PDA

View Full Version : Tages

Tyriel12
12-09-2011, 10:46 AM
I get a Trojan warning when i try to install this game so im not installing it seriously whats with this ridiculous bs.

I don`t get why companies goes to this length to bug there paying customers. Makes me more inclined to pirate cause if i did i wouldn't have to deal with this. Atm i just feel cheated.

Zephon
12-09-2011, 03:16 PM
you do understand that it was most likely a false positive?
what antivirus are you using? its worth looking into.

Also.. why would you be more willing to pirate becuae of a false positive?
yes, its a false positive Valve/Steam would NEVER allow a trojan to reach their customers.

But a shady download off an internet site that was upload by a team of kids who cracked the game and could have modified anything they wanted knowing that millions would download it... yeah sounds safe to me.

Tyriel12
12-09-2011, 07:47 PM
i said more inclined didnt say id actually do it :P I usually just buy 2-4 full price games anyway the other ones i wait till they are on sale

Still i think its unfair that company`s put in so much protection on there games that it bugs there paying customers. Pirating protection shud bug the pirates not us.

Yeah i assume its a false positive to but i don`t know what tages do so wile its probably not a trojan i figure maybe the overzealous protection could cause other problems with my pc and i`m not taking the chance. And i already need to connect with steam every time i start the game so how much more protection could the developer need ?

evil_Vasile
12-17-2011, 03:09 AM
So far TAGES didn't have any bad effects on my system, but yea, it seems utterly ridiculous to have TAGES on top of Steam... Double DRM all the way eh?

(Actually I think I've encountered TAGES in some game before, quite possibly Witcher 1 but I think it was later removed with a patch? Not really sure...)

Skeith72
12-30-2011, 10:50 AM
evil, you are in fact right. Not sure if it was the Witcher 1 or 2 (possibly both, though). I came at first with another DRM in addition to steam, which the developer removed manually (they are so awesome :D). It got them into a bit of trouble though.