PDA

View Full Version : The Best Movie Game Tie In Ever (Short Review-ish Thing)

Stry
12-08-2011, 06:52 AM
Great Graphics. Awesome stealth and action. I remember in 2004, there were big names out, Half-Life 2, and Doom 3, and FarCry made a big splash. And then this game just came out of nowhere, and blew me away.

In 2004, there were things Valve even grabbed off this game, and I'm not talking about the remade version either, the original, stand alone, non-upgraded Escape from Butcher Bay. What was it? Developer Commentary as you play the game. Thats right kids, the venerable Valve got that from this.

They're next game, the Syndicate, looks great, even though EA is Publishing... ugh.

TL;DR : Regardless of TAGES this game is worth every single penny. And Tages tags along ever since 2004, I've not had an issue with it, or it effecting my system in anyway.

evil_Vasile
12-17-2011, 03:05 AM
I totally agree, although Dark Athena seems slightly less stealthy and generally not as interesting as Butcher Bay.

Speaking of the movies, how exactly does Dark Athena tie to Pitch Black?

I haven't seen Pitch Black in a VERY long while, but IIRC Johns somehow recaptures Riddick before Pitch Black. How exactly does that happen? I don't think you see Johns again after the Dark Athena intro where Revas captures him...

Edit: Actually, if I'm not mistaken, Johns doesn't do anything at all in Dark Athena :(