PDA

View Full Version : Game-Breaking Bug! Need Help!

SgtFrog
12-06-2011, 06:32 AM
Okay, so I booted up Darwinia for the first time last night. Watched the beginning scenes, played on "Garden" for a bit, having no idea what I was doing, and then I realized that there was a Prologue! With a tutorial and everything! So I played that for about 40 minutes, getting to the part where the Dr. introduces you to Officers, but I was tired, so I shut the game down and went to bed.

The next morning, today, I booted the game up again, and it went straight to the Prologue. Only problem was, the tutorial had started over, but my units (the Squads and Engineers) were exactly where I had left them last night, but the research was missing (already downloaded). I was like "All right, I'll just delete my units and start this tutorial over. No big deal." Only problem was, when I tried to create an Engineer to research the already-downloaded research, the game froze, with the background sound effects stuttering.

I need help, I've only done maybe a little less than half of the tutorial, so I don't think I'm ready to just start playing "Garden" just yet.

Johnny Law
12-06-2011, 11:43 AM
The Prologue is really a separate mission; it's just a repackaging of the demo I believe. From the point of view of story and gameplay spoilers it may be best to play it _after_ the main campaign. The campaign does just fine at tutorial-izing.

So, I don't know if this helps you or not, but if it is possible to break out of your current quandary (maybe create a new profile?) I would recommend just skipping Prologue for now and playing the main campaign instead.