PDA

View Full Version : I really wish someone had told me that the Wall of Flesh...

Folkencon
12-05-2011, 06:13 AM
... is automatically summoned whenever, and no matter how, a voodoo doll gets dropped into lava. Even, for instance, voodoo dolls that are dropped into lava just as you kill the demon carrying it. As in, voodoo dolls that have never been a part of you inventory.

That, my friends, made for a rather surprising encounter.

Fishbaitism
12-05-2011, 06:51 AM
haha, who won? ;)

Note to self: Make sure got bag space when near there..

TubeSockWarrior
12-05-2011, 07:02 AM
I just logged on now to report what happened to me in hell, along the same line as you. I was minding my own business mining ore in hell when out of the blue I get the message saying the Guide is slain and the Wall of Flesh has awoken.

"OH GOD, WHAT?!" :eek:

I was then immediately overrun and thrown into lava. Fantastic. What baffles me, though, is that while I had the doll in my inventory I did NOT throw it in lava to summon him.

Folkencon
12-05-2011, 07:08 AM
haha, who won? ;)

Note to self: Make sure got bag space when near there..

I did. I was in the process of building a bridge from one side of hell to the other and was about 3/4 of the way done, so I had plenty of running room since he spawned on the unfinished side.

Fortunately, I had the foresight to be carrying my Phoenix Blaster and three full stacks of meteor shot with me.

Unfortunately, I hadn't finished removing the pre-existing corruption. I had it isolated from the rest of the world with tunnels, but I hadn't purified it yet.

Folkencon
12-05-2011, 07:09 AM
I was then immediately overrun and thrown into lava. Fantastic. What baffles me, though, is that while I had the doll in my inventory I did NOT throw it in lava to summon him.

Unless you had a situation like mine and a doll dropped into the lava from a slain demon, I don't know what to say to that. I wonder if the Wall summons itself if the Guide dies in any way (as in, if he were attacked by something above-ground that killed him)?

gf1024
12-05-2011, 07:36 AM
Unless you had a situation like mine and a doll dropped into the lava from a slain demon, I don't know what to say to that. I wonder if the Wall summons itself if the Guide dies in any way (as in, if he were attacked by something above-ground that killed him)?

Nah. I dug a hole straight from my house to hell. While I was doing that, the guide died in a lava pool came across. Later, when I was done and busy searching for shadow chests the next guide died too. I didn't even see him. No wall.

Batabii
12-05-2011, 01:03 PM
I expected this to happen as soon as I found out the method for summoning it.

dragon_kid
12-05-2011, 01:08 PM
After reading up and figuring out that's how it triggered, I kept seeing the picture of me facing off against a voodoo demon, only for a slow-mo moment where the doll would drop, plonk into the lava, and suddenly have a terror from the deep attack.

Instead, I was able to prepare, but managed to frag myself via fall damage into the ceiling (dat gravitron potion) x,x