PDA

View Full Version : Witnessing

Bumsfallera
12-11-2011, 05:03 AM
Is there an amount of money a crim can have (before taking it to the laundry) so he can always be witnessed? I'm asking this because I'm constantly getting witnessed while on my way to the laundry, so I'm not commiting any crime at that moment (and the symbol which shows I can be witnessed is not there).

diesector__
12-11-2011, 06:33 AM
$1500 is the threshold.

Try to find instances with less Enforcers to ramraid. Also, find some storefronts/warehouse doors that are more 'secluded' in the city - you'll find these spots as you get to know the city better.

Bumsfallera
12-11-2011, 06:45 AM
Ah ok thanks. It's not a big deal to get caught once in a while since it's pretty easy to make loads of money as a crim. I just wanted to know why they can catch me ;)

Freyar
12-11-2011, 02:27 PM
Keep in mind that ramraiding in districts with less Enforcers tends to draw out Enforcers that are specifically looking for criminals that are raiding.

dEEkAy
12-11-2011, 07:01 PM
i don't think there is a threshold for beeing witnessed every time.

i was riding around the city with about 7.000 $ of dirty money and not a single enforcer attacked me (they passed me a few times). I think it's all about beeing witnessed when commiting a crime which means getting stuff OUT of your car to the DEALER will make you "witnessable" for a moment

RpTheHotrod
12-11-2011, 07:17 PM
Yes you have to be in the process or just recently comitting a crime to be witnessed.

diesector__
12-11-2011, 09:19 PM
i don't think there is a threshold for beeing witnessed every time.

i was riding around the city with about 7.000 $ of dirty money and not a single enforcer attacked me (they passed me a few times). I think it's all about beeing witnessed when commiting a crime which means getting stuff OUT of your car to the DEALER will make you "witnessable" for a moment

Not true. Sometimes, Enforcers don't necessarily want to (or have the ability to) witness crims. This may be because they may in missions, they want to keep their prestige multiplier (it drops to P2 for a successful witness), or they simply don't care. It is always the Enforcer that instigates the fight.

Bumsfallera
12-11-2011, 11:20 PM
Yes you have to be in the process or just recently comitting a crime to be witnessed.

Nope, thats simply wrong. As I mentioned before it happened several times, and I tested it by just driving around with ~5000$ not doing anything but driving, and again some enforcers started chasing me.

So yes, there definately is a threshold for being witnessed. Either that, or it's those hackers everybody keeps crying 'bout.

RpTheHotrod
12-11-2011, 11:32 PM
Nope, thats simply wrong. As I mentioned before it happened several times, and I tested it by just driving around with ~5000$ not doing anything but driving, and again some enforcers started chasing me.

So yes, there definately is a threshold for being witnessed. Either that, or it's those hackers everybody keeps crying 'bout.

Yes there's a max threshold. I misunderstood the question.

farfletched
12-12-2011, 12:35 AM
Just to clear things up - criminals with $1500 owc (open world cash) or more are always witnessable now. This was changed recently from "being caught in the act". The mechanic was changed to make it possible for enforcers just to enter a district looking for criminals doing crime....and to keep the crims on their toes :p

If you don't want to get in trouble with the law, stop smasing shop fronts and stealin shiz! Filthy crims.

Zyat
12-12-2011, 09:06 AM
If you don't want to get in trouble with the law, stop smasing shop fronts and stealin shiz! Filthy crims.

But if we stop stealing shiz the enforcers wouldn't have much to do... Also I am not filthy, I would have you know I shower daily. :mad: :p :D

I kid... I kid...

Rave2n
12-12-2011, 09:07 AM

But I wiped...this time.

Triptrippen
12-12-2011, 10:51 AM
I don't see the point in witnessing other than to farm some arrests while the drop off mission is active. Winning as a cop just resets your multiplier to 1x, so unless the crim has 10k whats the point.

diesector__
12-12-2011, 11:39 AM
Arrests (or any form of takeout) does not count towards your role in a witness mission. The only point of witnesses is for the cash.

RpTheHotrod
12-12-2011, 11:43 AM
Witnessing is more of a roleplay thing. Sometimes you can get a lot of cash out of it but it's rare. I saw someone witness and win the mission for an easy $25,000 a couple of times.