speak dovah ..just yelling it around :eek:)

also people around the world will recognize you as the dragonborn and worldsaver ! also there is a new song from the bard's who play in taverns about the fight with alduin ..your a living legend..

for the mainquests its the end...for the history of the dragonborn its not :)

eriaa
12-01-2011, 11:36 AM
I waa a little "wtf?" when the game "ended", but I guess that's just elder scrolls for ya.

I'm wondering how the events of the main quest play out if you do things different. For example, when I finished the game, the civil war is still going on...it is possible to resolve the civil war even before the meeting in Hrothgar? That's the fun in these games to me. Now Bethesda just needs to get the creation kit out so I can start working on some quest and stuff I want to do.