PDA

View Full Version : Can you return after the final boss?

Protoss
12-11-2011, 07:45 AM
Is it possible to return after the final boss like it was in DeathSpank and DeathSpank:TOV? So I can play the game and not worry about DLC needing me to replay the full game.

Or is there a Very Definite Final Dungeon with a Point Of No Return?

Coraline Jones
12-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Is it possible to return after the final boss like it was in DeathSpank and DeathSpank:TOV? So I can play the game and not worry about DLC needing me to replay the full game.

Or is there a Very Definite Final Dungeon with a Point Of No Return?

After the final battle, the game will play the movie and the game will save your progress. After that, you can reload and you'll be at the final outhouse again, but the final quest--kill the end boss--will be listed as "completed". Then you can pretty much do whatever you want.

I expect the only reason why you'd want to play further is to get 100% game completion or work on the (extremely) grindy achievements. The achievements for killing 2000 enemies and 1000 shield bashes must be done within a single game.

Protoss
12-17-2011, 12:08 AM
Yes, and for the DLC. :-)

Thanks! But now it is too late, I guess. Will do it in 2012 then.

JoeB
12-17-2011, 05:53 AM
If you decide to do the DLC area after beating the final boss, try the final boss AGAIN with the new equipment. You'll notice a huge difference in how much easier the fight becomes.

Arantor
12-17-2011, 07:54 AM
I thought the only DLC was a co-op character?