PDA

View Full Version : Serious Cannon Bug

OlegH
12-11-2011, 08:55 AM
Hello, devs!
I just have figured that cannon fire has a little bug (or inconvenience in comparison to other games in series)

Steps to reproduce
- get cannon with at least 2 balls
- pull the trigger and don't release it (<- this is the point)
- cannon will charge and shot 1 ball

Expected results
- next ball charges (like in previous games)

Actual results
- canon does nothing. To charge next ball you have to release fire button and then press it again.

Happens - always.

At first i was confused then i realized that this happens in 100% times.

Will it be fixed?

dinky2012
12-11-2011, 09:02 AM
Bro, I think it's designed this.

OlegH
12-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Bro, I think it's designed this.
I don't think this way, because
1) the cannon always acted other way
2) pulling the trigger and not releasing it = continuos fire on every other weapon

Anyway, you could be right, but then we need official proof like "Yea, this is not a bug, its a feature" :)

XerX
12-11-2011, 09:49 AM
Anyways it's annoying and they should fix it to be like in previous games - holding the trigger charging a second ball.

Valdorganos
12-11-2011, 10:54 AM
2) pulling the trigger and not releasing it = continuos fire on every other weapon

Wrong the pistol is like that, the shotgun is like that, the double barrel shotgun is like that.

For the cannon you can charge the ball and have slower fire rate or not charge and faster fire rate. Plus cannon ammo is rare and one cannon shot is devastating so no continuous fire make sense for me.

Ghostbreed
12-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Hehehehehe, balls.

Terepin
12-11-2011, 11:41 AM
There is one issue though. In all previous SS games, after shooting ball, you could press fire immediately after shot, but not here. I find it annoying.

Polantaris
12-11-2011, 03:39 PM
I agree. It should be the old way. It's gotten me killed a few times because I forget that it doesn't keep charging new shots.

OlegH
12-11-2011, 03:51 PM
I agree. It should be the old way. It's gotten me killed a few times because I forget that it doesn't keep charging new shots.

Same here

Xenos72
12-11-2011, 03:55 PM
I strongly agree with OP.

Redboy
12-11-2011, 05:15 PM
Hmm I having confuse a lot with cannon too, especially with charge trigger.

Xenos72
12-11-2011, 05:28 PM
I don't think this way, because
1) the cannon always acted other way

Anyway, you could be right, but then we need official proof like "Yea, this is not a bug, its a feature" :)

Yeah it works at first just leaving your finger on the button but after that you have to keep pressing,hold,then release.

When you first use the cannon you can just leave your finger on the button and it will charge and fire repeatedly, but after that you have to keep pressing.

MDA400
12-11-2011, 05:51 PM
In essence, auto-charging the cannon would be basically the grenade launcher but with a bigger graphical effect. so for one, your not *****ing on other players in multiplayer with an autocannon lol and two, it puts a little ease on your system. ;)

Valdorganos
12-12-2011, 12:37 AM
When you first use the cannon you can just leave your finger on the button and it will charge and fire repeatedly, but after that you have to keep pressing.

I load different saves and with none I had automatic fire with the cannon.

What you mean by first use? the first time ever you pick a cannon and ever use it? That would be a weird bug. But are you sure you got automatic cannon fire ever in BFE?

Przymiot
12-12-2011, 05:56 AM
Noticed it too, pretty annoying but I guess that's how things work in bfe