PDA

View Full Version : Connection Timeout

Haddock100
12-11-2011, 06:21 AM
I just bought the Total War Box with all the Total War-games.

When I try to install some of the games I get an error saying "An error occured while installing Rome: Total War Gold Edition (connection timeout)".

All of my other games that I have bought works fine, it's only the Rome Box.

Hope you can help.

Nerk
12-11-2011, 02:37 PM
same here. been trying for two days but no change. i got the total war pack and i can download everything but rome.

Rats808
12-19-2011, 02:27 PM
I'm having the same problem.

Edit: It's fixed, not sure how, though.

Morgurthion
12-20-2011, 12:40 AM
I've been having this exact issues with Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 since I bought it at the Thanksgiving sale. I've posted about it in those forums and I've sent a ticket to steam support, but no solution has been found, even though many others share the same issue, and have also contacted steam support. I you find a soloution make sure you share the info plz!

*Edit* Realized I didn't mention that I have the same issue with this game also, and that it appears to malfuntion in the exact same way that the RcT3 installation does.

Nerk
12-21-2011, 01:42 AM
yeah i sent a ticket to support shortly after my post and they have been slowly answering me with useless stuff. Now they wanted a msinfo32 report. I sent it and i'm waiting for any answer. I'll keep you posted if they manage to fix it, but i have the bad feeling it won't go well.

Need_Runes
12-21-2011, 11:31 AM
they may not be quick to start anything, but valve has the best customer support I have ever seen in a game company

Nerk
12-22-2011, 04:14 AM
Might be, but it really takes a while to get them started

Nerk
01-31-2012, 08:24 AM
I'll bump this to give an update on my situation: it still doesn't work. Also, support stopped answering the ticket for a while now (last reply from them is at jan 13). Anyone else that had this got it fixed?

bpcarter93
02-05-2012, 11:44 PM
same issue, can't dl the game even though I've had it on my computer before.