PDA

View Full Version : This game was awful

RevD_CobblePot
12-08-2011, 07:52 PM
I mean..... come on. The awful cheesy, unbelievably story. The dragged out b.s that you have to go through. All the unnecessary driving you have to endure just to progress the main story.

TURBO, Ultra Fast Need For Speed Stunts, no gritty adult dialogue to be found, nothing Driver related at all. I mean come the ♥♥♥♥ on, what is wrong these people.

I want that epic 1998 Driver game. Who's with me Brosephs? I want that challenging 1998 game with Burnouts, Shifts, 360's, proper hand brakes, steering, reverse 360's. That original plot, that particular game breaking natural plot that Driver is supposed to be known for, that challenge(even for the skilled driver) just that epic natural driver game with good atmosphere and terrific car gameplay.

Is that too much to ask? They butchered San Francisco and dumbed it down terribly.

Fred DM
12-30-2011, 10:00 AM
i kind of agree. the gameplay wasn't too bad, the driving is rather fun, but the whole package just isn't good. with all the attempts at explaining the ridiculous story they still haven't managed to make it any less ludicrous. and don't even mention the abysmal porting job...

upon playing this i went back and re-installed the older Driver games including the very first one. lo and behold, the original is still the best. :cool:

SapientWolf
12-30-2011, 10:32 AM
It's not awful. It's just a different take on a classic game. It's more accessible than the original but the handling and physics are still lightyears ahead of most arcadey racing games. Little real life tricks like the Scandinavian Flick are modeled and work just like one would expect. All of the handbrake moves in the original Driver are there, and there's even a special hidden mission for fans of the classic.

My advice is to spend more time with the game before writing it off.