PDA

View Full Version : Few questions before i install...

VRocker
12-07-2011, 08:43 AM
Firstly i'd like to say that i liked playing APB back when RTW owned it, and was one of the original beta testers. I was also a tester when G1 first took over but a few things put me off and caused me to hang up my coat.

The main issues i had when G1 took over is the 3rd party software you need to install for the game, namely their GamersFirst Live client (way to rip off GFWL) and that crappy Pando Media Booster. Both of these were so terrible i ragequit the game.

My question is, are these included with the steam version? I had a look at the EULA for the installer (yes i actually read those things) and noticed theres a licence for Pando.
If pando is included then i will never install this game. Last time it was installed it ate an entire core and all my upload, with no benefit to the game.

Joshua Smith
12-07-2011, 08:44 AM
No, they are not included in the steam version

Freyar
12-07-2011, 11:57 AM
Even then, PMB you can uninstall after the installation/download of APB to begin with. PMB is used in junction with GamersFirst Live! not APB itself. Neither Pando nor G1L! seem to be in the Steam distribution.