PDA

View Full Version : Terraria Error (PLEASE HELP!)

Toxic_Creed
12-02-2011, 08:55 PM
So, I've been trying to fix an issue with Terraria that I've had since the update came out, I've looked up every solution possible and still have been unable to fix this error so I am turning to the 'experts' for help with it.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2a0m5l.png

This is what I get when I start up the game or attempt to run it. I see the System.OutOfMemoryException Error amongst a bunch of other things and I'm completely baffled as to why it would be doing this. I've had no issues running Terraria before, I'm certain it is NOT my memory at all as I have plenty and to spare (With 2 External Hard Drives and the Main Drive having practically nothing on it)

Should I uninstall and Reinstall Terraria at this point? Or is there an optional solution to this issue? Like I said, I've updated everything, and have even deleted the Cache and still nothing has worked. It's getting frustrating because I would love to play the game :(

Please anyone who reads this at least give me a HINT if you know what is causing this problem. I cannot play Magicka (Which won't load at all on the computer) and Terraria is one of my main means of having fun right now. PLEASE I really want to play this game!

aegisfate117
12-03-2011, 12:20 AM
Hey I got the same thing once. Didn't keep happening for me though. :\

I've uninstalled Terraria 4-5 times and my save files were still there. You may feel better about uninstalling if you find out where the save files are and save them, then reinstall.

Transform
12-03-2011, 12:26 AM
Have you ever modded Terraria or Inventory Edited? This error normally comes up when you do that. I think it means one of your saves is illegal, IE. 99999 Wood in Inventory. But this only happens if you join a server normally. This is puzzling.

Toxic_Creed
12-03-2011, 03:43 PM
I have never modded the game itself o-o so I have no overall idea why this would be acting like this. It's possible that it came from a video I watched which had a Downloadable world in it. Though I never did anything with it, at least not in the sense where I had 99999 of everything.

I might try uninstalling the game and reinstalling it to test and see if that works. The only thing I truly want to keep at the moment is my character. I can regenerate worlds and I would have to in order to actually get the new content haha or in my case have a new world for a fresh start.

Thank you for the information I could possibly try also deleting all my world files to see if that works. If not I'm going to uninstall and reinstall the program.